Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default What brand of FOAM tire are u using & offset?

Hi,

Which FOAM tire are you guys using??? Can i use other brand like JACO, Ellegi instead of MUGEN FAST TIRE? Because I heard that Mugen suggest using -2 degree offset which Only MUGEN Fast tire is -2 degree offset.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by serpentracer1
Ok guys I know yall are mugen owners.I'm looking to get back into racing only been out alittle while Ive have an original impulse and 2 impacts Ive been looking to get either a mugen or a 705,dont bash me but can I get some opinions on both and how ya like the new mugen
Uhm, pretty tough question, bc you're asking for an opinion of the car we drive, probably we drive it because we like their quality of the way it rides.... really tough to do an unbiased opinion.

I drove the Mugen because I got a previous Mugen car (MRX3) liked how handled and when they launched it seemed a mini-MRX3, bought it, assembled it and BINGO! like it.

About 4 months Serpent team talked with me about an sponsorship with their car, they pass me a car and I assembled it, run and tried to feel comfortable with it. Didn't liked it and I'll assure that ran the car for many many litres of fuel trying to find a suitable setup, feeling comfortable and making good laptimes.

Needed to return the car and say no to an Sponsorship because didn't found a suitable setup that matched mine... was about half second slower with a 705 car (tough). Car handling was fine (not stellar) and car needed to be driven very abruptly, very far from mine actual driving method. MTX3 is much more docile and very responsive to adjustments, stock setup works almost everywhere with little variations of the setup provided on the box. Spare parts are cheap and almost ready on every shop.

Nowadays I'm a privateer on what a car and parts for it is related, but I'm happy, not here for getting parts for a car that don't like it. Like mine actual car, but privateer, sponsored by mine Visa .

Seriously, 705 isn't a revolution, is an evolution from their Impulse, here many people are regreting of their 705 and Impulse Pro are very appreciated, others switched to the MTX3 and are happy too, will not regret of getting an MTX3, probably isn't the cheapest car, but is the most 'race ready' kit.

On other places, will tell you that the car needs a lot of hop-ups.... isn't real. UNIQUE required hop-up is the front CVD's, the rest falls into your personal likings or Eye-candy freakiness.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: What brand of FOAM tire are u using & offset?

Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Hi,

Which FOAM tire are you guys using??? Can i use other brand like JACO, Ellegi instead of MUGEN FAST TIRE? Because I heard that Mugen suggest using -2 degree offset which Only MUGEN Fast tire is -2 degree offset.
Use whatever you get cheap and you prefeer. You can yank the pillowballs and use 0 offset wheels (if you use CVD's). But I use Impulse type rims and feel real happy at 196 - 198mm wide, no need of those extra 2mm.

Tried a pair of times Jaco NitroShoes and the two times used the 2º offset rears, but blowed at very first tanks (glueing problem??? rim didn't had glue and foam exploded when running). Don't like it, prefeer mine trusty Enetti or anything GRP based foams (but prefeer first ones).
Old 06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for your reply.Ive got to decide on what I want im not sure,I wasnt impressed with the mtx2 when it was out never tried the impulse pro and my org.impulse handled great I just had to shave alot of weight off it.I still have the impulse with enough parts to build another.So thats why im stuck on which car to go with.Ive run impacts so setting the car up isnt to much of a big deal Just stuck on what to do.Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[
Seriously, 705 isn't a revolution, is an evolution from their Impulse, here many people are regreting of their 705 and Impulse Pro are very appreciated, others switched to the MTX3 and are happy too, will not regret of getting an MTX3, probably isn't the cheapest car, but is the most 'race ready' kit.

On other places, will tell you that the car needs a lot of hop-ups.... isn't real. UNIQUE required hop-up is the front CVD's, the rest falls into your personal likings or Eye-candy freakiness. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly!
Old 06-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: What brand of FOAM tire are u using & offset?

Thanks for your reply...
Do i need to use any SHIM for JACO or other 0 degree offset tire?
Because i still have 4 sets of JACO and FAST tire left from NTC3....

Thanks.

Originally posted by Corse-R
Use whatever you get cheap and you prefeer. You can yank the pillowballs and use 0 offset wheels (if you use CVD's). But I use Impulse type rims and feel real happy at 196 - 198mm wide, no need of those extra 2mm.

Tried a pair of times Jaco NitroShoes and the two times used the 2?offset rears, but blowed at very first tanks (glueing problem??? rim didn't had glue and foam exploded when running). Don't like it, prefeer mine trusty Enetti or anything GRP based foams (but prefeer first ones).
Old 06-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

...required hop-up is the front CVD's, the rest falls into your personal likings or Eye-candy freakiness.
urr... am I considered an "Eye-candy freakiness" per your definition?
Old 06-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
urr... am I considered an "Eye-candy freakiness" per your definition?
Hehehe..... don't take it as bad. Manti and your car are really envied by me just many others here.

Huh! how much susceptible is here the people....
Old 06-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation ouch!

For a brief moment, the car thought of the song, "I belive I can fly..." Until...

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/psimage.aspi?pid=8084&psid=2
Old 06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: ouch!

For a brief moment, the car thought of the song, "I belive I can fly..." Until...

At least the Personal Transponder was saved.

The ONLY dislikes I have about the mugen are the lack of CV's in the front. I tried to save some bucks and not order those from the get-go. I also don't have parts support here. I knew that I would need to have my own parts when I bought the car, and i planned on stocking up slowly over the summer ( SpeedTech order today was Stage 1, unfortunately, some of the parts have to go on the car ). I honestly don't think you need to stock too many parts for it though.

I have seen just about every TC3 that I run with break once or twice... some once or twice a race weekend. I'm not the greatest driver by any means, and I've only broken the mugen once, and it was a hell-uva hit too. I ended up ripping off the rear arm going through a corner in 2nd gear.

It was an on-power hit, and ill post a picture of the damage it did to the wheel. just give me a minute.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:35 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

twisted and warped the wheel.. pictures dont give justice
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-fubarwheel.jpg  
Old 06-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really admire the way you take picture. Awesome quality!
thanks its what you need when you write for two mags, got a mtx3 hop up review to do with kawahara goodies on it!!
Old 06-16-2003, 02:43 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: ouch!

That looks nasty!!
Old 06-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cartman
thanks its what you need when you write for two mags, got a mtx3 hop up review to do with kawahara goodies on it!!
Maybe I can lend you my car so you can use its pictures for your review. But, mine is not just Kawahara, though.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Corse-R
SC too, like CA and NJ... Sorry cannot remember all the States where I sent belts.
Hi Corse-R,

Don't forget Ireland!

All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.