Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 08:25 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I've tested the GQs but found Zac or Active rubber better.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey fellas, I just ordered my MTX-3 this week. Does anyone have any building tips or knowledge of what to get for back up parts/ hop ups for this car? Does it work well right out of the box? If not whats the good set up.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:40 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by TOEBSTER2
Hey fellas, I just ordered my MTX-3 this week. Does anyone have any building tips or knowledge of what to get for back up parts/ hop ups for this car? Does it work well right out of the box? If not whats the good set up.

It works EXCELLENT out of the box.

An building tip would be to sand the brake pads down. Many people have not sanded down enough, so they get drag brake 24/7.

Just my $0.02
Old 05-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Alas, Zac has much softer rim and will be out of shape sooner than others. The Rear 30mm is ok, but the Front ones.

Originally posted by rjl
I've tested the GQs but found Zac or Active rubber better.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Shooter Roll Bar

Originally posted by Ah10
This is the best handle bar and mid block in the market! the handle bar go through the upperdeck and secure in the mid block so it will not damage the upperdeck as 3 racing one does!

whewww I got one!

If anything gets damaged, it would be the roll bar itself. Those can be replaced rather cheaply. They even sell them seperately.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

rjl, I have tried those GQ tyres at Brendale track and found that they don't where are fast as Fast tyres, but they're not as grippy as Fast. But I have not hried the Zac or Active tires yet as no one in QLD has them that I know of.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
rjl, I have tried those GQ tyres at Brendale track and found that they don't where are fast as Fast tyres, but they're not as grippy as Fast. But I have not hried the Zac or Active tires yet as no one in QLD has them that I know of.
ay finchy joe patane the rb dealer in nsw sells, or at least as far as i know, used to sell the active tires. they are very good. give him a call and ask him if he still has them. only prob is on the mtx3 they don't fit very well. they are 3 mm offset and require you to tighten the pivot balls in really far.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:50 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Alas, Zac has much softer rim and will be out of shape sooner than others. The Rear 30mm is ok, but the Front ones.
I've been using the new zb rims from Kawahara, much stiffer rim with the same offset as fast.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by B
It works EXCELLENT out of the box.

An building tip would be to sand the brake pads down. Many people have not sanded down enough, so they get drag brake 24/7.

Just my $0.02
if they drag will they wear of enough to get them selves free or will they just drag?
Old 05-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by finchy
you should try monotuning tires!!excellent grip and wear!! I compared them to elligi,GQ,Fast tires, ATS,Take off and the monotuning had better wear and overall grip, I was able to push the car further than i would with other tires , "sbmon" who has a mugen and is in this forum a few times has ran these tires also.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are the monotuning tires available online anywhere?
Old 05-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by gentleman81
if they drag will they wear of enough to get them selves free or will they just drag?
if you don't send the pads down at all the clutch will be toasted before the pads
there's hardly any wear sign shows on the pads on my car
Old 05-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Weight

Originally posted by Ah10
Kawahara one is very very nice and well made, if you can get a hold of shooter one try that, I think that is the best in the market since the roll bar goes directly to the mid support instead of the radio plate.
Heh heh! I have one of those on my car.

Its very nice indeed.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TOEBSTER2

Right on! I just got an MTX-3 as well and I love it! I have a couple of Kawahara parts and next on my list is the front universals.
Question
How much adjustment needs to be made on the belt tensioner? The manual just says to adjust the belt tension....but how much? I just adjusted mine to where it's just barely missing the exhaust header. Is that it? Thanks
Old 05-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by darkangel
Varuth, those parts do look yummy. But I don't want to empty my "I want a nice new fast car" fund (aka bank account) to get all those tools.

I also like to know more about 3racing hopups. I almost got that handle but it was out of stock so I got the Kawahara instead.

Mugen a beginner's car??? Not the last time I checked. The Mtx-3 is still winning big races. That's pretty good for a two year old car.

Whatever you do, try to stay away from 3Racing. That's all I can say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.