Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mydo84
Does Lipo damage the receiver because of 7.4V ?I use always Nimh Battery 6.0V my Futaba Receiver.
Novak sells 5A Voltage Regulator to stepdown 7.4V to 6.0V

I would like to try direct ...... I'm sure my car's servos are supercharged
Old 10-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
There is [email protected], but they don't always get back to you depending on your question.

Whose setup do you want?? If you want Fukuda's, you can always try contacting Mugen Japan through the contact Web form at mugenseiki.com (English) or email at [email protected]

Mugen Japan has a setup sheet posted for Keisuke Fukuda for some event "SPL2". It's here: http://www.mugenseiki.com/setupsheet...03005_spl2.pdf

If you wait, Mugen Japan will eventually post Fukuda's setup on the "Setting Sheet" page at their site.

Mugen USA isn't really posting MTX-4 setups or anything for 2006 that I could see. Here is the link to their setup sheet page: http://www.mugenracing.com/index_racesetting.html
Thanks I have tried both of those and got nada. Lucky the car is good cause the race reporting and setup posting stinks
Old 10-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does Lipo damage the receiver because of 7.4V ?I use always Nimh Battery 6.0V my Futaba Receiver.
Some good info on Lipo is posted in this thread:

New LiPo receiver pack -- replaces 5-cell packs
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=lipo
Old 10-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
If you really want to loose weight and don't have to worry about tech at club races, a Lipo Rx pack is the best way to loose weight. I a 1300mah Lipo is half the weight of a 1400 5 cell. And it lasts 2-3x longer.
LiPo is a nonsense because you're removing weight on the place you want to have the most of it, on the lowest part of the car. With the Ti screw set you're removing from where you want to remove it, from the highest part of the car, thus lowering the CG.

Investing on LiPos is a nonsense and expensive (you need the battery pack and a suitable charger for it, more than the cost of the Ti screwset).
Old 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corse-R
LiPo is a nonsense because you're removing weight on the place you want to have the most of it, on the lowest part of the car. With the Ti screw set you're removing from where you want to remove it, from the highest part of the car, thus lowering the CG.

Investing on LiPos is a nonsense and expensive (you need the battery pack and a suitable charger for it, more than the cost of the Ti screwset).
If a person wants the benefit of Lipo but doesn't want to lose the the CG benefit of the weight, the person can always add the weight back. Glenn also pointed out in his article that he lowered his fuel tank by 4mm.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

ya and its just a pain in the but to do it all in the car with the 6 volt reg thing, so what if it lasts for a long time.id rather spend my $ on tires.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

mydo, you'll need a voltage regulator.

Novak

HT Batteries
Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
ya and its just a pain in the but to do it all in the car with the 6 volt reg thing, so what if it lasts for a long time.id rather spend my $ on tires.
For me, the cost is not an issue because I can use the Lipo Rx for Micro Night racing and the size is easy enought to transfer into my other nitro cars that cannot fit 5cell NiMh flat packs. Plus a Lipo pack will out last 10+ NiMh packs. So please don't make cost an issue. For a $100 you can get a Lipo pack, regulator AND a charger. You can maybe get 3-4 NiMh Rx packs for that price.

As Rainer mentioned, you can also lower your tank. On a Kawahara chassis it's much easier because there's already a cutout in the chassis between the rear batt.tray screws. On the Mugen chassis, you'll have to break out the Dremel for a bit.

Now I used to think the same as others have. "If I change my battery weight, it'll screw up my handling...etc." Seriously though, don't knock it till you try it. Corner speeds are faster, transitions faster, off the line is faster, and Wally, tire wear is better. If you feel like somethings not right, do something about your setup. Don't be afraid to venture away from the ol' trusty stock setup. Lighter is faster, and Lipos have already changed RC for the better... More power, longer run times, no pricey matched cells, longer life. Amain

Last edited by kidDynomite; 10-17-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agee 100% with kidDynamite, the pack stays strong forever!!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

On this one I am going with Corse-R. The benefit of the lipo is minimal at best.

If you want to change hopup your car there are PLENTY of other ways to make your car handle better, and increase the power to the wheels.

Titanium pillow balls. These take off weight and in a good spot. The suspension!
Lighten rotating mass! This makes the car weigh less and also in a good spot.
1st gear oneway
2nd gear housing
2sp shaft
titanium middle shaft

The titanium upper screw kit is also good. Lighter weight up high is a definite benefit
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Agreed!

Unless you are really sure that you are placing the batteries in a position where the car is balanced. Otherwise the balance of the car is totally whacked.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
On this one I am going with Corse-R. The benefit of the lipo is minimal at best.

If you want to change hopup your car there are PLENTY of other ways to make your car handle better, and increase the power to the wheels.

Titanium pillow balls. These take off weight and in a good spot. The suspension!
Lighten rotating mass! This makes the car weigh less and also in a good spot.
1st gear oneway
2nd gear housing
2sp shaft
titanium middle shaft

The titanium upper screw kit is also good. Lighter weight up high is a definite benefit
what about when youve done all that and your still craving for more
Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Your car will probably be underweight at that point. If you lighten it at the battery, you will have to add weight back to make it race legal. Guess where the best place to add weight is?

Team drivers have been making brass battery trays to add weight at that spot.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry, I think I have to straighten the CG issue vs weight.

The car CG and RC actually remain the same, CG and RC are just imaginary axis where the car is expected to transfer weight on four wheels. When people change to LiPo, only weight is affected. Lighter cars benefit for acceleration, fuel economy, and more top speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.