2014 Byron On-Road World Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Gt - Andy Liu and win, Shawn Bucklin 2nd, Chad Kiffe 3rd

1/10 - JJ Wang TQ and win, Ditta Claymore 2nd, Lauren Whitten 3rd

1/8 - JJ Wang TQ and win, Vincent Jackson2nd, Eric Jones 3rd

Stake dinner goes to Howard Lo, Rick Wang to pay the bill.

Last edited by Grenade10; 06-30-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thank you Byron Fuel for coming out and hosting another great event....along with the great Leisure Hour Raceway team and the perfect weather. Always a great event there to run gas car once a year.

Special thanks to Bill Sydor, without him, I will be staying home watching World Cup only. Bill is DA MAN.....got me a perfect car for a perfect weekend. Thanks Eric Schutt for being a awesome pit man and shortened my pit stop and have zero hick up for 60 minutes. Thank you Mark for cheering for me....and being a threat to my special "competitor".

Ringwood......not too bad for the 1st time on road. Not bad at all.

Andy....what can I say, Flying Hawaiian...he is Flying for sure. Rematch this Sunday?

Paolo.....thanks for the tip about the fuel tank. Without you, I will definitely heading home after Friday Practice.

Regarding the 5th year "Byron Fuel private challenge"....I will let the guy who will pay the bill for the next 364 days do the talking. Glad that Paolo and the rest are witnessing that live.

Remember.....there are no CRYING in RC.

Last edited by Solara; 06-30-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Leisure Hours Raceway would like to thank Byron Fuels for having the Byron Fuels Challenge at our race track, it just doesn't get much better than when a company who has the best product on the market sponsors a race at our facility. Leisure Hours would also like to thank all of the great people who come to this race, some are as close as 5 miles away, some travel over 7,000 miles to come here every year, to every racer who makes the trip, we thank you!
The weather looked like it could be an issue but in the end we had more sun than anything. I will get podium pics up soon, congratulations to JJ Wang for taking TQ and the wins in both 1/10th and 1/8th scale, congratulations to Andy Liu for the TQ and win in GT!

Here are the rest of the results
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Byron Fuels Challenge2014.pdf (50.0 KB, 395 views)
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Congrats to all the NYRCC members who participated in the Byron's challenge !!! It felt like reading the FBF results...lol...
Old 06-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Z
Tech Master

Had a great time. Will be back next year.

Z
Old 06-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a great time at this event once again. Thanks to Byron's fuels and leisure hours for running it.
Thanks to Desoto Racing and RC America for great support see you next year

Congrats to all the winners
Old 07-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to JJ and Andy. Nicely done gentlemen.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

I hope someone would post some videos to highlight some of the racing in action.....

I would like to thank Leisure Hours crew and Byron's fuels for hosting this great event. It was nice to see all the racers around the country and internationally at this event. I would like to give thanks to all my sponsors for your continuous support of 1/8 GT class.

My pitman/teammate and I had a great time indeed. I would like to give a special thanks to Gus Wood for getting me into this sport 4 years ago, coaching me on driving style and how to read the track as well as on setup.

I would like to thank my pitman Cody Woods (a great TC driver) for being a wonderful crew chief over the weekend. He had to deal with 4 flameouts and a tire change during the 60 minute main. For someone who had never been involved with nitro racing sure did a fantastic job of helping me captured the TQ, record breaking run in the 3rd qualifier, and the 1st place win in the A-main.

One more thing, thank you Paolo for bringing the NOV41032 conical header for me!

Until next time........

Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"

Last edited by Flyin Hawaiian1; 07-01-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Congrats Andy! And to everyone was fun.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

All I got is here for video don't know how to post it.

https://www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
Old 07-02-2014, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default HOWARD was the man!!!

So the saying goes be careful what might come back to bite you in the ass, well... my pre-race smack and Howard's driving certainly made sure of that this past weekend! Yes, Vegas odds were wrong, I lost and LOST Big time! No excuses, No Cryin (Howard take note),just lost and now need to suck it up like a real man (howard take note) and buy Howard the Steak dinner wherever he wants! But the most important part, I had the Best time at the race, great to see everyone and thanks for all the help I got. And sorry for those who sat near or around Howard and I, I know we were LOUD all weekend and I just don't know how Howard can talk non stop all weekend, just remember to bring ear plugs next year! It was a great weekend, very proud of JJ, he did good and Ai too. Congrats to Andy for dominating the GT weekend. I am also happy for the two kids (Mihnea and Fabio) who traveled with us from China, they did well also! Thanks to Scott, Mike and rest to Leisure Hour crew for working so hard to give us the weekend fun. Thanks to Byron Fuel for putting up this event every year.

If there were things to take away from this weekend, it was the friendship, it was the joy of the hobby, it was the smack talk with Howard...and Mark, Bill, it was JJ's accomplishment, it was seeing 5 to 6 kids racing... and these kids are the future of our hobby. I saw something that will not be forgotten and WE ALL need to learn from this.

Foster (Age 13) and Mihnea ( Age 14) were in group D in the bump up race, both driving well and Mihnea was in the bump up position with Foster right behind him. On the last couple of laps of race, the two collided,not intentional, simply racing incident and Foster who was behind Mihnea got the final bump up. coming off the driver stand, Foster went to Mihnea and apologized for hitting Mihnea and Mihnea replied he too was sorry for hitting back unintentionally. We're talking kids here... Anyway, on the podium for trophy presentation, the winner of group D wasn't there so Foster and Mihnea stood alone in 2 and 3 spot. For picture purpose, we wanted the two to both stand on the top and this was when Foster said to Mihnea something like, you stand there because you deserved to win. SPORTSMANSHIP displayed in what I believe many of us should learn from. BTW.. I was there watching the race, Foster was not at fault, it was a racing incident and both kids waited after hitting each other. Great family upbringing, I want to congratulate both family! Great kids!

