V-ONE S Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

hey brain i'll come to the tracks on sat u can show me how much of a l33t u r around the tracks teach a noob how to race these little things, thanks for the info v one s i might try it out tomorrow i probably get some new tyres all my tyres are wonky i want to have good handling rather than outright power heehee hey dazza thx for the pic, which way is too make it more rich/lean???? for the lo speed....

Last edited by PhiLLaY; 04-13-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

further away is moves power band UP the rev range, bring it closer, moves it down
It's actually the other way around, the shorter the pipe/header assembly gets higher rpm, the longer pipe gets more torque .

regards

Luis
Old 04-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well Guys,
I am off to the LHS, well the L part of that is about 3 hours drive away. Will take my broken GS15R and see what they think, I rang them yesterday and it may be under waranty, if not they will sell me another complete engine for $80.00 so either way I will have another.

When I bought the car I bought it home and built it then ran the engine in just as they told me. When I took it back there for its first free service, the guy there said it was run in pretty good, and he tuned it and that is where the settings have stayed, so he is fairly confident Dawn Trading will warrant it.

Heres Hoping. Still I think $80 for a new one is a good price.

See yas tonight

Darren,

Ohh Thought I would leave yas with a pic.
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-conrod.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sp Racer
It's actually the other way around, the shorter the pipe/header assembly gets higher rpm, the longer pipe gets more torque .

regards

Luis
true,...

btw Luis,... I remembered you were interested in my hand-made pipes. I have difficulties to post a pic directly to this forum. will you PM me your e-mail address so I can send you pics of available pipes?

regards

Kris
Old 04-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by dazza
Hi Ben1112,
I think there is a few questions you need to answer. And keep in mind I am new to this too.

Where will you drive it?

Will you race it?

How much do you want to spend?

I have now got 2 V-One SII's and I love it, but i have found you need a couple of hop ups, like, 2 speed, and some aloy pulleys. I only drive mine for fun as we dont have a club here.

Dazza
The scene here in Singapore is quite good i think. i plan to race it at a track beside a hobby shop (hobby bug, marina south).

i am looking forward to a more competitive car (i owned a kyosho alpha 2 GP and some 1/28). i plan to race it against my friends who is getting a tc3 or v1s and i will jump on any chance for competitions held by kyosho or something simliar.

a ARR kit here cost 400SGD and i plan to get maybe a 2pl along with it... but i am worried that the v1sII might not be satisfactory as it had been ard for awhile and there might be some better choice?
Old 04-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Sp Racer

regards

Luis
Thanks for that, I thought i had it around the correct way for once... Oh well, I'll try and memorise it this time... Thanks
Old 04-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

HI All,
For those interested in my broken GS15R engine. The LHS has replaced it under warranty and said It should not have happened and it seemed like it was not my fault. They gave me a new one, so now I need to run it in ... Which theroy should I choose?

Is that Luis from solaspeeed?

If so, on your website you mention excessive crankshaft backlash, the new engine has some, how much is too much, i have about 1mm, should i put one shim in it.

I checked the other GS15R s there (2) and they were about the same.

Anyway I am happy with the results from today.

Regards
Dazza
Old 04-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Dazza, thats excellent that they replaced the engine...

Do you still have the old broken one?

and i think it is Luis from Solaspeed...
Very good site...

the only thing on break in i will say, DO NOT BENCH BREAKIN...
It puts zero load on the crank and can really stuff it around once you load it up...

I will let someone else say whether to use my breakin or not...
But it worked for me...

Also guys, how many Litres should you expect to put through a GS15-r before it dies?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

V-One S,

The one that died ran for 1 litre of 5% and 1 1/2 litres of 10%.

Then Bang !!
Old 04-14-2004, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Hmm... how much have you put through your other motors?

And what are other people getting from theres?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

The other one is still in run in stage, I have only put 225mls through it. Stopped the run in on it till I found out what went wrong with the first one. Now have 2 in run in stage..lol
Old 04-14-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by dazza
Well Guys,
I am off to the LHS, well the L part of that is about 3 hours drive away. Will take my broken GS15R and see what they think, I rang them yesterday and it may be under waranty, if not they will sell me another complete engine for $80.00 so either way I will have another.

When I bought the car I bought it home and built it then ran the engine in just as they told me. When I took it back there for its first free service, the guy there said it was run in pretty good, and he tuned it and that is where the settings have stayed, so he is fairly confident Dawn Trading will warrant it.

Heres Hoping. Still I think $80 for a new one is a good price.

See yas tonight

Darren,

Ohh Thought I would leave yas with a pic.
Hey which motor was it for 80 bucks brand new? the GS 15R?
Old 04-14-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: newbie

Originally posted by ben1112
hi, im new here... i am planning on buying a v1s II.. is it wise to buy now? is it outdated? and there anything better in the range?
The VoneS 2 is pretty new i think. And any V1S is good value. But dazza is right it depends on what you wanna do with it. if you plan to just drive on the tracks for fun then get the VoneS if you plan to use it on the streets just get a tamiya TG-10 or even a smartech VoneS's are fully adjustable and i believe they are the best in the price range! and also they can take a good beating!

And PhiLLapy im not l33t at the track, but i dont crash the l33ts are the guys who drive the pro and expensive cars which i will need to upgrade in about 3 months!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah he paid 80$ for a gs15-r
Old 04-14-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: newbie

Originally posted by BrainTeased
The VoneS 2 is pretty new i think. And any V1S is good value. But dazza is right it depends on what you wanna do with it. if you plan to just drive on the tracks for fun then get the VoneS if you plan to use it on the streets just get a tamiya TG-10 or even a smartech VoneS's are fully adjustable and i believe they are the best in the price range! and also they can take a good beating!

And PhiLLapy im not l33t at the track, but i dont crash the l33ts are the guys who drive the pro and expensive cars which i will need to upgrade in about 3 months!
Lol, the |337$ are the ones who rock up at every second race meet with a brand new, totally different car, trying tobe the quickest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.