Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kempower2000
Does anyone know where to find these pins? (the green pins in the picture)
These Mugen MTX-3 prospec CVD's are from such an excellent quality that I do not need to replace the complete CVD...only the pin has worn out...
Anybody tips or links?

thanks,
Maarten

hi maarten. what tool do you use to take off the pins and then reinstall them?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

anyone got a pic of their mtx3. i wanna see how you guys tuck in all the wires on the servo/receivers...
Old 06-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bandeira
Hello Guys...

I'm havin problems making 5 minute quals with all of my engines... Anybody tried those extra venturis that have less inner diameter? My tank is making 4:45 minutes and I needed it to about 5:20... Which one should I get? do Hety make 5.3? 5.2? Do they scrub much power?

another issue, my car seem to be quite dialed on turns... But on race some other drivers... seem to take the turns faster... my car seem to lack in speed while turning... If I increase my dual rate, the rear end would come happily...
I was thinking of reducing track width... as mentioned before...what else can I do? I'm using Monotuning Tyres... I may change for some 2mmOffset ones like fast or so, then the roll center would be changed, in benefit of turn speed... What else you guys think I can do?

thanks in advance...

Sorry of da Long post...
There are three main things that you can do (other than running more fuel) to get fuel economy.

The first thing to do is gear up. Less RPM will give better fuel economy.

The second thing to do is set the two speed to shift earlier.

The third thing to do is roll on and off the throttle more smoothly.

There are some other things that you can do but those are the biggest ones without playing with the engine more.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigBadJabba
anyone got a pic of their mtx3. i wanna see how you guys tuck in all the wires on the servo/receivers...
I use hitec servos, cut them and resoldered them and used shrink tubing. , no more hassle with them wires!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi maarten. what tool do you use to take off the pins and then reinstall them?
If im not wrong, these pins have the same diameter as the brake ones, use a press and small nut to take them in out. it is easier to ge the part t0250 though!
Old 06-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

I have them right next to the battery pack.

Make sure they dont touch the engine while down there.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

hi, i got a new mtx3 and new os tr12... i didnt build it so i dont know much about it...

when i rev it, it takes about 1/2 throttle for the wheels to start moving... is this normal? what may i need to look at adjusting?

i normally run 1/8 buggy and normally moving the carb 1 mm will make the car move....
Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi, i got a new mtx3 and new os tr12... i didnt build it so i dont know much about it...

when i rev it, it takes about 1/2 throttle for the wheels to start moving... is this normal? what may i need to look at adjusting?

i normally run 1/8 buggy and normally moving the carb 1 mm will make the car move....
Check the clutch as it sounds like it may be to tight
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

thanks, do you have a general rule as to how tight it should be? also do i need loc tite there?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks, do you have a general rule as to how tight it should be? also do i need loc tite there?
The setting of the clutch is a choice of how you want the car to react when you accellerate
Tight clutch engages later giving more punch out of corners and of the start

No loctite the spring should be sufficient.

I usually adjust the clutch buy starting the car and hold on the ground if you rev the car and nothing much happens clutch is to tight
If the revs die as you accellerate clutch is to loose
The car should want to pull out of your hand
Old 06-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

hi sorry i meant do you have specs on how tight to make it.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hi sorry i meant do you have specs on how tight to make it.
A good starting point is to have the spring nut about 9.00mm from the end of the shaft (before putting anything else on the shaft). Check with calipers.

Your endplay could also be too loose. If you have too much endplay, your clutch will barely engage and it will take a lot of RPM to do so. A telltale sign of too much endplay is a lot of clutch dust around the endbell.

Last edited by cdelong; 06-29-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Some people just should not run Nitro.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Kawahara Rear Blade Sway Bar

I just got one of the Kawahara rear sways. I haven't been able to test it too much as it's been raining and track conditions have been inconsistant when it's not raining. Can someone tell me what characteristics it gives? The one time I got to test it, it really felt as if the rear end was very flat, no roll. How does it compare to the stock & prospec bars? Just give me some experiences with it. I haven't had enough testing to get an opinion on it.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gonzoY5
I just got one of the Kawahara rear sways. I haven't been able to test it too much as it's been raining and track conditions have been inconsistant when it's not raining. Can someone tell me what characteristics it gives? The one time I got to test it, it really felt as if the rear end was very flat, no roll. How does it compare to the stock & prospec bars? Just give me some experiences with it. I haven't had enough testing to get an opinion on it.
Gonzo...you should run it and form your own opinion. That way you won't be influenced by others. You know setup is 50% mental It should be able to give you more steering since you can make the rear bar stiffer than stock.

Any news on the enduro race? I've not ran the track as yet but we might come down if the schedule is right. This weekend would have been good for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.