Now back to Howard... You beat me fair and you beat me bad... BUT I will be back next year and you better watch out, I am NOT going to take it lightly again, my car will be dialed to win! And when that happens... No crying Howard! And Mark... don't ever bring that stupid rubber ducky to the track,it totally jinxed me all weekend. Damn...... Howard, now pick the steak house!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

For those of you that had e-mailed me/texted me/PM'ed me from the past couple of days.....My GT setup is now posted on serpent.com.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rwang
So the saying goes be careful what might come back to bite you in the ass, well... my pre-race smack and Howard's driving certainly made sure of that this past weekend! Yes, Vegas odds were wrong, I lost and LOST Big time! No excuses, No Cryin (Howard take note),just lost and now need to suck it up like a real man (howard take note) and buy Howard the Steak dinner wherever he wants! But the most important part, I had the Best time at the race, great to see everyone and thanks for all the help I got. And sorry for those who sat near or around Howard and I, I know we were LOUD all weekend and I just don't know how Howard can talk non stop all weekend, just remember to bring ear plugs next year! It was a great weekend, very proud of JJ, he did good and Ai too. Congrats to Andy for dominating the GT weekend. I am also happy for the two kids (Mihnea and Fabio) who traveled with us from China, they did well also! Thanks to Scott, Mike and rest to Leisure Hour crew for working so hard to give us the weekend fun. Thanks to Byron Fuel for putting up this event every year.

If there were things to take away from this weekend, it was the friendship, it was the joy of the hobby, it was the smack talk with Howard...and Mark, Bill, it was JJ's accomplishment, it was seeing 5 to 6 kids racing... and these kids are the future of our hobby. I saw something that will not be forgotten and WE ALL need to learn from this.

Foster (Age 13) and Mihnea ( Age 14) were in group D in the bump up race, both driving well and Mihnea was in the bump up position with Foster right behind him. On the last couple of laps of race, the two collided,not intentional, simply racing incident and Foster who was behind Mihnea got the final bump up. coming off the driver stand, Foster went to Mihnea and apologized for hitting Mihnea and Mihnea replied he too was sorry for hitting back unintentionally. We're talking kids here... Anyway, on the podium for trophy presentation, the winner of group D wasn't there so Foster and Mihnea stood alone in 2 and 3 spot. For picture purpose, we wanted the two to both stand on the top and this was when Foster said to Mihnea something like, you stand there because you deserved to win. SPORTSMANSHIP displayed in what I believe many of us should learn from. BTW.. I was there watching the race, Foster was not at fault, it was a racing incident and both kids waited after hitting each other. Great family upbringing, I want to congratulate both family! Great kids!

Now back to Howard... You beat me fair and you beat me bad... BUT I will be back next year and you better watch out, I am NOT going to take it lightly again, my car will be dialed to win! And when that happens... No crying Howard! And Mark... don't ever bring that stupid rubber ducky to the track,it totally jinxed me all weekend. Damn...... Howard, now pick the steak house!
Rick.....day 1, smack talk to Rick Wang verision 1.0.0.0, start NOW....LOL

I don't race nitro that much, but if I do....I race Byron Fuel Challenge and Rick Wang...........stay Hungry my friend.....

See you Monday when you are back from ETS and we can talk about what country you should buy me that steak dinner.....Whiting mentioned Brazil is good, or should I stay in USA but try New York (the state) for New York Strip....LOL

It was fun playing toy car with you and everyone, I enjoy the PIT TIME alot more then my track time. Running the same laps over and over for 10 and 60 minutes just get over rated...I rather talk smack to you and MARK, that really made my day. Beside I have Bill Sydor as my car mechanic, I just be like Michael Schumacher and go to the driver stand and drive...how hard would that be.

2015, you need to bring your 2013 game back.....meanwhile, I still have 362 days left to trash talk about you, 2nd place Wang....LOL
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Solara
Rick.....day 1, smack talk to Rick Wang verision 1.0.0.0, start NOW....LOL

I don't race nitro that much, but if I do....I race Byron Fuel Challenge and Rick Wang...........stay Hungry my friend.....

See you Monday when you are back from ETS and we can talk about what country you should buy me that steak dinner.....Whiting mentioned Brazil is good, or should I stay in USA but try New York (the state) for New York Strip....LOL

It was fun playing toy car with you and everyone, I enjoy the PIT TIME alot more then my track time. Running the same laps over and over for 10 and 60 minutes just get over rated...I rather talk smack to you and MARK, that really made my day. Beside I have Bill Sydor as my car mechanic, I just be like Michael Schumacher and go to the driver stand and drive...how hard would that be.

2015, you need to bring your 2013 game back.....meanwhile, I still have 362 days left to trash talk about you, 2nd place Wang....LOL
Howard, you talked alot of smack over the weekend but you backed it up with your awesome driving on the track!!!

Rick, well what can I say.........Open up your wallet and there is always next year!!! LOL! Oh, make sure the servos don't fail on you again...LOL!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1
Howard, you talked alot of smack over the weekend but you backed it up with your awesome driving on the track!!!

Rick, well what can I say.........Open up your wallet and there is always next year!!! LOL! Oh, make sure the servos don't fail on you again...LOL!
I talk the talk and walk the walk.....

BTW...I know you were 45F/40R on qualifier, what was your tire setup on the main...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.