Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jtveten
We've found by using the new bladders with the Xray black foam shock inserts is just the perfect way to go. Perfect positive rebound and long lasting.
Any links for the shock inserts ???
Old 09-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
Any links for the shock inserts ???
Part No. 308090
Old 09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
So Serpent now include freebies to sell the car
lol like ntc3 and it dosnot work that good (and now the hate on me starts) use the proper tool a caliper to do your clutch.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Holeshot
As a techie who appreciates egineering. I don't even care about being the fastest driver but I love the egineering that goes into this car. Thats mainly why I bought it. As soon as I saw it I wanted it. I knew nothing of it's performance potential. I have always loved Kfactory parts. This car was made for me. I almost dont care how much the upgrades options are. I have sent Sam many emails about the kool stuff that is available for this car. I know he is sick of me by now. The quality, fit and funtion is so flawless I am constantly amazed at the stuff that keeps coming out and available. I wouls not own any other car now.........................Ron
and think its based on the v1r ya its a sweet car and all the stuff for it
Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
and think its based on the v1r ya its a sweet car and all the stuff for it
True, it IS based on the old V1R.
So why did Kyosho walk away from a good proven design?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
True, it IS based on the old V1R.
So why did Kyosho walk away from a good proven design?
its old LOL idono you know car com like to try new things the new mugen mtx4 is better than the 3 car so now you have the 720 mtx4 g4s rrr as very good cars
Old 09-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Isn't the V-one RRR also a refinement of the V-one R? All I know is that regardless of what the G4 evolved from its an extremly capable car that gives me an edge over more seasoned racers with Mugen & kyosho rides.

The last gas race I ran my privateer G4s was .5sec a lap faster than all the Kyosho team sponsored cars and seeing as I am a nitro newbie it had to be the car.

Mark
Old 09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtveten
Isn't the V-one RRR also a refinement of the V-one R? All I know is that regardless of what the G4 evolved from its an extremly capable car that gives me an edge over more seasoned racers with Mugen & kyosho rides.

The last gas race I ran my privateer G4s was .5sec a lap faster than all the Kyosho team sponsored cars and seeing as I am a nitro newbie it had to be the car.

Mark
ya its the car and i cant drive the rrr or a 720 this is why im thinking the g4s and its a simple car to work on.but i am a mugen guy so idono.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

problem with front sway bar and droop adjustment.

when I increase droop one one side of the car is the other suposed to react as well?

when I increase droop on the front right side, my front left rises a bit too, not the full 2mm of droop but like 1mm, is this normal?

I am having some trouble getting the front hub carriers to rest on a flat surface, the left always touch the sruface but the right is like .25mm off
Old 09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

I know it was posted in the thread before but I can't find the link to a gear ratio/roll-out calculator. Does anyone have a link?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dnitro
I know it was posted in the thread before but I can't find the link to a gear ratio/roll-out calculator. Does anyone have a link?
i think you can download it from 3 hobby.net
few types are available there
Old 09-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Hey that is interesting about the bladders included in the new kit. I was unware they have orange bladders in them. I will find out if they are the same as the new bladders. Maybe marketing say it is better to be blue than orange!! LOL

I have the blue in mine and found them to work very well so far. The key is for the to rebound to original size. Looks like the better quality of rubber in the new ones does exactly that.

SamF
Glad i could be of assistence Sam...

BB
Old 09-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
hey Bundy, yes i was a bit slow, but i have recieved them today with my other bits(spares) i waited to do a decent order and got the bladders then. i will try them out next round, i am trying the much more ones this weekend, so ill see how they go ?
PattoJnr:

Nice... I heard you got some extra stuff in your box

Hope to see them soon... hehehehehehe

BB
Old 09-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
problem with front sway bar and droop adjustment.

when I increase droop one one side of the car is the other suposed to react as well?

when I increase droop on the front right side, my front left rises a bit too, not the full 2mm of droop but like 1mm, is this normal?

I am having some trouble getting the front hub carriers to rest on a flat surface, the left always touch the sruface but the right is like .25mm off
RcRevolution: Make sure you have disconnected the front sway bar. It is a pain because you can't just slide one side away, you almost need to pull it apart and then remove one bar altogether. I hope this helps...

BB
Old 09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mtveten

Mark
here my take one this from some body that has raced both.
I found that the vone rr worked better in lower traction surface than the rrr, but when the grip went up the rrr worked better. with the adjustabke roll centers I'm able to dial out grip in the car and still run larger dia tires, with the rr I had to run smalle dia to get the same results, thus I have had less problems getting the rrr to work at the track than I ever had with the rr. the rrr has a much wider sweet spot than the rr ever had. I'm sure with a little tweeks I could get the old girl up to speed, but parts are gettting harder to find. What they have done with the g-4 is fine tune a proven platforum and made it work.I was really close in getting one but there was no parts support down here so I went with the v one rrr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.