Serpent 960....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

On the issue of the White Rims on Mark Green's car at the pre-worlds, i believe they are just the new rim design by XCeed R/C.

Sorry if I'm wrong though!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:30 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

New rear end for the 960 in development.....

I've seen it on a teamdriver his car, during the last round in the Dutch nationals, it still is a bit custom made, but RedRC also posted it on there site.....
http://www.redrc.net/2007/05/serpent-960-new-rear-end/

Don't know, I think the body mount arms need some improvement to survive a crash.....
Old 05-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

I like the new rear uprights, adds an additional tuning option with the ability to change the upper pivot spacers i.e. an additional roll center adjustment..

Also, I didn't realize EFRA(?) isn't allowing body stiffners to be attached to bodies anymore.. I don't understand that move.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

When bodies are homologated (?) by EFRA, they are homologated without body stiffeners. So under the new rules it not allowed to use these stiffeners, because then your body is illegal....
Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H

I've seen it on a teamdriver his car, during the last round in the Dutch nationals, it still is a bit custom made, but RedRC also posted it on there site.....

Don't know, I think the body mount arms need some improvement to survive a crash.....
looks good can't wait for that to come out
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Another upgrade to the Serpent???? (((sigh))) I just upgraded my 960 to total 07 standards!! Now a totally new rear?? I want to keep my cars up to date, but this is a large upgrade. We all need to be on an active data base with Serpent so they can just send out the new upgrades!
Don't get me wrong, I love my 960 but isn't this the third upgrade in the past seven months?? (960 MF, 960 07, 960 new rear). The dumb thing about my post is that when the new rear kit comes out, I'll be in the order line for one also.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H

The more things change, the more they stay the same
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Another upgrade to the Serpent???? (((sigh))) I just upgraded my 960 to total 07 standards!! Now a totally new rear??
These parts are only prototypes in testing, no where near the final production parts, you'd be lucky to see it this side of summer and its really only 3 parts - Upright, upper wishbone & A-arm for bodymount.

The side stiffeners were banned by EFRA because with them, some bodies were being pushed outwards and therefore wider than allowed / homologated but when the car was squeezed into the measuring box at post race scrutiny they were pushed back in. So by banning them you remove that grey spot in the rules.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRC
The side stiffeners were banned by EFRA because with them, some bodies were being pushed outwards and therefore wider than allowed / homologated but when the car was squeezed into the measuring box at post race scrutiny they were pushed back in. So by banning them you remove that grey spot in the rules.
Only when racing EFRA will this rule be enforce correct? meaning IFMAR, ROAR, FEMCA will still allow the stiffeners correct me if I am wrong.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Another upgrade to the Serpent???? (((sigh))) I just upgraded my 960 to total 07 standards!! Now a totally new rear?? I want to keep my cars up to date, but this is a large upgrade. We all need to be on an active data base with Serpent so they can just send out the new upgrades!
Don't get me wrong, I love my 960 but isn't this the third upgrade in the past seven months?? (960 MF, 960 07, 960 new rear). The dumb thing about my post is that when the new rear kit comes out, I'll be in the order line for one also.
i will be right behind you
Old 05-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.

Has anyone tried the radio box from the Xray NT1 on the Serpent 960 ? From the pictures it looks like it would fit.

Link to pic: http://www.redrc.net/2007/05/xray-nt...f-beat-dankel/
Old 05-10-2007, 05:39 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Another upgrade to the Serpent????
Like RedRC said, this upgrade is still under development....

And then again, your S960 '07 version, is a complete up to date car, no need to upgrade this part also.....

Some people don't like Serpent comming with upgrades every now and then, but atleast it gives me the feeling they are busy further developing the car......

Also, you don't HAVE to buy the upgrades......
Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

I think there may have been a misunderstanding about my comment. I do admire Serpent for their continuous development of their cars. God knows I enjoy almost every product that they make. I still have four of their cars and race them all. My point is that new upgrades are not a bad thing, but Serpent since they are so proactive in racing comes out with upgrades to just upgraded kits! I know it's my choice to purchase these upgrades and I always do! My S960 is one of the first ones in the country at the time. My S720 was also part of the first batches in the country. I find it interesting that as soon as I upgrade my kits, a "New" upgrade comes out. Sometimes the new upgrade encompasses the newest upgrade I just installed. I know when you are at the top of the game, you must try harder to keep the competition behind.
I'm gonna feed my Serpent this weekend..I'm gone racing! w/ my as of 5/10/07 ugraded S720! Gonna feed um some Mugens!!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Suspended

i still run my 950 with the KHM NOVAMEGA engine...
Old 05-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a Novamega Evo5 KHM for my 960 and its a great engine so no problem with that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.