Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Run FT Myers, and I don't care what setup you have, you have tire wear! 2.5mm in a qualifier. Traction is awsome, but wear is high.

look at the rubber on the track!
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-tire-rubber.jpg  
Old 09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Run FT Myers, and I don't care what setup you have, you have tire wear! 2.5mm in a qualifier. Traction is awsome, but wear is high.

yes i know i did not word it right,some tracks just kill your tires
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Push ( do you mean understeer ? ) on power when exiting corners or off power slightly before the apex ?

I also have similar problem with G4S cars. I feel the car is pushing at middle corners for 10 minutes and after that it's getting better for another 25 minutes. When reaching 45 minutes mark, the car become harder to drive with oversteering symptoms.

So I drive relax for 10 minutes and drive faster as soon as I feel the push is gone.

MTX4 and MTX3 drive nicely for the first 25 minutes and start become harder to drive close to 45min ( oversteering & understeering ).

I always find 3mm split is suitable for me.

Last edited by asw7576; 09-12-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Push ( do you mean understeer ? ) on power when exiting corners or off power slightly before the apex ?

I also have similar problem with G4S cars. I feel the car is pushing at middle corners for 10 minutes and after that it's getting better for another 25 minutes. When reaching 45 minutes mark, the car become harder to drive with oversteering symptoms.

So I drive relax for 10 minutes and drive faster as soon as I feel the push is gone.

MTX4 and MTX3 drive nicely for the first 25 minutes and start become harder to drive close to 45min ( oversteering & understeering ).

I always find 3mm split is suitable for me.
ya i think this is a common thing with all the cars, its the foam tires and the wear and the heat in the tires,but i do swear on the overdrive thing the car stays more the same in long mains to me anyways its just faster in the corners, i think its just the way i drive
Old 09-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

push-understear....while entering corner
Old 09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
ya i think this is a common thing with all the cars, its the foam tires and the wear and the heat in the tires,but i do swear on the overdrive thing the car stays more the same in long mains to me anyways its just faster in the corners, i think its just the way i drive
Do you overdrive your car ?

In my understanding, overdrive means front tires are spinning faster than rear tires. Am I correct ?

Tell me what split & diameter do you use before the final, and what the diameter of front vs rear after the final, lets say 45 min ? And the size of pulley at front side ( 23 or 24 or 25 ) ?

Rcfoolz : Sorry can't give you solid answer..... I could only suggest less downstop value to front and more inclined front shock.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what shore are you running?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Do you overdrive your car ?

In my understanding, overdrive means front tires are spinning faster than rear tires. Am I correct ?

Tell me what split & diameter do you use before the final, and what the diameter of front vs rear after the final, lets say 45 min ? And the size of pulley at front side ( 23 or 24 or 25 ) ?

Rcfoolz : Sorry can't give you solid answer..... I could only suggest less downstop value to front and more inclined front shock.
ok lets see, i run now 25 pulley, and i run the front tires 1 to 2mm smaller than the rear now i know this sounds not right but it works for me,the shor i mostly run is 40, and after 45mm with the right setup the tires are the same,but very much smaller,now if i mess up on the setup of the car the rear tires wear faster, i try to balance the car as much as i can,but when i try the 24 pulley the car changes to much and is hard to drive. push is sometimes cozed by the car not being balanced, front to rear side to side and rear to front,i did try 24 this weekend and it was @#$% then back to 25 and was great, and the front shocks try the 1.3 pistons
Old 09-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

push-understear....while entering corner
this may be cuz the car dosent roll to the front and side well for the track at that time.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
what shore are you running?
I was running 40's and 42's, It didn't matter, it was good traction, just high wear.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Mr Foolz is confused, traction at Fort Myers is horrible and because of this, tire wear is also horrible. Before this track was sealed, it was brand new asphalt unsealed. There was NO tire wear for that year and 1/8 scale cars were putting in 3 more laps in 5 minute qualifiers. But the new asphalt started to buckle up and crack in places, so it was ground flat and the whole track sealed. Now its gripless, but still a bunch of fun.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
ok lets see, i run now 25 pulley, and i run the front tires 1 to 2mm smaller than the rear now i know this sounds not right but it works for me,the shor i mostly run is 40, and after 45mm with the right setup the tires are the same,but very much smaller,now if i mess up on the setup of the car the rear tires wear faster, i try to balance the car as much as i can,but when i try the 24 pulley the car changes to much and is hard to drive. push is sometimes cozed by the car not being balanced, front to rear side to side and rear to front,i did try 24 this weekend and it was @#$% then back to 25 and was great, and the front shocks try the 1.3 pistons
I get your idea regarding 24T vs 25T side pulley.

I think I'm going to try 25T pulley for NO overdrive and see how is the handling would change. Is it going to drive easier or harder. I have to find out how much nicer vs wear rate.

I assume using 24T could make the rear tires wear less than with 25T.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 427 COBRA
Mr Foolz is confused, traction at Fort Myers is horrible and because of this, tire wear is also horrible. Before this track was sealed, it was brand new asphalt unsealed. There was NO tire wear for that year and 1/8 scale cars were putting in 3 more laps in 5 minute qualifiers. But the new asphalt started to buckle up and crack in places, so it was ground flat and the whole track sealed. Now its gripless, but still a bunch of fun.
I agree that it was MUCH better before it was sealed, but still there was traction.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Front Spool

Guys,

Is there a FRONT SPOOL for the MTX-4, I just do not like the One Way, could you direct me to where I can that part online, Thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BeBop
Guys,

Is there a FRONT SPOOL for the MTX-4, I just do not like the One Way, could you direct me to where I can that part online, Thanks
the only one i know is and its ok is the 3racing one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.