Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

While most of us don't have a need for really low gearing potentials, isn't it better that they offer it anyway? At least leave a solution as an option.sure it would turn out to be an expensive option, but it should be there for the racers that need. They should do it at least as a customer's relation move I think. They totally wouldn't have to do it, but it would be nice to see.

I would think that they would have put consideration to gearing when designing the new drivetrain on the MTX3
Old 11-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00227.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

2nd
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00228.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

3rd
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00229.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

4th
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00230.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

5th
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00231.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

last..
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00232.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

OH MY GOD>>>>>>>>>>>ITS A WORK OF ART!!!!!!!!!

ITS ALMOST TO BEUTIFFUL TO RUN............................ALMOST

SHOW US SOME FULL CAR PICS>>>>>NOW!!!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Lazy,

how would that be an expensive option to have taller gears?

All they need to do is come out with smaller spur gears. 2-3 teeth on the spur, combined with 2-3 teeth on the pinions will make a heck of a difference.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

there would have to be a reason why they have not produced gears that would help the car at these extremely fast tracks, and whatever their reason, they would have to design a new two speed so that it would be up to the task of accepting these new gear ratios. If there is no good reason why you can't make the transmission's ratio lower, then there is no good reason that some would have to suffer.
If there was a way around it, they would have done it at the worlds to make themselves more succesful. Since they didn't, I would assume that there is a reason why they don't offer larger clutch bell pinion and a smaller spur, and the onlly way around it would be a different transmission.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Manticore
ME- has the car, he can tell ! I think the rest of you need to wait and see and confirm yourself on the gearing issue. talk is cheap.
You are right. I have not seen the car yet. But I was making a direct comment on Robbie's comments that a 43T spur is available and hence the issue on gearing is solved... I never meant to made a direct comment on the car.

Like what you said, whether it is true or not that the car will or will not have gearing issues, we'll have to see it for ourselves...
Old 11-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Im2lazy
there would have to be a reason why they have not produced gears that would help the car at these extremely fast tracks, and whatever their reason, they would have to design a new two speed so that it would be up to the task of accepting these new gear ratios. If there is no good reason why you can't make the transmission's ratio lower, then there is no good reason that some would have to suffer.
If there was a way around it, they would have done it at the worlds to make themselves more succesful. Since they didn't, I would assume that there is a reason why they don't offer larger clutch bell pinion and a smaller spur, and the onlly way around it would be a different transmission.
Yeah, there probably is a reason why they are not putting any larger pinions.

But if companies like Serpent who COULD make a 14T pinion for the Centax refuses to do so but leads us the the other way round by making us change 3 pulleys besides changing the 1st speed spur, then I don't know if the reason is indeed cost. This does not help when Serpent parts are expensive

Like Stefan mentioned, how much does it cost to come out and make a few more pinion or spurs?
Old 11-14-2002, 08:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Initial,

Originally posted by stefan
my post was not personally addressed to you but to all (guys!)

No matter where you go, everybody is raving about the gearing of the MTX3.

I believe you that you know people that race on huge tracks, but how many are those?

Lets say there are 50 Mugen racers in Hamilton, what percentage do you think that make s of all kits Mugen will produce?

0.000x%?

They are catering to a global market with this car and I have NEVER heard anybody talk about a gearing issue with the MTX2 until this one time event in Ohio.

Maybe they should design an "Mugen MTX3 OHIO SPEC SUPERFAST BACKSTRETCH EDITION". (do not use on regular tracks or you might never reach second gear)
No biggie Stefan, but I felt it was kinda directed to me as I was the one who "ejaculated" and made comments on the gearing issue.

Anyways, like what Im2lazy mentioned, even though we would not have to use the taller gears, wouldn't it be good just to have the option available?

Like the tallest 20T pinion on the Serpent Centax, I don't think many people will live the day to use it. But just to let you know, the gearing on the Ohio track in the WC was 15T/19T pinions with 49T/46T spurs and about 58mm tire diameter. 19T was not the last option for high speed. The Serpent drivers still had the option of going to 20T pinion or changing to 45T or 44T 2nd gear spurs fo rfurther fine tuning...
Old 11-14-2002, 10:29 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I'm building the car at the moment.
My first impression is that this is a car designed to race.
I thaught the NTC3 servo saver was pretty trick when I first saw it but this is the way it should be done. First car I saw with this system was the Optima?
Old 11-15-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

You want pictures? YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY PICTURES!

I decided to be creative... 360 pictures in 1 degree increments cramed together into a 7.5MB AVI file.

I'll be making the thumbnail sheets later so you can see each individual picture in full detail. The movie kind of ruined the quality of the pictures but still cool to see.

Check the MRX3.com site, I should have some done by the end of the night.

Oh! The AVI file is at:
http://www.4acesracing.com/movies/MTX-3_320x240.avi

-Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.