Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by B
Hehehe, We all know Im not the punk on this thread
you're right ! but EVO is the Punk #1 here !
Old 01-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
you're right ! but EVO is the Punk #1 here !
Speaking behind my back again punk !

Seeing as Data is getting a 710 later,maybe you should join him to break the domination?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Speaking behind my back again punk !

Seeing as Data is getting a 710 later,maybe you should join him to break the domination?

domination = one iDiot show ?
Old 01-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by highwayman
Hi... just got a new MTX3 kit... and i have been reading some of the newest pages of this thread, and i'd just like to ask a couple of things:

1. what are the differences in the spring rates (1.7, 1.8 etc)

2. ever expereinced the front diff touching or rubbing against the steering linkage?

3. are CVD's necessary? or will the dog bones do? how do i properly space the dogbones so that they won't fall out?

4. any tips on measuring track width, so that i adjust the left and right pivot balls equally?

5. any necessary hop-ups?

thanks in advance... BTW, i have been running an NTC3 for about a year now, and one of the things that attracted me to the MTX was the diffs...

- jason
Hi Jason,
Good choice with this one. I have only one performance hop up
on mine that i think is a must have (16T/19T) side belt gearing. It really improves the handling as well as the rear tire wear issue. You have to run a 4mm split as i was told on the front/Rear tires but they wear evenly and once you get used to it 1 or 2 tanks the kit really sticks at higher speeds through the turns. I've snapped one front dogbone after running over a slow and have been told the front CVD's are a good investment but still running bones with fuel line slivers on each end. I broke my engine in on a nice paved lot and ate up the stock front and rear belts but replaced them with mugen replacements and they have little of no wear showing after 1/2 gallon. The only other thing maybe the Handle as I had to dremmel it a bit to free up throttle clearance. I picked up a nice used NTC3 kit cheap since I bought my MTX and have a hard time controlling it as well as breaking the cheap plastic parts in it and bending 2 cvd's.... If you are good with the NTC you should really appreciate this kit.My Kit is Stock with the belt conv I'm running a Mod STS D3 One piece THS pipe ,MX3 Radio ,Hitec 625str/605t/b Servos and Fast tires 42F/40R Stock on the setup sheet. Good bunch of people here when they aren't whacking Penguins....
Old 01-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
count me out please, not ready for another religion yet. but it is kind of fun to see self appointed spin Doctor doing damage control.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fisher890

I have only one performance hop up on mine that i think is a must have (16T/19T) side belt gearing. It really improves the handling as well as the rear tire wear issue. You have to run a 4mm split as i was told on the front/Rear tires
Thanks ... the penguin game must be very addicting...

left my kit and manual in the shop, and i can't remember, but isn't this the (16T/19T) the stock pulleys? if so, should i change to the aluminum ones?

With these pulleys (16/19) will the car have an overdrive or underdrive?

i just shaved some material off the steering linkage links and de-burred the diff casing so that there is now some clearance.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks ... the penguin game must be very addicting...

left my kit and manual in the shop, and i can't remember, but isn't this the (16T/19T) the stock pulleys? if so, should i change to the aluminum ones?

With these pulleys (16/19) will the car have an overdrive or underdrive?

i just shaved some material off the steering linkage links and de-burred the diff casing so that there is now some clearance.
the 16/19T pulley conversion is referring to the side pulley with the long belt. stock pulley there is front:24T and rear 19T

what you need to do the conversion is get an extra 16T pulley, put the rear 19T to the front and affix the extra 16T to the rear. and at last you need a shorter side belt. kawahara carries the shorter long belt for this conversion and there is someone on this forum selling the shorter long belt.

i tried the alloy pulley and i dont like them as they wear too fast. stick with the plastic pulleys.

with the 16/19 conversion, you may use smaller tire in the front which is the purpose of the 16/19 pulley conversion.

why you need to shaved your steering linkage and deburred the diff case?
Old 01-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
the 16/19T pulley conversion is referring to the side pulley with the long belt. stock pulley there is front:24T and rear 19T

what you need to do the conversion is get an extra 16T pulley, put the rear 19T to the front and affix the extra 16T to the rear. and at last you need a shorter side belt. kawahara carries the shorter long belt for this conversion and there is someone on this forum selling the shorter long belt.

i tried the alloy pulley and i dont like them as they wear too fast. stick with the plastic pulleys.

with the 16/19 conversion, you may use smaller tire in the front which is the purpose of the 16/19 pulley conversion.

why you need to shaved your steering linkage and deburred the diff case?

Thanks... so the 16/19 conversion is an overdrive? that's why we can use smaller tires in front?

with the stock pulleys, is this neutral, meaning the front and rear tires spin at the same time?

i'll stick with the plastic pulleys...

The ball cup that is in front of the diff case touches and i can't seem to find anything wrong with my assembly...
Old 01-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks... so the 16/19 conversion is an overdrive? that's why we can use smaller tires in front?

with the stock pulleys, is this neutral, meaning the front and rear tires spin at the same time?

i'll stick with the plastic pulleys...

The ball cup that is in front of the diff case touches and i can't seem to find anything wrong with my assembly...
right, the stock pulley setting is 1:1 ratio.

i havent any chance to use a front diff. i thought you were talking about the rear diff !
Old 01-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

how about a front fix shaft? anyone tried?
Old 01-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fuse01
how about a front fix shaft? anyone tried?
if you mean a solid front diff yes i tried one but on rubber tyres!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

May i know how to make the front fix shaft?

thanks.. would like to run on rubber tires as well.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

i made a block to replace the gears in the front diff.
justrc sell some as do kawahara if you do not want to make one!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

thansk for the infor.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

this is the kawahara parts to turn your diff into solid axle.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00415.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.