Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Cleaning!!

Originally posted by stefan
I know that I will get a lot of arguments about this, but here is how I have been cleaning my car after raceday for the last 2 1/2 years w/o any problems:

Take the top deck and the engine off and spray the whole car with Simple Green, let it soak for ten minutes, brush the bad spot with a paint brush and then HOSE the sucker down!!!

Simple Green is very easy on bearings and plastic parts.
I then blow the water off with a compressor.

Car looks like new....

Top deck and engine I do with denatured alcohol and compressed air.

The whole cleaning ordeal takes me 15 minutes.
avoid any fuild going into the bearing while cleaning. not because of rust. its because any fuild will carry dirt into the precised ball bearing, unless they are rubber sealed.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Manti, I am using rubber sealed bearings throughout the car.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Cleaning!!

Originally posted by stefan
Take the top deck and the engine off and spray the whole car with Simple Green, let it soak for ten minutes, brush the bad spot with a paint brush and then HOSE the sucker down!!!

Simple Green is very easy on bearings and plastic parts.
I then blow the water off with a compressor.

Car looks like new....

Top deck and engine I do with denatured alcohol and compressed air.
I do mine cleaning in two steps, one at the track, where I remove all the gross dirt with some methanol and compressed air, and other, in house, disassembling the car and inspecting all the moving parts, oiling the bearings and cleaning any residues with the Serpent cleaning putty.

Some at mine track use a mixture of 9/10 of Methanol and 1/10 of Diesel Fuel to clean the car (I appreciate mine cars and prefeer to disassemble for a quick revision). Diesel fuel lubes the parts and the methanol washes all the parts.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Need help

What is the good set-up tools? Hudy, Integy, Yokomo, or others. Please recommend.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

I have the Integy.

They basically all do the exact same thing, the Integy is just more robust and cheaper
Old 06-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea, integy ones are made of alu. while Hudys are made of perplex/ plastic which would get sratched easily..
Old 06-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RE: 2 speed not engaging.

I followed the supplimental document that was provided in my MTX-3 kit and I 've applied the required setting for my 2 speed tranny. It says to screw the adjusting allens all the way down and back them out 3 turns. Also, i've loosened these adjustment screws for my 2 speed to kick in early and its still not shifting. At one point, i've had them out for 4.5 turns and still not shifting. Any recomendations guys ? Thx for all the help.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Roger,

sounds to me like you are permanently in second gear.
The settings you describe probably make it shift so early that you can't even hear it.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

the shifting point is also depending on the engine power. my 2speed setting is 1 1/4 out and the engagement is still early.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:21 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

..anyone on here ever deal with Nitro House?

Speedtech didn't have my hinge pins, so i ordered from them on monday. Hoping to get them by friday... Am i screwed?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by TSR6
..anyone on here ever deal with Nitro House?

Speedtech didn't have my hinge pins, so i ordered from them on monday. Hoping to get them by friday... Am i screwed?
I have ordered from nitro house and their pretty good...just like any other good mail order companies...

You should have them by Fri if they had them in stock...
Old 06-17-2003, 09:58 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by kansasracer
I have ordered from nitro house and their pretty good...just like any other good mail order companies...

You should have them by Fri if they had them in stock...
Thats what I assumed... and hoped. I have never ordered from them before, so I was a little nervous.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Roger
RE: 2 speed not engaging.

I followed the supplimental document that was provided in my MTX-3 kit and I 've applied the required setting for my 2 speed tranny. It says to screw the adjusting allens all the way down and back them out 3 turns. Also, i've loosened these adjustment screws for my 2 speed to kick in early and its still not shifting. At one point, i've had them out for 4.5 turns and still not shifting. Any recomendations guys ? Thx for all the help.
wat abt the little ball thingy...says to leave a little gap betwn the 2 shoes...?
Old 06-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by vones
wat abt the little ball thingy...says to leave a little gap betwn the 2 shoes...?
Yep, playing with the screws that push the balls, leave some little gap between the shoe and the metallic center piece, about 0.1mm, try to leave the two pieces with the same gap between the bell and the shoes, if not, you can experience bad shiftings due to the partial engage of one shoe.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Corse-R
Yep, playing with the screws that push the balls, leave some little gap between the shoe and the metallic center piece, about 0.1mm, try to leave the two pieces with the same gap between the bell and the shoes, if not, you can experience bad shiftings due to the partial engage of one shoe.
i found that the 2 steel balls must be compressed equally in order to achieve accurate shifting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.