Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can someone help me get the mtx-3 over drive excel chart from the 3hobby.com website. I can not seem to download the file.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by David Joor
What pipe is Robbie running in that article in Xtreme? It has a square pressure nipple on it and the header appears to be slightly shorter than my Turbo II. I need a new pipe and not sure what to get. Is it the Novarossi 2601? If you know what it is, maybe you possibly know where to get it online?

Also on the car, does the Kawahara rear swaybar require a different rear top plate, I have a adjustable rear sway by some other manfacturer and it requires some top plate with stand off's, does mugen make a plastic top plate like that because I am not going to put aluminum up there.
Kawahara's set into the top bracket where the stock rollbar went through and is e clipped in.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Oooops . . . next time I should take to the screwdriver before I take to the keyboard.
Tsk Tsk Tsk !

I take it the car didn't come with a manual?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys...

I seem to be stuck with a problem in concepts more than with practical things... How do you guys set your spring preloads?

I set them as there is no gap between the springs and the collar, so when I lift the car the springs are a little bit compressed(very little) by the collar... I used to have a very confident car but now I have traction rolling roblems...

I was seeing the Serpent Setup Book and they say you should use the spring collars just to set the downstops, no matter if there is a gap between the spring and the collar...

HOw you guys do?

Thanks in advance and please take your time to help desperate driver...

PS: It happened to me this weekend... I had problems in all 3 quals. so I won the B-main(Roar system) and then I was second in the A-main and flipped over in a fast sweeper...
Old 06-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Use springs to set ride height and that is all. Droop should be 1 in the front 5 in the rear, than set ride height to 4mm front and 4.5mm rear if the track is smooth. If track is bumpy than go up a mm all around, but you will have more chance of traction rolling.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Bandeira
Hi guys...

I set them as there is no gap between the springs and the collar, so when I lift the car the springs are a little bit compressed(very little) by the collar... I used to have a very confident car but now I have traction rolling roblems...

I was seeing the Serpent Setup Book and they say you should use the spring collars just to set the downstops, no matter if there is a gap between the spring and the collar...

HOw you guys do?
Bandeira,
out of curiosity, what was the ride height when you were racing this past weekend?
Old 06-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

The problem with that method is that with different tire sizes your ride height will always be different. You should be reseting your ride height every run with your springs. Personally if I know there is a side that is wearing more, than I set ride height from the other side and than caliper the distance from the spring cup to the top of the bottom of the shock cap and replicate it on the other side. Otherwise your car will drive tweaked if you try to match ride heights with uneven tires, the chassis will be flat on the table but the car will be off right to left on the track.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by vadn1
Bandeira,
out of curiosity, what was the ride height when you were racing this past weekend?
The track here is quite bumpy so I was 6.5~7mm all around...
Old 06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

My big doubt is if I should just set the spring collar pressing the springs a little bit and adjust the ride-height by the downstops or just adjust ride height by the springs with gap between the springs and the collar...
Old 06-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

collar = ride hieght
downstop = droop
Old 06-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Never adjust ride height with the down stops, your asking for trouble and inconsistant settings.

The bad thing about having such a bumpy track is that you can't run a smaller tire and the droop settings are putting you at max settings for ride height, so your stuck. Can you run lower ride height without scrapping? You can always get a sharpie and mark the edges on your chassis to find out if you are scraping while you see how low you can go. You can also go up in shore on your tires so they won't grip as much.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

You should be reseting your ride height every run with your springs.
Here's a question. Does droop have to be adjusted as well? Since the tires are wearing, when you raise your height you're then reducing the droop no? At least relative to the original tire size. Let me try to explain. say with 65mm tires you have 1mm front droop. when you lift the front end, the arms drop X mm until they reach the stop. Now when your tires wear down to 63 and you raise your height with the springs, you're essentially reducing the droop. Since now, when you lift your car, the arms will travel X - 2 MM because you raised your height. down less, relative to your height setting, compared to the ordiginal setting. Did that make any sense?? Let me know if you don't understand. It's a question no one has been to answer for me locally.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yes, I adjust the droop setting with the tire/ride height.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Typically I don't adjust the droop once it is set. I have found that the car generally feels the same with default droop and making sure the ride height is the same each time out. I start my tires at 61 and 63 and run them down to 56.5 and do a new set.

I am trying to picture what is happening with regards to droop, gonna go do an uptravel test right now with different size tires to test this out, because honestly I can't tell if it effects it or not. BBL.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Bandeira
My big doubt is if I should just set the spring collar pressing the springs a little bit and adjust the ride-height by the downstops or just adjust ride height by the springs with gap between the springs and the collar...

What rear block are you using and shock weight oil....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.