R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2004, 06:32 PM   #9901
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B
Hehehe, We all know Im not the punk on this thread
you're right ! but EVO is the Punk #1 here !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:05 PM   #9902
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
you're right ! but EVO is the Punk #1 here !
Speaking behind my back again punk !

Seeing as Data is getting a 710 later,maybe you should join him to break the domination?
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:08 PM   #9903
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Speaking behind my back again punk !

Seeing as Data is getting a 710 later,maybe you should join him to break the domination?


domination = one iDiot show ?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:52 AM   #9904
Tech Regular
 
Fisher890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Redondo Beach Calif
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
Hi... just got a new MTX3 kit... and i have been reading some of the newest pages of this thread, and i'd just like to ask a couple of things:

1. what are the differences in the spring rates (1.7, 1.8 etc)

2. ever expereinced the front diff touching or rubbing against the steering linkage?

3. are CVD's necessary? or will the dog bones do? how do i properly space the dogbones so that they won't fall out?

4. any tips on measuring track width, so that i adjust the left and right pivot balls equally?

5. any necessary hop-ups?


thanks in advance... BTW, i have been running an NTC3 for about a year now, and one of the things that attracted me to the MTX was the diffs...

- jason
Hi Jason,
Good choice with this one. I have only one performance hop up
on mine that i think is a must have (16T/19T) side belt gearing. It really improves the handling as well as the rear tire wear issue. You have to run a 4mm split as i was told on the front/Rear tires but they wear evenly and once you get used to it 1 or 2 tanks the kit really sticks at higher speeds through the turns. I've snapped one front dogbone after running over a slow and have been told the front CVD's are a good investment but still running bones with fuel line slivers on each end. I broke my engine in on a nice paved lot and ate up the stock front and rear belts but replaced them with mugen replacements and they have little of no wear showing after 1/2 gallon. The only other thing maybe the Handle as I had to dremmel it a bit to free up throttle clearance. I picked up a nice used NTC3 kit cheap since I bought my MTX and have a hard time controlling it as well as breaking the cheap plastic parts in it and bending 2 cvd's.... If you are good with the NTC you should really appreciate this kit.My Kit is Stock with the belt conv I'm running a Mod STS D3 One piece THS pipe ,MX3 Radio ,Hitec 625str/605t/b Servos and Fast tires 42F/40R Stock on the setup sheet. Good bunch of people here when they aren't whacking Penguins....
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:53 AM   #9905
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Seeing as Data is getting a 710 later,maybe you should join him to break the domination?
count me out please, not ready for another religion yet. but it is kind of fun to see self appointed spin Doctor doing damage control.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:41 AM   #9906
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Fisher890

I have only one performance hop up on mine that i think is a must have (16T/19T) side belt gearing. It really improves the handling as well as the rear tire wear issue. You have to run a 4mm split as i was told on the front/Rear tires
Thanks ... the penguin game must be very addicting...

left my kit and manual in the shop, and i can't remember, but isn't this the (16T/19T) the stock pulleys? if so, should i change to the aluminum ones?

With these pulleys (16/19) will the car have an overdrive or underdrive?

i just shaved some material off the steering linkage links and de-burred the diff casing so that there is now some clearance.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #9907
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
Thanks ... the penguin game must be very addicting...

left my kit and manual in the shop, and i can't remember, but isn't this the (16T/19T) the stock pulleys? if so, should i change to the aluminum ones?

With these pulleys (16/19) will the car have an overdrive or underdrive?

i just shaved some material off the steering linkage links and de-burred the diff casing so that there is now some clearance.
the 16/19T pulley conversion is referring to the side pulley with the long belt. stock pulley there is front:24T and rear 19T

what you need to do the conversion is get an extra 16T pulley, put the rear 19T to the front and affix the extra 16T to the rear. and at last you need a shorter side belt. kawahara carries the shorter long belt for this conversion and there is someone on this forum selling the shorter long belt.

i tried the alloy pulley and i dont like them as they wear too fast. stick with the plastic pulleys.

with the 16/19 conversion, you may use smaller tire in the front which is the purpose of the 16/19 pulley conversion.

why you need to shaved your steering linkage and deburred the diff case?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #9908
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the 16/19T pulley conversion is referring to the side pulley with the long belt. stock pulley there is front:24T and rear 19T

what you need to do the conversion is get an extra 16T pulley, put the rear 19T to the front and affix the extra 16T to the rear. and at last you need a shorter side belt. kawahara carries the shorter long belt for this conversion and there is someone on this forum selling the shorter long belt.

i tried the alloy pulley and i dont like them as they wear too fast. stick with the plastic pulleys.

with the 16/19 conversion, you may use smaller tire in the front which is the purpose of the 16/19 pulley conversion.

why you need to shaved your steering linkage and deburred the diff case?

Thanks... so the 16/19 conversion is an overdrive? that's why we can use smaller tires in front?

with the stock pulleys, is this neutral, meaning the front and rear tires spin at the same time?

i'll stick with the plastic pulleys...

The ball cup that is in front of the diff case touches and i can't seem to find anything wrong with my assembly...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #9909
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
Thanks... so the 16/19 conversion is an overdrive? that's why we can use smaller tires in front?

with the stock pulleys, is this neutral, meaning the front and rear tires spin at the same time?

i'll stick with the plastic pulleys...

The ball cup that is in front of the diff case touches and i can't seem to find anything wrong with my assembly...
right, the stock pulley setting is 1:1 ratio.

i havent any chance to use a front diff. i thought you were talking about the rear diff !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #9910
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: west
Posts: 958
Default

how about a front fix shaft? anyone tried?
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:58 AM   #9911
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fuse01
how about a front fix shaft? anyone tried?
if you mean a solid front diff yes i tried one but on rubber tyres!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:13 AM   #9912
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: west
Posts: 958
Default

May i know how to make the front fix shaft?

thanks.. would like to run on rubber tires as well.
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:23 AM   #9913
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

i made a block to replace the gears in the front diff.
justrc sell some as do kawahara if you do not want to make one!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:12 AM   #9914
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: west
Posts: 958
Default

thansk for the infor.
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #9915
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

this is the kawahara parts to turn your diff into solid axle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00415.jpg (59.8 KB, 148 views)
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:33 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net