Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
difference between 3 and 5 port engines? >

difference between 3 and 5 port engines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

difference between 3 and 5 port engines?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

it says the FW-05RR is discontinued on tower hobbies?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/ has it at $360
Old 11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
it says the FW-05RR is discontinued on tower hobbies?
Tower no longer carries Kyosho stuff anways. And you can always look one up, new or used, from ebay.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

ok i found the car on there but my lhs doesnt carry kyosho stuff so if anyone knows of any hobbyshops near Philly PA it would help.

and does that online store link u sent send to U.S. and how much would shipping be.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I love my Nitro TC3. I doubt you'll find a better car for support and performance/price anywhere else in north america. All of us in my racing team run one, and have a great time. Great performance, particularly in tight tracks, but put the power to it, and you can easily keep up with the belt cars in the straight. Races are won in the turns anyway, not the straight (unless you're seriously underpowered).

Get the car that has the best support in your area, whatever that is. As good as the japanese cars can be, I don't think it's likely they'll have parts at your local hobby stores when you need a part available by the weekend. For people looking to have fun with their cars, this is the single most important factor. The Nitro TC3 gives you that ease of parts availability, while still being very competitive, in my experience.

My 2c...
Old 11-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aphinity
I love my Nitro TC3. I doubt you'll find a better car for support and performance/price anywhere else in north america. All of us in my racing team run one, and have a great time. Great performance, particularly in tight tracks, but put the power to it, and you can easily keep up with the belt cars in the straight. Races are won in the turns anyway, not the straight (unless you're seriously underpowered).

Get the car that has the best support in your area, whatever that is. As good as the japanese cars can be, I don't think it's likely they'll have parts at your local hobby stores when you need a part available by the weekend. For people looking to have fun with their cars, this is the single most important factor. The Nitro TC3 gives you that ease of parts availability, while still being very competitive, in my experience.

My 2c...
The problem with the AE car is it si more fragile and takes more maintenance. I started with the AE car. This platform is still very fast. The thing I didn't like about it was I spent all my time between race heats working on the car. Now with the Mugen, I spend my time walking around disturbing the other racers.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

When it comes time to select a 3 or 5 port engine for racing, there are many things to consider, for instance, you want to be certain that you want make sure its an engine that will give you a ton of power and snap when you need it.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:57 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMHO you can't go past the LRP Spec2 3port motor a great little motor and it's only $192USD on rc-mushroom.

I've been running the spec1 version for over a year with good success. Give it a go I think you will be pleasently surprised.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by B4
IMHO you can't go past the LRP Spec2 3port motor a great little motor and it's only $192USD on rc-mushroom.

I've been running the spec1 version for over a year with good success. Give it a go I think you will be pleasently surprised.
The LRP spec2 engine just recently won the Australian 1/10th scale National title!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

For the price. The OS TZ 3 port is the best choice for you, hands down. P/s set is only $50!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

ok...off topic and back to a car. does anyone have a link to thier lhs or some online hobby shop in the US and not over sea's that carries Kyosho parts and cars? if you know any please PM me or put the link in.

thank you in advance!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

halo hobbies has the car and the part as josh cyrul drives for them,,,,,,,,Over this summer I decided to open an indoor carpet track in Northwood, Ohio. The track was formerly the Hobby Stop West facility that was simply refered to as the "Toledo track". Since acuiring the track we have done major renovations and it is really starting to look like the facility that I wanted to create. I'll be posting pictures very soon so everyone can take a look at our hard work in trying to get the place ready for this indoor season!!

Also, we are proud to announce that NORRCA has given us a jingle and we will be holding the NORRCA Carpet Nationals at Halo Hobbies. The date for the race is set for November 4th-7th. We will be posting entry forms soon (basically, when I am done at the sedan nats and I have a second to make them!!).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEFX, Kyosho, JACO, SMC, TrueSpeed, Custom Works, Ko Propo, Sirio, Hudy, Halo Hobbies, Competition Electronics and Kolors by Kropy!!! WWW.CEFX.NET ,,,,
Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

do a search for halo hobbies
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

cant find a web site on that one.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

are HPI cars worth looking into?(R40, or RS4???)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.