Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by blanks596
what are some must have hop ups? Looking to shave off a 1/2 second on my lap times. The only hop up I use on my car is the skyline 1pc motor mount. Motor and pipe are fine so I'm looking for other stuff that have proven themselves. Not looking to be pretty or bling bling, just looken to be fast and if so, ugly.
what about your transmission can you lose some wieght there blue shirt oh i mean black shirt
Old 10-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what are some must have hop ups? Looking to shave off a 1/2 second on my lap times. The only hop up I use on my car is the skyline 1pc motor mount. Motor and pipe are fine so I'm looking for other stuff that have proven themselves. Not looking to be pretty or bling bling, just looken to be fast and if so, ugly.
Original 4mm Mugen chassis
Old 10-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeBop
Guys Newbie here.

I just finish assembling my car and I want to know what tools besides a caliper do you use to measure the lenght of the shocks. Do you use any special tools. has anybody has use the team losi shock measuring tool? Its just when doing the shocks its always a challenge making sure that all 4 has the same lenghts.
You should not be setting the droop with the shocks. They have screws to adjust the droop.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Original 4mm Mugen chassis
Hey Sam, how much more does the 4mm weigh from the 3mm. What will the 4mm do better than the 3mm?

No more just watching races or being Nigel's pit pops, it's time to race
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Sam, how much more does the 4mm weigh from the 3mm. What will the 4mm do better than the 3mm?

No more just watching races or being Nigel's pit pops, it's time to race
Max,
The 4mm chassis does not weight much more than the 3mm, due to it being milled out significantly on places where all the major component are and it is still stiffer than the 3mm chassis, you got to take a look,...... it looks really nice, I mean the machining done to it.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Then, you may need very few parts, let's see..

Front CVD's.
Ti screw set (upper side).

Besides this, you better go a grab a set of springs, rear roll bars and maybe the 4mm chassis, seems to be hot ticket for the people. Maybe your best hop-up is to practice and know your car and react to track changes. Isn't really needed a heavily hopped up car to be fast. Your best hop-up for being fast is to keep the car in top notch condition and pay attention to the bearings, is the most critical (and sometimes the most neglected part).
Old 10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Then, you may need very few parts, let's see..

Front CVD's.
Ti screw set (upper side).

Besides this, you better go a grab a set of springs, rear roll bars and maybe the 4mm chassis, seems to be hot ticket for the people. Maybe your best hop-up is to practice and know your car and react to track changes. Isn't really needed a heavily hopped up car to be fast. Your best hop-up for being fast is to keep the car in top notch condition and pay attention to the bearings, is the most critical (and sometimes the most neglected part).
Would you suggest lightening the car much? I'm only looking for an immediate 1/2 to 3/4 of a second. Traction is not an issue
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Would you suggest lightening the car much? I'm only looking for an immediate 1/2 to 3/4 of a second. Traction is not an issue
Lightening so much? naaah! for sure your car will be over minimum weight, we don't want to lose so much weight, just only the enough to make it faster. (Just remember: Same horsepower, less weight, more zoom-zoom, but more twitchy).

Changing the screws for the Ti ones is the best weight lose you can do, you can shave up to 40 or 50grams in only one shot. Perfect.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Get the titanium pivot balls to reduce weight significantly.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Yeah Racing

Anyone use Yeah Racing parts? I'm thinking of getting the light flywheel from them. Decent? I'd prefer Mugen or Kawahara but neither have that option yet.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by going4#1
Get the titanium pivot balls to reduce weight significantly.
stock vs ti (Mugen)

you can reduce half weight. Also can reduce more on mounting servo , i used alu screws
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-ssl10161.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-ssl10162.jpg  
Old 10-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've been asked a few times about the best tire split. I run 1-1.5mm and I've been told that that is too little. Not to second guess myself on this, but what works best? anybody?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Guys,

I have a couple questions about my Mugen MTX-4 that I hope someone can help me with. Does adding caster (the tilt of the front hubs) to the front increase or decrease steering? Also, the inserts that go in the rear of the car, the two plastic pieces that hold the hinge pins, how does changing there angle affect the handling of the car? Is this the roll center adjustment? or rear caster adjustment?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I've been asked a few times about the best tire split. I run 1-1.5mm and I've been told that that is too little. Not to second guess myself on this, but what works best? anybody?
Isn't the split a compromise between tire wear and performance? What does the split look like after you finish a heat/main? What pulley are you using?

On the RRR side of the house, everyone recommends starting with a 2mm split. I adjust accordingly based on wear, as our track layout always changes from race-to-race.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vulso
Hello Guys,

I have a couple questions about my Mugen MTX-4 that I hope someone can help me with. Does adding caster (the tilt of the front hubs) to the front increase or decrease steering? Also, the inserts that go in the rear of the car, the two plastic pieces that hold the hinge pins, how does changing there angle affect the handling of the car? Is this the roll center adjustment? or rear caster adjustment?

Thanks
The FAQ section at my MTX-4 KB Web site has some of the info you are seeking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.