Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 4MM Chassis

I have seen the 3 Racing chassis that JustRC sells and if you use the Mugen starter box your hosed. The new Mugen chassis from Mugen should be available at the end of the month, Robbie is running one in Florida and says it is pretty sweet. The blade sway bar worked very well for Tennessee and I at Crystal Park last weekend. It is definetly softer in its stiffest setting but only slightly. I think at Revelation you would like the stiifer optional bar from Mugen and it is already available. I myself am planning on mounting some stiffer blades to the 3 racing setup.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Corse-R:

I will try to post it up tonite.

Well done! Tennessee and Brad!
Old 02-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a better picture of the Square chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-square-chassis.jpg  
Old 02-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Most Importtant Hop-Ups

what are the most important hop-ups need for the mtx-3 from justrc.com?i want to make my car much more stiffer and faster.please help.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by justrc
Here is a better picture of the Square chassis.
i have the square chassis and I can tell you the picture here cannot show the beautiful craft quality of the chassis mainly because of the dark color.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

shortyboy: you are welcome to send us an email, we can recommend a few options to your need.

Manticore is right about the chassis, you have to see it to believe!
Old 02-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mugen TQ in Winternats

just read that Kenji Osaka TQ in the Winternats ahead of Trinity and one lap ahead of serpent...
is he driving MTX-3...???

read from here
http://www.myrcworld.com/news/publ.asp?pid=7376
Old 02-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Mugen TQ in Winternats

Originally posted by RClover
just read that Kenji Osaka TQ in the Winternats ahead of Trinity and one lap ahead of serpent...
is he driving MTX-3...???

read from here
http://www.myrcworld.com/news/publ.asp?pid=7376
dont need to say more ! it is not a snake for sure !
Old 02-14-2003, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Most Importtant Hop-Ups

Originally posted by shortyboy
what are the most important hop-ups need for the mtx-3 from justrc.com?i want to make my car much more stiffer and faster.please help.
Most common upgrades fall into two categories: lightening and strengtening.

Lightening:
- lightened gear housings.
- Lightweight pulley adaptors (you need 3 in total)
- Lightweight shafts (have the Square hollowed 2 speed shaft and love it).

Strengtening:
- Aluminium center bulkhead
- Motor brace
- Brake cam (uhm.... don't know if it's only available without the blade roll bar...)

Other people can suggest others.... those parts except the brake cam were what I've ordered from JustRC.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally posted by tekrsq
chook,

Does the carbon fiber front plate keep the body posts in the stock position?

Is the blade type rear sway bar softer or harder than the stock bar?

BTW: Nice looking ride
yes the body posts mount in the same location and i am running the blade bar this weekend for the first time,next week i will fit the alloy pulleys and light weight 2 speed housings
Old 02-14-2003, 04:43 AM
TBR
Tech Regular

Thats domination from Kenji Osaka in the MTX3 11 seconds over Josh in second in ten minutes Whats he going to in the A main race?
Old 02-14-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by chookgb
yes the body posts mount in the same location and i am running the blade bar this weekend for the first time,next week i will fit the alloy pulleys and light weight 2 speed housings
2 Speed housings hollow shafts and lightweight pulley holders make a difference on acceleration, but I noticed a slight loss on the giroscopic effect of those - specially noticeable when you are at the end of the backstraight and leave engine from full WOT and entering to the turns.

Some further practice is needed to get another time the references but is good (more time full WOT means more speed and less time). Can be a little harder for the brakes but none that can be solved with a good disk brake. Noticed at my local track (at the end of backstraight you go at >90Km/h after >190Ft of full WOT).
Old 02-15-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TBR
Thats domination from Kenji Osaka in the MTX3 11 seconds over Josh in second in ten minutes Whats he going to in the A main race?
Uhm... I think that we should wait to the end of A-final to see what happened, 45 minutes of racing are very tough for the drivers and the cars. A-main winner is a lotto game that plays every A-final contestants, sometimes won my finals being constant and having care with my car, others lost my finals needing to retire with 2 or three minutes remaining to the end.. with a silly problem (name it, probably had it...).

Watch for the second and third positions... if are close enough of first, can be a lot of surprises here.

This weekend I plan to test many things (some gearing, some clutch shoes and springs and some exhaust - pray a little for my mental sanity ) and have three days in front to test - nationals start very soon.

Have here some different shoes to test - one resembles the yellow one that came with Picco cars (harder), I'll post some results with all the shoes (Mugen gray, Yellow and Black2 - last ones came from Italian sorces...).
Old 02-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Testing results....

Made some break from my testing and got quite good and interesting results with some parts that I've tested today.

Clutch: Tested some clutch pads, the best was one yellow pad that is softer than the black pad and harder than the grey... Very pretty. Post after a photo. Is quite similar to the yellow clutch pad that had Picco on their Integra cars (no.... isn't a Serpent... serpent had only 3 pins on their clutch, this is a 4 pin model and lasts longer and grips better). With the stock spring and lightened flywheel weights.

Tested the 2.5mm rear anti roll bar (T0140). Unique I can say is.... Fantastic! give more steering without reducing the rear grip.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

corse-r what did you mean when you spoke about the giroscopic effect of the lightened drivetrain?

did you mean the car slowed more rapidly after throttle was released?

and you are talking about clutch shoes that work with mugen centax right?

are some of them available through mugen and do you have part numbers?

and what kind of reaction was there when using the different shoes?

sorry for all the questions all i can do is bench race it is snowing again i have never in 26 years in Maryland seen a winter this bad the snow hasnt melted and its snowing again and its supposed to snow all weekend why didnt i keep that t-maxx or my xxx-s at least i could play with something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.