Tech Fanatic

I've got one of them too.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:39 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

R12 PIXI placed 8th and 9th Oz Nats.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

I've seen a couple of pixies at my track and one is faster than anything by a couple mph, whereas, I thought the other one was an MT12. I believe, it depends on tuning and break-in a lot because I've seen some go fast and some not-so-fast.

If you can get it going fast, I've never seen a 5 port turbo anthing (stock from box, not touched by a dremel ) go faster. Low and high end are powerful.

That is what I have noticed without owning one.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

they are sensitive to tune for sure. Not quit on you sensitive like some picco's, but you have to be ez on the needles for performance.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:48 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

To get the best performance from any engine it's always a matter of degrees and compromise.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default ROSSI 01201

So does anyone know where they can own this ROSSI 01201 Pipe? In the US or International Mail Order?
Old 04-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

y dont u try a pipe fron rd logics - i just got the .12 legal one peice and it is really super. very solid construction and excellent performance. i paid 40.00 us for my pipe AND header!

http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin...15308-2D451450
Old 04-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by cybertoolzz
y dont u try a pipe fron rd logics - i just got the .12 legal one peice and it is really super. very solid construction and excellent performance. i paid 40.00 us for my pipe AND header!

http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin...15308-2D451450
Did u hv it with your pixy? How does it goes?
Old 04-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

wow, are you guys sure we have the same engine?

people are making this thing out to be a freakin sirio, as if there was a huge hype then just a pos.

i personally think this engine is kickass. mines got plenty of low end and top end power, and i havent even leaned it highenough to make blue smoke stop gushing out

the thing about this engine is that if you run a TC3, you need to re-gear your 2-speed. the 2-speed is based alot on top end for it.

also who can claim they have rossi power and such reliability out of this engine. after i broke it in, it starts up as easy as my old AE .12

maybe those other guys just cant tune for crap(the local ones)

also this engine is made for onroad, a ton of low end punch wasnt their goal.

also you need the right pipe. now im using the stock pipe and it does feel a little lacking, but i dont really care right now. im waiting on other companies to make their pipe and header set for the TC3

dynamite has a nice one, THS is coming out with one from what i hear. others will follow give it time
Old 04-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

hmm...I guess i'll try with my "beat-up" Rex-Novarossi 1-piece Pipe and see how it goes.

Any1 got any comments on their pipe they use with the Pixy? Anyway, its about time i need to get a new pipe.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by nizee
Did u hv it with your pixy? How does it goes?
I HAVE THE RD LOGICS ONE-PEICE LEgaL ON MY NOVAROSSI RS12 TURBO.

don't WONDER if the rd logic pipes are are good - just fn BUY one. you WILL NOT be disappointed.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Default How to break in a R12 Pixy

i don't want to mess this one up so! What is the best way to break this beast in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

I have one of these motors in a box for around 6 months. I read Dennis Ritchies review on it:

BY Dennis don't spend your money here, the rod is super short and the piston is super heavy and the motor is over priced and over hyped, It has way to much head clerance stock and will not run to the level of novarossis and piccos out of the box. (the head clerance can be fixed but requires machining of the head button) Its just not worth it. But it does look cool. I have one and had to do alot of work to it to get it to the level of even a stock MT. (rod and piston change required again requiring machining)
and did not bother to pull it out of the box.

I did the other day for kicks and OMG! It is a damn nice motor which gets quicker every time I run it. I use a RB X12 manifold coupled to a truck style pipe (short and squat). It has great low end and great top end. It is also still ultra tight (only less than 1 gallon thru it) so the top end will still improve. It is not that hard to tune in my opinion, no harder than an average modified novarossi.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: How to break in a R12 Pixy

Originally posted by Que
i don't want to mess this one up so! What is the best way to break this beast in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like any other modern ABC .12, I wot. Idle a tank (or two) @ no lower than 200F or so, then run the snot out of it at progressively leaner main needle settings. Keep in mind that it'll take at least a gallon before it really develops its true power potential.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:35 PM
acs
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have one of these motors in a box for around 6 months. I read Dennis Ritchies review on it:

and did not bother to pull it out of the box.

I did the other day for kicks and OMG! It is a damn nice motor which gets quicker every time I run it. I use a RB X12 manifold coupled to a truck style pipe (short and squat). It has great low end and great top end. It is also still ultra tight (only less than 1 gallon thru it) so the top end will still improve. It is not that hard to tune in my opinion, no harder than an average modified novarossi.
that is an interesting quote from dennis as the rod out of my novarossi S3 is about 1.5 to 2.0mm shorter than the rod out of my R12 pixy.

I know the motor that i prefer and its not the pixy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.