Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

WRC Racing - 1:8 Pan Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

This is good to see! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As Phil said, same bodies. I have seen a lot of Protoforms being used with the exception of the PFL128, which has not shown up on the pan cars as far as I can tell.

Originally Posted by Rob B99
What bodies are available for this chassis? Or is it the same body that's being used on the 4wd 1/8 class?
Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the support Pooh!

I will attend the FullThrottle Raceway 2013 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 4th-8th. I plan to have a tent set up and will have cars to share with the Florida drivers. It would be great to get a class going in the region. And it will be great to see you at the race:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...c-4th-8th.html

Originally Posted by Pooh2
This is good to see! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

R/C World Depot in Port Jervis, New York will receive there first shipment of WRC parts this Sunday, August 18! We would like to thank John Fernandez and Charlie Schaumburg for providing us a home. The first track in the Northeast to welcome Pan Car Racing!

http://www.rcworlddepot.com

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ny-2013-a.html
Old 08-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 358 (100%+)

Any video of car in action?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Any video of car in action?
I will post some video from the GLC if we have a chance to shoot during the week.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MrHistory
I will post some video from the GLC if we have a chance to shoot during the week.
Jason, please do. I did not get a chance to see you guys run in Port Jervis.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Actually had a chance to drive the 2wd pan chassis at PJ this sunday... Gary K's car has great potential and fun to drive, but needed further tuning on the set-up. All i can say is the car has way too much steering and you need at least a 50 durameter front tire to make it work... Gary has 37/35 tire set-up and just too much oversteer as well as not enough slide in the rear.. I would go with 50/40. A nice a simple chassis alternative for a 2nd class if you want more track time.. I would suggest a carb restrictor to limit motor power but allow any motor... too much power is not an advantage in this chassis... good luck at the GLC with the new class.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

I've found on my Motonica P8C 50 fronts and 32 rears work great at Port Jervis.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I remember running "molded" foam tires on my RC100 to solve this very problem. They were an Associated optional tire.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 358 (100%+)

There will be Nova Flashes in these cars in no time.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

...Lon Burling II tried a "flash in the pan".......undriveable....the big timing motors hit too hard...you'll run quicker with a mild motor......the same is happening in the GT class....
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ScottE1776
I remember running "molded" foam tires on my RC100 to solve this very problem. They were an Associated optional tire.
Wow,if you remember "moldeds" then you might remember DELTA "tricks" they were a super hard ring on the outside third of the tire and a softer wider ring on the inside,they were the ticket for DELTA Super J's
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Wow,if you remember "moldeds" then you might remember DELTA "tricks" they were a super hard ring on the outside third of the tire and a softer wider ring on the inside,they were the ticket for DELTA Super J's
Wow now that takes you back
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Actually had a chance to drive the 2wd pan chassis at PJ this sunday... Gary K's car has great potential and fun to drive, but needed further tuning on the set-up. All i can say is the car has way too much steering and you need at least a 50 durameter front tire to make it work... Gary has 37/35 tire set-up and just too much oversteer as well as not enough slide in the rear.. I would go with 50/40. A nice a simple chassis alternative for a 2nd class if you want more track time.. I would suggest a carb restrictor to limit motor power but allow any motor... too much power is not an advantage in this chassis... good luck at the GLC with the new class.
Glad you enjoyed it Carl, and thanks for the help and feedback. Your 12th scale experience showed, as these cars are all about smooth.

As Carl said, we played around with my new WRC on Sunday. Definitely had the wrong tires, a new motor that blubbered around and struggled to crack 200 degrees, and body that didn't have a rear spoiler (who knew they didn't come with the body...) ... and it still was fun. Carl got some mid 19's and it was still way off where it could be. Basically we went with the hardest tires we could find - ended up with 45F/35R - went up to 60K on the rear diff - and cut a few mm's off the tires to get the ride height down where it belonged and it got easier to drive. As we leaned out the motor it got harder to drive smoothly, so the clutch needed to be a little softer on the bottom end. I was using a JP Gimar Mig 21 3 port buggy motor with a standard plug (!?!) that I bought a year ago for $180 and never took out of the box, with a short non-conical header and a $50 Dynamite 086 pipe. 7mm restrictor on 25%. Buku clutch with a 36mm flywheel. More rip than I will ever need. It still needs a harder front, and as Carl said, a slightly harder rear.

With my only onroad experience being in GT, this car is a big change to drive, but oh so much fun. It feels very light and responsive, and steers like nothing else - you have to really be smooth to go fast. I'm not, but I'm going to enjoy working on getting better...

And the crashes should be spectacular! Remember - these are sub-5 lb cars. Almost anything pushes them along fast, especially on a tighter track like Pt Jervis. BTW, on that pool table asphalt these cars feel sooo good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.