Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

710 For the expert? hehehe Spending timessssssssss on replacing broken parts? Plus making tons of phone calls to hobby store to find if they have snake's partssssssssssssss available in stock??????

serpent parts availablilty is not really an issue, I just want a car that can finish a rough competitive race without breaking so easily, specially at my home track.. not to mention serpent prices
Old 05-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hudy Wow

Yummy
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-chicago2003_hudy_tools.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Profoxcg
serpent parts availablilty is not really an issue, I just want a car that can finish a rough competitive race without breaking so easily, specially at my home track.. not to mention serpent prices

I heard Serpent parts are made in China..
Old 05-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Weight

Originally posted by rjl
How heavy is your body, I think you might be using too much paint, it is heavy.
The 3r stuff is a bit sus, the blade rear sway bar wears quickly, the side brace with belt tensioner breaks, if you want candy get Kawahara or Mugen. You need reliability.
What do you mean that the rear adjustable sway bar wear quickly? How is this wear in swaybar?

cheers...
Old 05-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

so can anyone please answer my questions about the car?
Old 05-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Varuth, those parts do look yummy. But I don't want to empty my "I want a nice new fast car" fund (aka bank account) to get all those tools.

I also like to know more about 3racing hopups. I almost got that handle but it was out of stock so I got the Kawahara instead.

Mugen a beginner's car??? Not the last time I checked. The Mtx-3 is still winning big races. That's pretty good for a two year old car.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Weight

Originally posted by eddiethefish
yeah, then damage the chassis, instead of the upperdeck?

Never had a problem. Although I do see alot of people with broken upper decks and no roll bars.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Shooter Roll Bar

Originally posted by eddiethefish
User your imagination.

This is the best handle bar and mid block in the market! the handle bar go through the upperdeck and secure in the mid block so it will not damage the upperdeck as 3 racing one does!

whewww I got one!
Old 05-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Weight

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yes, my experience exactly. I now use the Kawahara one.
Kawahara one is very very nice and well made, if you can get a hold of shooter one try that, I think that is the best in the market since the roll bar goes directly to the mid support instead of the radio plate.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default prospec

Profoxcg,

I will be getting my first Mugen next week (Prospec of course
), but I will answer what I know.

The Mtx3 comes with a front one-way with the outside parts for a front diff (you gotta get the gears). The car is very easy to set-up for any experienced racer (one that has set-up a car before) from what I have seen. That is part of the reason I'm getting a Mugen as opposed to the 710. I don't know how fast you can change the rear roll center, but it is changed by changing the lower arm mounts and adding/subtracting spacers at the camber link.

I do not believe there is any optional pulleys to change internal drive ratio, although there is a way to get better front to rear tire wear by switching a few pulleys. I'm not sure which bearings come with it. Optional parts and aftermarket parts are pretty easy to get (some companies easier than others). Kawahara parts you can get from www.ace-hobbies.com as well as the several other aftermarket companies. You can get mugen parts there as well.

That is what I know. Mugen USA just started shipping out the Pro-spec yesturday, so be on the look-out for it. I can't wait for mine.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Thanks for you answer

That is what I know. Mugen USA just started shipping out the Pro-spec yesturday, so be on the look-out for it. I can't wait for mine
I work for a the largest hobbie store in south fla, hehe
Old 05-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

No problem.

Wish I still lived in Daytona, so that I could be racing year around. But then again, I might not have chosen RC as a hobby if I had stayed.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:32 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone over there in the U.S. tried the Kawahara tyres, or any of the Japanese foams? They won the Winternats but I rarely hear of them from club racers. I have been using Japanese rubber for a few years and prefer it to the others, anyone else?
Old 05-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Turnbuckle

Originally posted by kreidel
Also for people wanting to hopup their car you should use the Lunsford 1" titanium turnbuckle rod for the rear uprights as they are alittle longer than the 22mm's that are supplied. The stock rod doesnt thread far into the ball ends and sometimes bend. Not that this is a problem as it's only purpose is for camber adjustment but just thougth I would mention if someone was planning in replacing theirs.
The tip someone gave me is to use the steering ball ends, shave a little off and thread them in almost all the way in, leaving enough room for adjustment. Works great!!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jap rubber

Originally posted by rjl
Has anyone over there in the U.S. tried the Kawahara tyres, or any of the Japanese foams? They won the Winternats but I rarely hear of them from club racers. I have been using Japanese rubber for a few years and prefer it to the others, anyone else?

G.Q Tires are Jap. rubber, they are nice tires for a great $$$
[email protected] is where I get mine from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.