August 22, 2006, 12:34 p.m.,pacific time

so fast
information from where

i maybe 'LOST'
Old 06-08-2006, 08:00 PM
RR
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
anybody tried to shorter the wheelbase,1mm?I got it from Kazuki Iida.
Hi bro.. how are you
Kazuki Iida didn't told me about that, when i asked him to fill up the whole setup sheet?

anyway thanks for your reply
I've concluded my stripping problem,... i mounted the engine abit too left side(looking from the front of car).
while we were in korea or suwon running the mugen cup,..(very nice place and weather).
my car had no problem at all... the problem was my finger
not as fast as "Fukuda"

so after our fruitful trip from mugen cup suwon... surely we wanted to try out our finding
but didn't expect the heat back home was so terrible
think it burn some fuse in my brain... too tired and blur...
so that is when my spurs start to strip
Old 06-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
hows the weight different?

i dont know i dont weigh everything
Old 06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RR
Hi bro.. how are you
Kazuki Iida didn't told me about that, when i asked him to fill up the whole setup sheet?

I've concluded my stripping problem,... i mounted the engine abit too left side(looking from the front of car).
while we were in korea or suwon running the mugen cup,..(very nice place and weather).
not as fast as "Fukuda"

so after our fruitful trip from mugen cup suwon... surely we wanted to try out our finding
I think it had burnt more then just the fuse in your brain.. you are pratically toasted!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I heard it is 2:34 pm central time.
Or even 3:34 p.m , eastern time?
Old 06-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Or even 3:34 p.m , eastern time?
east of where?
Old 06-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Hey, I notice the clutchbell is extremely close to 2nd gear holder.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I installed the new 4mm chassis tonight on my mtx4. I am impressed. Only 10gr heavier, so I also did a Titanium screw kit, got 17gr out of the car that way, what better way to move the weight to the bottom of the car. Only thing I noticed is that if I have to change the clutch-bell, I have to remove the upper chassis brace and loosen up the motor. A small inconvenience for what I hope to gain.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have to remove the upper brace and loosen the engine to get the clutch bell off with the stock chassis. Usually anytime I am doing anything with the clutch, I go ahead and remove the engine/pipe anyways. It takes only about 2 minutes since I turned the belt tensioner around. Easy day!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I installed the new 4mm chassis tonight on my mtx4. I am impressed. Only 10gr heavier, so I also did a Titanium screw kit, got 17gr out of the car that way, what better way to move the weight to the bottom of the car. Only thing I noticed is that if I have to change the clutch-bell, I have to remove the upper chassis brace and loosen up the motor. A small inconvenience for what I hope to gain.
Increase the height of the upper brace by adding 4 mm plastic shim and super glue the shims to upper brace. Use longer screws like 3x12mm.

Rcfoolz, tell me the driving pleasure of 4mm chassis.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Stripped 2nd Gear Theory

I think I got it.
It's got nothing to do with the bulk heads. The bh's are keyed into the chassis and has many mounting point's so it aint moving.

I pulled off the spurs and then the 2-speed shoes. I noticed on the shoes that there were rubbing marks from the stock engine brace. The brace actually does hang over about .5mm. What I noticed even more was that the wear on the shoes was more apparent where the two shoes butt up together. So when it splits apart, the corner is hanging and banging up on the brace.

So this is how it goes:
- engine revs up and kicks in 1st gear. All is fine with one-way bearing.
- car starts to kick into second, 2-shoe splits apart to grap 2nd gear spur. The gap starts knocking engine brace corner and cause momentary stalls. But since there is no free spin for 2nd gear since it's engaged, the pinion starts chewing away. I also pulled the 2-shoe clutch apart by hand, and I noticed that it can wobble side to side a little. This may also help in catching the brace corner.

Once again, this is only my theory. I have yet to test since I'm waiting for more spurs and pinions.

But if anyone else is having this problem, could you check your 2-speed clutch shoes and stock engine brace for wear? I figure if you just simply grind down the brace on both ends, just in case you flipped it around, you should be fine.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
I think I got it.
It's got nothing to do with the bulk heads. The bh's are keyed into the chassis and has many mounting point's so it aint moving.

I pulled off the spurs and then the 2-speed shoes. I noticed on the shoes that there were rubbing marks from the stock engine brace. The brace actually does hang over about .5mm. What I noticed even more was that the wear on the shoes was more apparent where the two shoes butt up together. So when it splits apart, the corner is hanging and banging up on the brace.

So this is how it goes:
- engine revs up and kicks in 1st gear. All is fine with one-way bearing.
- car starts to kick into second, 2-shoe splits apart to grap 2nd gear spur. The gap starts knocking engine brace corner and cause momentary stalls. But since there is no free spin for 2nd gear since it's engaged, the pinion starts chewing away. I also pulled the 2-shoe clutch apart by hand, and I noticed that it can wobble side to side a little. This may also help in catching the brace corner.

Once again, this is only my theory. I have yet to test since I'm waiting for more spurs and pinions.

But if anyone else is having this problem, could you check your 2-speed clutch shoes and stock engine brace for wear? I figure if you just simply grind down the brace on both ends, just in case you flipped it around, you should be fine.
It's possible since the engine bay is way too small. eg. rear stabilizer touch 2nd gear holder, the clutchbell almost touch the 2nd gear holder, and uneasy to remove the engine by opening the four screws on top, etc.

However, I never get that problem because I had already increase the height of rear brace during buildinng it for easy engine removal reason ( I only have to remove the rear side pulley and slide through the engine ).
Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RR
Hi bro.. how are you

not as fast as "Fukuda"

well atleast you went pure A main drivers.. what else you need if you wana have those fingers..practice more!!
compares me.. but lots of new thgs&tips i get..
Old 06-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Arahawak
I think it had burnt more then just the fuse in your brain.. you are pratically toasted!!!!!
i duno bro..i didnt go Futaba Cup,but someguy there said after market engine mount not good,1 of the thgs that contributes to gear stripping problem.. well me got the option 2pcs mugen option and still trying out..so far so good..

anybody tried the monoblock?any difference on the mounting height?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.