R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-20-2006, 01:18 AM   #3121
Tech Champion

other mishaps :

1. Mechanic turn on the receiver, start the engine, but forget to connect the throttle linkage.

2. low batt situation

3. throttle linkage break away after impact with another car.

What do you mean with "something u din want 9 mths later?? "
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:32 AM   #3122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 9 months later

Because you didn't use a rubber!!!!!!!!!! Band LOL
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:41 AM   #3123
Tech Champion

I'm getting confused ..... In the begining I already wrote "Yes, I use rubber too whenever possible".

OK, enough of rubber band things.....

3racing hop up are out yet ?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #3124
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg8one
SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEEN USING RUBBER BAND SINCE I START RACING GAS
In fact, there was a rule that enforced a mechanical carb closing device for just in the case you got a blackout on your receiver pack (is that rule still in the rulebook?) besides a failsafe, NOTHING than a return spring or a rubber band can close your carb if you run out of juice and avoids rundowns and full throttle smashess to the nearest concrete wall (don't know why, but a car without Rx battery, loves them. )
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #3125
Tech Master

never had a chicken run
i alway take my time to build my car and recheck everything so i dont have to runin to any kind of trouble
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #3126
Tech Champion

How often do you guys rebuild the car ?

I set my service interval @ 3 to 4 months of use, complete with cleaning & polishing, and of course including the hardest part : bearings cleaning + re-oiling.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #3127
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

between each meeting to make sure there are no broken bearings and to make sure the car is in race conditon so it wont crap out in a race, everyone should do this I see some people at the club and their cars are covered in crap and they dont usually do thatt well at all
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #3128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Same here, before every race. Already I found some things wrong, that being the belts. Some of the side belt teeth are starting to crack. This is after only one race.

I reccomend everyone use the rubber belts. Also, the V-One RRR side belt will fit on the MTX-4.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #3129
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I reccomend everyone use the rubber belts. Also, the V-One RRR side belt will fit on the MTX-4.
Same here, I use the rubber belts aswell last longer and makes the drivetrain more free

I also noticed that the standard belts started cracking but only slightly after a couple af race's and on one of the standard belt's about half the teeth ripped of the belt in a 20 min A final. lucky I finished the race in the podium.

the urethane belts don't break the teeth just dissapear.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #3130
Tech Champion

I wish I have enough time to rebuild the car before every race meeting. I have too many cars to take care.

My friend tell me to have only 1 car each for GP and EP, so I have enough time to take care.

I can't believe you guys rebuild the car before every race meetings.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #3131
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
I wish I have enough time to rebuild the car before every race meeting. I have too many cars to take care.

My friend tell me to have only 1 car each for GP and EP, so I have enough time to take care.

I can't believe you guys rebuild the car before every race meetings.

god i love ur avatar
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:45 PM   #3132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris West
Same here, I use the rubber belts aswell last longer and makes the drivetrain more free

I also noticed that the standard belts started cracking but only slightly after a couple af race's and on one of the standard belt's about half the teeth ripped of the belt in a 20 min A final. lucky I finished the race in the podium.

the urethane belts don't break the teeth just dissapear.
I have almost 3 gallons of fuel on my car. I just had to replace the side belt which is rubber. I replaced the front and rear urethane belts just because I have a 60 minute main to run tomorrow. They both look brand new. I don't know if you do this, but I never use denatured alcohol, or anything else for that matter when cleaning my car. I just use compressed air. I put on a set of the rubber belts as they definitely roll better than the urethane belts.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #3133
Tech Champion

I clean my belts with Armour All ( white liquid ). I haven't change my belts since new. I wipe the belt after race...... it's quite hard to clean the front and middle, but do able.

It's almost 1 years old now ( mtx3 ).
Old 01-22-2006, 12:51 AM   #3134
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have almost 3 gallons of fuel on my car. I just had to replace the side belt which is rubber. I replaced the front and rear urethane belts just because I have a 60 minute main to run tomorrow. They both look brand new. I don't know if you do this, but I never use denatured alcohol, or anything else for that matter when cleaning my car. I just use compressed air. I put on a set of the rubber belts as they definitely roll better than the urethane belts.
I take my belts off before I clean my car with brake cleaner and air compressor, so its not any chemicals that are causing my belts to crack. It was mostly the side belt (gone through 2 belts) and ive done one front belt aswell but ive never gone through a rear belt on either of my cars ive just replaced them just in case. Its not my pulleys either I keep them clean as (no crap between each teeth).

Scott wats the surface like that you race on?

Chris
Old 01-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #3135
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I have only raced on prepared surfaces. The only tracks that my MTX4 have been on so far are the Silver Bowl Raceway (las vegas), Revelation Raceway and Crystal Park Raceway (both in southern california). As I said, they are all clean and prepared dedicated raceways. Perhaps a dirtier track is causing your belt cracking? It doesn't sound like you are having any major issues, as belts do wear out no matter what you do.