Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nytrochaos
so the mtx-3 won??
Wasn't timed runs, just messing around. I would say both were pretty darn even. Came down to number of mistakes made. (some nice backflips with a half twist there dude!)
Old 12-17-2002, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: MTX-3 Video

Originally posted by Novarossi
For the sold out thousands in attendance, and the millions watching around the world, ladies and gentlemen.....

Presenting Manticore's MTX-3

http://members.optusnet.com.au/mtx3
That video is the BOMB your car looks hooked up,were is this track perfect for Nitro Sedans.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

I tought manti how to drive

i wish......
Old 12-17-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well its back on the Mugen wagon and it feels good. I got my car together and it is better than I expected. I have to wait a while to run it because of inclement weather but I'm looking forward to it. Now I need to get it as free as my old MTX is. I almost had the MTX2 as free rolling as a TC3 and reduced the rotating mass to almost nothing. I guess winter gives me plenty of time to shave parts and drill holes in things. One of the things you can do is work on the belts themselves. I made a grinder that shaves the back of the belt like the belts on a XRAY and it reduces the rolling friction alot but all the cord stays intact. If your carefull you can do it on a horizontal belt sander by pulling the belt across it and using your finger to carefully load it untill you just start to see yellow cords. Drilling the mainshafts can be done with carbide drill bits and will reduce the shaft weight alot but you need a lathe and have to go slow as the shaft is harder than Mobys you know what. If you kill as much of the rotating weight as possible you can gear up and the car will accelerate off the corners as hard as before and have more top end.

If you had not heard we will be supplying 10-12 engines to team Mugen Seiki UK this year and possibly some 21's but a very few.

We wish Lee Broadhurst and his team the best.
Dont bother calling him there probably won't be any spares available.

Last edited by Motorman; 12-17-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
Well its back on the Mugen wagon and it feels good. I got my car together and it is better than I expected. I have to wait a while to run it because of inclement weather but I'm looking forward to it. Now I need to get it as free as my old MTX is. I almost had the MTX2 as free rolling as a TC3 and reduced the rotating mass to almost nothing. I guess winter gives me plenty of time to shave parts and drill holes in things. One of the things you can do is work on the belts themselves. I made a grinder that shaves the back of the belt like the belts on a XRAY and it reduces the rolling friction alot but all the cord stays intact. If your carefull you can do it on a horizontal belt sander by pulling the belt across it and using your finger to carefully load it untill you just start to see yellow cords. Drilling the mainshafts can be done with carbide drill bits and will reduce the shaft weight alot but you need a lathe and have to go slow as the shaft is harder than Mobys you know what. If you kill as much of the rotating weight as possible you can gear up and the car will accelerate off the corners as hard as before and have more top end.

If you had not heard we will be supplying 10-12 engines to team Mugen Seiki UK this year and possibly some 21's but a very few.

Took me awhile to figure out, whats up Richie.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Rain man....
Old 12-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

hey motorman,

what are some other ways you plan to reduce rotating weight and rolling friction? Also - this car seems pretty light already, do you think you will get it to a point where you have to add ballast back to make ROAR weight?
Old 12-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

God damn phony!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

WWWWOOHHHOOOOOOOOOO see my sig!!! cheers motoman

WWWWOOHHHOOOOOOOOOO see my sig!!! cheers motorman
Old 12-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Where's Hashimoto?
We dont have any more hashimoto stuff available here. It seems it has stop to produce new products according to its homepage. last update on their new product was Sept.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: MTX-3 Video

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
That video is the BOMB your car looks hooked up,were is this track perfect for Nitro Sedans.
I have the stock setup with the car. It works great.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nytrochaos
I tought manti how to drive

i wish......

Old 12-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh...................i dont want people coming to me asking to learn my driving secrets!!!

lets try and keep this on the LD or the DL or whatever the hell it is
Old 12-17-2002, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Goodies

Originally posted by Manticore
goodies
is that brake bracelet and stiffener by Kawahara? looks very much alike the kawa's on my V-1-R...
Manti...did you drill another access hole on the clutch bell for ease of adjusting the spring tension nut?
Old 12-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Goodies

Originally posted by RClover
is that brake bracelet and stiffener by Kawahara? looks very much alike the kawa's on my V-1-R...
Manti...did you drill another access hole on the clutch bell for ease of adjusting the spring tension nut?
the stiffener is from a new brand "osaka"

osaka and kawahara oem the product from the same maker

I didnt drill any hole to the bell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.