Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Losi Alfa 156 body

any of you guys have a set-up for the MTX-3 when using this body ? Thx
Old 09-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Roger, I see you have upgrade the body. Excellent.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Losi Alfa 156 body

Originally posted by Roger
Set up for a body?

I mean come on, the Alfa has good steering, but you sure as hell don't have to change your set up for that.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Losi Alfa 156 body

Originally posted by Roger
Usually you change the body to adapt the car to the track. Most common bodies are:

- Stratus (Old).
- Stratus 2.1

Other people swear for Vauxhall Vecra and Honda Acord.

Alfa 156 has too much steering for the personal tastes of the people, so isn't much usually used. Good luck using it, better to be on a very twisty track.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

I'm trying to put together a set of hex drivers for the Mtx-3. Anyone here know or can list all the hex screw sizes off the top of your head?? Hehe..thx.

Gary
Old 09-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by loosenut
Hey guys,

I'm trying to put together a set of hex drivers for the Mtx-3. Anyone here know or can list all the hex screw sizes off the top of your head?? Hehe..thx.

Gary
1.5mm, 2mm and 2.5mm for all the basic hex screws.

5mm for the upright big hex nut
Old 09-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Losi Alfa 156 body

Originally posted by Corse-R
Usually you change the body to adapt the car to the track. Most common bodies are:

- Stratus (Old).
- Stratus 2.1

Other people swear for Vauxhall Vecra and Honda Acord.

Alfa 156 has too much steering for the personal tastes of the people, so isn't much usually used. Good luck using it, better to be on a very twisty track.
Thx Corse-R for the info. I kinda figured that the body was used for a tight track.

Stefan: Just trying out something new. I know now that I don't have to change my set-up when using this or other bodies. Thx for input anyways.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi guys, i am using the mugen receiver pack, just wondering , a ball park figure how long does it last from fully charged ? i get only around 35-45 minutes of continuous run..is there any other manufactures that offer bettery at higher capacity ? i know RD logic makes a 800 one , anything higher then this ?
thanks
Old 09-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Tag
Tech Master

personally, i still like the good old stratus , alfa 156 is for small , technical tracks ..
Old 09-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Tag
hi guys, i am using the mugen receiver pack, just wondering , a ball park figure how long does it last from fully charged ? i get only around 35-45 minutes of continuous run..is there any other manufactures that offer bettery at higher capacity ? i know RD logic makes a 800 one , anything higher then this ?
thanks
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've contacted Mugen about this a few times. They ASSURE me they get over an hour of run time out of that pack. I don't see it, and neither do 2 of the guys I run with. I've yet to get the 730 Mugen pack to take more than 750ma, and typically it's dead in about 35- 40 min running.

I bought the 800ma RD Logics pack as a "backup", but found I can charge that pack to 1000ma. Which gives me over an hr of run time with my digital servos. So the RDL pack is now my primary pack, and I keep the 730 Mugen pack as a backup
Old 09-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Terksq,

I don't know why you always bring this up.

You ARE running TWO digital servos and it is known that they will drain more power than analog servos.

In my opinion there is not really a need for a digital throttle servo, but if you insist, you should just learn to live with the fact that you are draining more power than the current AAA batteries can supply. Most of the modern cars, including 235mm and 1/8th scale run the AAA batteries now.

I have never seen anybody run out of power with a dig. steering/analog throttle servo in up to 40 minute mains, the big boys even run 1 hour mains with them.

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider changing your throttle servo.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Tag
thanks
Tag,

it's very important that you use an adjustable peak charger for these packs and that you make sure they are really full before you go on the track.

One false peak can easily cost you ten minutes of run time.

My settings are 0.7 amps with 0.045 mV threshold.

In the beginning I charged mine with 1 amp and had problems as well.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by stefan
Terksq,

I don't know why you always bring this up.

You ARE running TWO digital servos and it is known that they will drain more power than analog servos.

In my opinion there is not really a need for a digital throttle servo, but if you insist, you should just learn to live with the fact that you are draining more power than the current AAA batteries can supply. Most of the modern cars, including 235mm and 1/8th scale run the AAA batteries now.

I have never seen anybody run out of power with a dig. steering/analog throttle servo in up to 40 minute mains, the big boys even run 1 hour mains with them.

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider changing your throttle servo.
LOL....It pisses me off!!!! That's why I keep bringing it up. I HAD actually considered going back to an analog throttle servo, even did some testing with 2. I only got about 5 minutes more run time using an analog throttle/ digital steering. There are ALSO 2 other guys here running the MTX-3 (both running analog throttle/ digital steering) with the 730 Mugen pack. They get about the same run time I do. I suppose we're all idiots?? Personally, I think it's the cells that Mugen uses. All I know is that if I could get the time out of the Mugen pack, I get from the RDL pack, I wouldn't have a bitch.

Besides, Tag asked the question. I simply gave my personal experience. I've learned to deal with the Mugen pack..it's BACKUP.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Tag
Tech Master

Hi thanks for the advice, i will give RD logic a try. I have a novak mellinium pro charger ,just wondering where can i get the connector to charge the receiver pack ? do yo guys make your self or you can actuall buy from the stores ?
thanks again,
Old 09-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

how much your charger can pump into the cells doesn't mean how much your cells are taking

and to connect the receiver pack to the charger you can either cut off a cable with the female receiver pack connector from another on off switch or from wall type charger, then put a deans plug or other plugs at the end so it can connect to the charger securely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.