Rossi R12 Pixi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rossi R12 Pixi

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

PIXY 3 port, info; I'm using one shim for the 30% Nitro fuels, the one supplied with the engine. Running the top end around 5.25 turns out and the low end at 4. It's not using any unusual amount of gas, about 6 minutes for a tank at race speeds.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

KingWillie, what plug are you using?
Old 05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

I've about 0.3mm shim in there now (one piece of 0.1mm and one piece of 0.2mm shims). I believe the shim that was already inside when u purchase the engine is 0.1mm. Maybe i added too much?

My High needle setting is slightly above at 5.5 turn and low is 4.25 turn with the above setting. Using MC-8 (Medium to slightly cold range-stated on Mc Coy sheet) plug.

Wrote an email to Trinity got a stupid response from them, indirectly they told me they don't know since they are using Trinity Platinium Fuels and Novarossi #7or #8, and according to them it works fine. And they are getting PAID for giving this kind of advice!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guy how many version does pixy black have? The one that I got is 1.8HP 3 port, (seller told me) how’s this engine ? coz I still waiting for the kit to arrive so cant use it since yet… cant wait to let it run….
Old 05-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Suspended

pixy black is available at www.prorc.net
Old 06-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi can some one help me with the pixy black i install it into mtx3 n try to start it but it seem to be very tight keep stuck at the top... n keep die all i did is just adjust 1/8 (clockwire) for bottom end n 1/4 (clockwire) for top end... is it correct? or wht else do i need to adjust ? thank you.....
Old 06-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by InitialD
KingWillie, what plug are you using?
C5-S
Old 06-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Tango
Hi can some one help me with the pixy black i install it into mtx3 n try to start it but it seem to be very tight keep stuck at the top... n keep die all i did is just adjust 1/8 (clockwire) for bottom end n 1/4 (clockwire) for top end... is it correct? or wht else do i need to adjust ? thank you.....
It starts out very tight at the top, get some fuel into it and it should move freely enough. I didn't have any trouble with stalling. I'm running my HSN around 5 turns out. LSN a little less, closer to 4. Now using only 20% Platinum in it.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by KingWillie
It starts out very tight at the top, get some fuel into it and it should move freely enough. I didn't have any trouble with stalling. I'm running my HSN around 5 turns out. LSN a little less, closer to 4. Now using only 20% Platinum in it.
thank you, but as im still new can u tell me how much nitro should i use for the new engine?i used 15% b4 but using now using 5% as LHS told, n wht r those turn mean? thanx
Old 06-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Tango
thank you, but as im still new can u tell me how much nitro should i use for the new engine?i used 15% b4 but using now using 5% as LHS told, n wht r those turn mean? thanx
I broke mine in using 20% Monster blend from Trinity. The turns are turns out from toatally closed needles. I am very happy with my Pixi and used a series of 10 runs up to 210 f and then let it cool immediately to less than 100 f. After which I ran another 5 tanks of fuel through at about 210 to 220 f. Been racing it since then and its still getting better now after two weeks of racing.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I broke mine in using 20% Monster blend from Trinity. The turns are turns out from toatally closed needles. I am very happy with my Pixi and used a series of 10 runs up to 210 f and then let it cool immediately to less than 100 f. After which I ran another 5 tanks of fuel through at about 210 to 220 f brining my rpms up slowly tank by tank. Been racing it since then and its still getting better now after two weeks of racing.
Opps sorry, didn't mean to quote myself
Old 06-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Opps sorry, didn't mean to quote myself
Thank you very much can u teach me how many turn do u make for low end, high end n idle to break in? coz i cant make the correct turn so the engine keep die
Old 06-15-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Tango, try starting it out at 5 and 1/2 turns on the HSN. Tune your HSN to maintain temps of at least 210 f. Too cold for the first few runs isn't good as the materials need to acheive enough temp to mate well and the heating cooling cycles of the first few runs are your best opportunity to do so.
Start your LSN at 4 1/2, you will need to tune this yourself as this varies a bit from engine to engine. Open your idle enough to keep it running while you work with it.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info guys. I was having real trouble with my Pixy until I read this forum and the advice from Paris Racing. It was getting really hot after running and I was adjusting all the needles without knowing what I was doing.

I now have the high set at 5 1/2 and the low at 3 3/4 and it runs like a dream. It is lean on the bottom end but this gives me better accel and then cools off when at top revs. This is perfect for my track.

Has anybody tried a different carb in there Pixy? I was going to try to fit my rossi carb and see what it was like
Old 11-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Where can I get spares for my Rossi Pixy Black? I want to fit new liner, Piston Conrod ect.

Mine is the 3 port Can I fit the 5 port liner and piston in directly?

Cheers