Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default looking into getting a mtx-3

hey i was thinking about getting rid of my nitro tc3 and getting a mugen mtx-3 how many optional parts do i need to get after getting the kit and what are some good spare parts to stock up on. along with is this car pretty fast out the box and is it durrible. i am looking to get it for some professional level racing
Old 07-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The MTX-3 stock kit is pretty durable and it is raceable. The main thing that people have been buying is the front universals because they seem to pop out if you turn sharply. I've got a MTX-3 for sale with universals all around, upgraded to the aluminum center mid-block brace, and I have aluminum front sway bar. Email me if you're interested
Old 07-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Initiate

hey i just bilt my mtx-3 and the car is real tight when i turn the spur gear compared to other nitro cars will this cause the car to go slower
Old 07-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by pro3user
hey i just bilt my mtx-3 and the car is real tight when i turn the spur gear compared to other nitro cars will this cause the car to go slower
Mine was like that also when I finished building it. After one day of racing, the drive train was much more free rolling.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

kool i was wored
Old 07-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody can recommend me a good referance setup and tuning book or magazine available in market? Need one..Thanks
Old 07-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: looking into getting a mtx-3

Originally posted by tracklighter
hey i was thinking about getting rid of my nitro tc3 and getting a mugen mtx-3 how many optional parts do i need to get after getting the kit and what are some good spare parts to stock up on. along with is this car pretty fast out the box and is it durrible. i am looking to get it for some professional level racing
I love mine...unfortunately parts support is limited in my area. Actually it's non-existent.

I have stocked up on all suspension parts and belts. The only thing I have replaced so far is a rear belt. I did have the tendency to loose a front dogbone (but found on the track) when I hit the boards in a turn. I needed to replace my thrust bearing in the centax clutch (~$7.00 part) because I didn't lube it correctly the first time

I did install all of the Sato Seiki alum parts available ONLY because I wanted to NOT because it needed it.

If it wasn't for the parts support I'd be completely satisfied.

Because of my parts support dilemma I am casually selling it until someone actually makes a reasonable offer.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by esham
Anybody can recommend me a good referance setup and tuning book or magazine available in market? Need one..Thanks
XXXMain Setup Guide LINK

Try this one.

-Puma
Old 07-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

If your weighing your car on 2 scales,you need to weigh the rear, and even it out, the weigh the fronts, and even them out, then do the rear again.

When I first got my MTX3, I had been driving a NTC3, and I found that if I hit something the front upright would plop off, because of the shortage (around here anyway) of replacement uprights I just popped them back on...it's made me a better driver, being afraid to hit anything, and before today I had won 4 30 min A mains in a row, but the streak ended today, I finished 2nd. But no car has ever given me the record I've had the last few months... 4 wins in a row, and 5 wins in the last 8 races (with the rest being 2nd's)...
I LOVE my MTX3 ! ! !
Old 07-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Shark In-Line..cool!

Wow, check this out dudes!
Cool with adjustable coupler!
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-shark-2.jpg  
Old 07-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

nice
but i already have a shark pipe
i think no more gain i can get with this in-line in terms of performance wise
Old 07-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: New Shark In-Line..cool!

Originally posted by RClover
Wow, check this out dudes!
Cool with adjustable coupler!
Where did you get that 1 piece pipe ?
Darn i got an Outlaw Pipe... Verrrryy Powerfull !
Old 07-20-2003, 11:10 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by theRED5
..it's made me a better driver, being afraid to hit anything,
Agreed. I think i should always drive a car with cracked parts!
Old 07-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by theRED5
If your weighing your car on 2 scales,you need to weigh the rear, and even it out, the weigh the fronts, and even them out, then do the rear again.

When I first got my MTX3, I had been driving a NTC3, and I found that if I hit something the front upright would plop off, because of the shortage (around here anyway) of replacement uprights I just popped them back on...it's made me a better driver, being afraid to hit anything, and before today I had won 4 30 min A mains in a row, but the streak ended today, I finished 2nd. But no car has ever given me the record I've had the last few months... 4 wins in a row, and 5 wins in the last 8 races (with the rest being 2nd's)...
I LOVE my MTX3 ! ! !
Same case bro but i never wins anything .
Getting Away from NTC3 Is a hard choice btw but i just can't always spend money on pillowball/gearbox and upgrights rite ?
Old 07-21-2003, 12:05 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i haf a question...

has anyone tried using the front one way along with rubber tires? Does this setup run well? (compared to foams)

or does the rubber tires have to go with the front gear diff?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.