Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

I found that when I first ran with the new bulkhead I had no steering, but after adding more and more castor the steering came back, so this meeting I will add more castor, this now give good turn in and loads of power on steering (if not a little too much, I had to turn the steering rate down).
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Some more info for the notebook.
Thanks Nimo ,keep us posted.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Nimo, where are you on castor in clips (mm) in front of A Arm. I am at only 1mm and seem to have plenty of steering. But may try more castor next time out just to see the difference. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Ok. I'll give the new baulkheads a try.
Thanks for the tip/ reminder Razzor.

Nimo.......... did you loose turn in and on power steering when you added the baulkheads?

Menace
Old 11-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I have only run the new bulkhead once, and i ran the stock setting for roll centre, with a normal amount of caster (2mm behind) and the car was the same as normal (with a 50K front diff)........I think you can run exactly the same geometry as G4S kit, so you wont lose any steering....

I may be wrong but I think NiMo had a solid in with the new bulkheads, solid & damp track = no steering !

When we last raced at aldershot the grip was shocking, together with a damp place on the track, so there was no point in trying the other roll center positions.

If anything the new system should make the front end a little more responsive as its a bit stiffer (with the carbon brace compared to G4S kit plastic one), and I cant wait to test it in some decent grip, but I think we may have to wait until next year !!

Good Luck.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ah Daz, the sunshine is beckoning you to a warmer place!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default brake pad question

i am using APP brake pad (kyoso) in my G4S.

brake power is very good... (i am using front diff)

But it was easily changed... more and more loose..

so i must frequently change brake setting.

i wonder what brake pad type is not changed and has strong brake power.

normal pad? teflon pad? APP (K-factory racing pad)?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Nimo, where are you on castor in clips (mm) in front of A Arm. I am at only 1mm and seem to have plenty of steering. But may try more castor next time out just to see the difference. Thanks!
I started the day with no castor clips in front of A arm and had no turn in (I had been running this set up with standard front end), I went to a 1mm clip and it was a little better, but for the final I went to 2mm and was shocked at the turn in and on power steering, but this still kicked the rear at low speed (or was it those damp patches), next meeting I will go to 3mm.
Front diff was with 100K, and still is.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

NiMo and Daz,
Thanks.....thats good info' on the new baulkheads and on caster settings. Thanks.
Over here in the U.S, there's always quite alot of grip.(I don't think anyone would race (or know how to....?! ) Who said that..
If there was the level of grip you have in England.
I think from that point of view, the increased stiffness it gives the front end will only help.
Did you guys get the tip from G4s'er about filling the aluminium brace with JB (Epoxy) ?

Menace
Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Gansei
The K factory "real racing pads" are great. I've felt any brake fade since using them.
They seam to wear alot better too.
I also have the K factory disk too which probably helps although I've never used these pads with the stock disk.

Menace
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

That should read "....never felt any brake fade".
Old 11-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

NiMo, I had 2mm caster clips behind all day, you should have come and asked !!

At the worlds, my pitman spotted nearly every one had very little caster angle, this was in high grip, so for racers with grip, that may be one difference in set up to us drifters over here !!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muppet racing
NiMo, I had 2mm caster clips behind all day, you should have come and asked !!

At the worlds, my pitman spotted nearly every one had very little caster angle, this was in high grip, so for racers with grip, that may be one difference in set up to us drifters over here !!
You should know me by now Daz, I always do things the hard way
I blame having to run race control for messing up my racing
Old 11-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Cripes, man!

Once again Sam at www.racedayhobbies.com has come through with flying colors and delivered, earlier than expected, exactly what I needed. Just wanted to show some gratitude to the man with the Team Magic plan.

Thanks again, Sam.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I always thought (and is my experience at the track) that moving the top arm back (increasing the caster - more clips in front) would reduce the turn in? I'm just wondering why Nimo had better turn in after moving the arm back (clips in front)?

I am I correct in assuming that the damp + 100K front diff had a lot more to do with the lost steering than the new front brace?

Cheers,

Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.