Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi robbie!

just want to ask on how do you decide on your ride height. Lets say the track is smooth and the traction is low to medium. I have downloaded several mugen drivers set up and they have 1 mm difference between the front and the rear.Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

If the track is smooth I run the car as low as I can because of stability. If the track is bumpy I run the car high just enough that it doesn't hit the bumps. The reason why I run the front lower than the rear is for weight transfer and stability in steering, the back of the car swats on acceleration so I like to run rake in the car to even things out, also the rear tires wear more than the front so this helps keep the car even from front to rear.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey robbie thanks for all the tips. i am currently running the rear C blocks and have a low traction track. i probably need to spend more time on my camber and toe settings to find my traction huh? i run the b ackerman, the swaybar at 0 deg or flat, (is that to soft. i am going to stiffen up my rear sway bar next race, it is the 2.5 and i had it all the way at the ends, the softest setting.

throught the infield i was able to put up with the push but at the end of the straight i have a terrible time trying to make that turn, i always end up in the boards? the pro guys are almost full steam when they hit the turn and are able to maintain speed, i loose alot of time and speed in the turns if i try to carry my speed too long.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ratio

can anyone explain what the gear ratio is and what it does? i know a little about gearing but the ratio is a mystery?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by gentleman81
hey robbie thanks for all the tips. i am currently running the rear C blocks and have a low traction track. i probably need to spend more time on my camber and toe settings to find my traction huh? i run the b ackerman, the swaybar at 0 deg or flat, (is that to soft. i am going to stiffen up my rear sway bar next race, it is the 2.5 and i had it all the way at the ends, the softest setting.

throught the infield i was able to put up with the push but at the end of the straight i have a terrible time trying to make that turn, i always end up in the boards? the pro guys are almost full steam when they hit the turn and are able to maintain speed, i loose alot of time and speed in the turns if i try to carry my speed too long.
Boddies are verry important to, I think if you run the proper body it will help with your set up.
Boddies to try:
Losi Alfa
Portoform Mazda 6
Portoform Dodge Stratus
Kawahara Honda
Old 04-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: ratio

Originally posted by gentleman81
can anyone explain what the gear ratio is and what it does? i know a little about gearing but the ratio is a mystery?
check this LINK

you will find useful info about gearing and more on that site.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

where could i get a kawahara honda from? any pics?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Robbie,

I am new, just a quick question, I am wondering if you guys (Pro Driver) using brake? Coz I heard just some they don't use brake, what is the truth?

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
If the track is smooth I run the car as low as I can because of stability. If the track is bumpy I run the car high just enough that it doesn't hit the bumps. The reason why I run the front lower than the rear is for weight transfer and stability in steering, the back of the car swats on acceleration so I like to run rake in the car to even things out, also the rear tires wear more than the front so this helps keep the car even from front to rear.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Aaron_ETF
Robbie,

I am new, just a quick question, I am wondering if you guys (Pro Driver) using brake? Coz I heard just some they don't use brake, what is the truth?
I dunno about the rest, but i use the brakes quite often..
to scrub off speed entering a corner... otherwise rolling into a corner in tat high speed may sometimes prove disaterous!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

When using a one-way front diff, you can't use very much brake as it causes the car to spin out. If you use a spool or a diff you can use the brakes. Most of the pros run a one-way and therefore have very little brakes.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
When using a one-way front diff, you can't use very much brake as it causes the car to spin out. If you use a spool or a diff you can use the brakes. Most of the pros run a one-way and therefore have very little brakes.
I agree with you...... it's personal driving style, some drivers brake very late before entering corner ( just like the real thing ) and some don't use brake at all but of course off throttle early.

Front ball diff setup gets you more stability or more confidence feeling during slow and medium cornering.

What it takes to build front ball diff ?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Asw7576,

Do a search, someone had listed all the part #'s needed to build the front diff a couple of pages back.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Asw7576,

Check page 492 of this thread, the info your looking for is there.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aaron_ETF
Robbie,

I would think they use brakes. I don't see how you can be fast without braking.

As for oneways, you need to set the brakes so the car won't lock up.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JustRace
I would think they use brakes. I don't see how you can be fast without braking.

As for oneways, you need to set the brakes so the car won't lock up.
none of the fast guys here use brakes unless its really necessary. does require a more smoother driving style though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.