Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default one more pic

one more pic
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-57.jpg  
Old 07-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Gandini Racing Products

Originally posted by Ed Delgado
It's funny that you say that, because both Fast and Ellegi brands are produced by GRP (Gandini Racing Products). It's the same rubber, it's only the wheels that are different.

I myself prefer the Mugen design wheels (as used on the Fast brand) over the dish-type or multi-spoke wheels used by GRP on the Ellegi brand. It's a stronger and lighter wheel. You can find good deals on GRP tires in Asia at www.rcmart.com and www.rcmushroom.com.
I know they're all from GRP... It feels strange but that what applied to me... Ellegi gave me lost of traction rolling... Fast tyres dish-wheels gave me lots of flex, Fast spoked wheels are very nice... The power wheels seem to be very nice also... I doubt the rubber is the same.... must be some difference in compound.

What I wanted to knoe is if anybody knows a place where I can get the Kawahara Zac tires apart from the MugenUsa website and the 'the Border' one...
Old 07-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Startup Questions...

I just bought a pro spec and have a couple of starup questions.

1) What starter box/battery combo is best for racing

2) I bought the mugen hoping to not have to tweak it all the time, what would be some neccessary setup tools? Is the hudy board a simple tuning tool? What would I need?

What extra parts should I buy for spares? I assume since i bought the pro spec kit I will not need any hop ups.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Startup Questions...

Originally posted by e420x

2) I bought the mugen hoping to not have to tweak it all the time, what would be some neccessary setup tools? Is the hudy board a simple tuning tool? What would I need?

What extra parts should I buy for spares? I assume since i bought the pro spec kit I will not need any hop ups.

Thanks

1> Mugen BTII is a nice box. you will need (2) 6cell stick packs.

2> Prospec, you need no upgrades. All necessities are there. Anything more would be eye candy.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Ed...that's sharp looking. It would be neat to see a heat of "scale" looking cars like yours racing.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Wire detail....

Originally posted by Ed Delgado
On my othe car, I did the same thing from the outside (shortening the servo wires). You can buy the any style servo connector unassembled (JR/Sanwa/Fut/KO Propo, etc.) and just trim the wire to length, add the pins to the ends of the wire and then insert the pins into the plug body. I did it this way because I thought it was easier than opening the servo case and having to unsolder/solder on the circuitry board-YIKES!
Ed, if i already have the servos is there a kit to be able to shorten the wires? or do i need to buy new servos?
Old 07-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

are there any parts that are interchangable between mtx2 and 3? diff? one way? shocks?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default GT Bodies

Originally posted by dpdiehl
Ed...that's sharp looking. It would be neat to see a heat of "scale" looking cars like yours racing.
Yeah that would be cool wouldn't it? I've been e-mailing body companies about making more GT racing car bodies ( Like the Ferrari 550 and 575 Maranellos) and haven't gotten any positive responses. The only company that has expressed and interest in GT bodies was PTI Racing. Maybe if more people let them know what they want, then maybe they'll do it.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-575-maranello-black-550-maranello-red.jpg  
Old 07-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Wire detail....

Originally posted by alucard13
Ed, if i already have the servos is there a kit to be able to shorten the wires? or do i need to buy new servos?
Yes Mike, we have the servo connectors in stock at the store. For about $5 you can do three or four servos.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default MTX2

Originally posted by brooklynrc
are there any parts that are interchangable between mtx2 and 3? diff? one way? shocks?
Maybe the shocks, but not much else, I don't think.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Startup Questions...

Originally posted by e420x

Thanks
1) Mugen's box is one of the best. You'll need two 7.2V battery packs for it.

2) For proper chassis set-up you'll need a HUDY Set-Up Board, Hudy Droop blocks and a camber gauge. Check out this link to see how to properly set up your chassis settings:

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?sn=7&pid=7002

The numbers for the settings might be a little different, but the proccess is the correct way to set-up a car. By the way, contrary to the article, you should disconnect the shocks before checking the droop settings.

You should also buy Mugen's clutch nut tool, to make setting your clutch's spring tension alot easier.

I would start with a set of steering blocks and an extra front and side belt as well as a second set of spur gears. As far other plastic parts like susp. arms and bulkheads, the more you have the better.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Which 4mm chassis is the lightest?
I want to make my MTX-3 the lightest MTX-3. I am gonna start with Chassis but if you have more suggestion, please let me know....
Old 07-31-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by brooklynrc
Shocks, one-way, diff gears, diff outdrives, dogbones, belt tensioner, rod ends/balls, pillow balls and retainers, rear belt, bearings, brake pads, brake disc, brake hub, brake cam, bumper, upper and lower bumper plates, body posts, hinge pins.

That's all I can think of now.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Shocks, one-way, diff gears, diff outdrives, dogbones, belt tensioner, rod ends/balls, pillow balls and retainers, rear belt, bearings, brake pads, brake disc, brake hub, brake cam, bumper, upper and lower bumper plates, body posts, hinge pins.

That's all I can think of now.
one way is a deff no as the one way bearings will be the wrong way round, brake disk was only one piece!
Old 07-31-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by dragoneuh
Which 4mm chassis is the lightest?
I want to make my MTX-3 the lightest MTX-3. I am gonna start with Chassis but if you have more suggestion, please let me know....
the optional 4 mm mugen chassis is the lightest i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.