Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Consistency???
Chriso wasnt one of your consistencys with the NTC3 something like 0.6 or sumthing?
or was that brett with the NTC3?

Its not that inconsistent when in the right hands.

But then look at my consistency, i think the best i have ever gotten is a 3.9
Old 05-27-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by finchy
ChrisO give me a V on S anyday over the tc3. I've owned a v1s and I'd have to say they are of the most consistent cars doing laps of any track in Australia, before you say but, I've also got a NTC3 which I've tried to run in pro touring and I have to say they are the biggest pieces of S*** that I've ever had to drive. Fragile, inconsistent, torque steering just to name a few problems. Put a high powered motor in the chassis and they just don't cut it. I though the K factory stuff might improve the package a bit but it didn't. Needless to say the car is now up for sale and I have gone back to the Kyosho family ( V1RR , S3 and Rody X12 ). The ntc3 is an excellent car for pull start engines but it's still fragile, I bet you've had to put diff cases and other hop ups on the chassis in an hope to make it a bit stronger. That's my veiw anyway. Good luck with the car.

Graeme
Graeme at no point was i dissin the V-One S, i think is a great car! All though im going to have to disagree with you about beign fragile, iv smashed it around the track to find it happily sitting there idleing at the other end of the finnish line after the 15 min final all in one piece, I have however upgraded the diff cases, shock towers, and chassis supports to alum, I only got the stuff becasuse it looked cool and as a advantage made it bullet proof

Matt, that was Brett that got the .6 cons, I have not been far off it a few times
Old 05-27-2003, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Ok then.
Knew it was either one of u.

I'll have to put my car in your hands one day, if they get the Fairy track open, then u can go for practice and we'll have to try and get enough funding for transponders for the cars on practice days

then u can have a go..

I DONT wanna touch your TC3, i'd prob break it on u.

I wouldnt trust myself driving someone elses car.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ChrisO
Whoa back up big fella, i didnt mean anything like that, i just thought it was funny that pro class gets to run on a larger track, and i said u woulda gotten 3rd and 5th and stuff
Pro doesn't run on a much larger track. Our track's straight is huge because it accomodates 1/5th scale and 1/8th scale... but if the single speeds were to run the full length of the straight then they'd be blowing conrods left right and centre. So... the straight is cut out 6/8ths of the length and we miss out on the sweeper .

Wasn't me that said I would've got 3rd and 5th, just passing on a message !
Old 05-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

IS all you need to do the front one way mod the one way sahft? also with the blue aluminium diff case do you need to get anything else for it?
Old 05-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by phildee
IS all you need to do the front one way mod the one way sahft? also with the blue aluminium diff case do you need to get anything else for it?
IS all you need to do the front one way mod the one way sahft?
what??????

also with the blue aluminium diff case do you need to get anything else for it?
Yes , a bearing to suit!..I forget the size but ask when u buy the case.

gt

Old 05-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Wasn't me that said I would've got 3rd and 5th, just passing on a message !
Didnt mean to bag ya dude, just found it funny cause i always forget about the shorter track and end up thinking us pro guys gotta get our finger out, the VoneS's are doing the same laptimes.
Then I realise

I reckon the track the single speeds run on is about 2-3sec shorter on and 18 sec lap, not really 2/3.

regardless Its good to see you doing well, we need more guys in those classes that can take it up to the clubs that have a heap of good drivers in Stock and Pro Stock.

DC
Old 05-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by OZDC
Didnt mean to bag ya dude, just found it funny cause i always forget about the shorter track and end up thinking us pro guys gotta get our finger out, the VoneS's are doing the same laptimes.
Then I realise

I reckon the track the single speeds run on is about 2-3sec shorter on and 18 sec lap, not really 2/3.

regardless Its good to see you doing well, we need more guys in those classes that can take it up to the clubs that have a heap of good drivers in Stock and Pro Stock.

DC
Do you have or ever use one of those setup stations that tell you all the camber and toe angles and stuff? I can get the Eagle/Integy one for $100 with the carry case, but I don't wanna buy it if it's gunna be a waste of money. I reckon half my angles are outta whack !

What's your opinion?
Old 05-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Setup Station

Ryan,

Like most things its personal preference, I dont own one, mainly because I cant justify the price, but for $100 i cant see you going too wrong.

If you check out the STS forum here http://www.melbournecityrc.com/forum/default.asp you will see my 2003 STS pro 10 build and setup document. At the back of that I show how to do a setup using a few simple tools (ride height gauge, camber gauge etc).

I use this method and have for years, give it a go and see how far out of whack your angles are.

Is it as accurate as a setup jig? No but if done with care not too far off.

You decide (Pesi or Coke )

DC
Old 05-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
what??????

Yes , a bearing to suit!..I forget the size but ask when u buy the case.

gt

I mean do you need any other parts to use the front one way diff
Old 05-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Setup Station

Originally posted by OZDC
Ryan,

Like most things its personal preference, I dont own one, mainly because I cant justify the price, but for $100 i cant see you going too wrong.

If you check out the STS forum here http://www.melbournecityrc.com/forum/default.asp you will see my 2003 STS pro 10 build and setup document. At the back of that I show how to do a setup using a few simple tools (ride height gauge, camber gauge etc).

I use this method and have for years, give it a go and see how far out of whack your angles are.

Is it as accurate as a setup jig? No but if done with care not too far off.

You decide (Pesi or Coke )

DC
God that must have taken you yonks to write !
Old 05-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by phildee
I mean do you need any other parts to use the front one way diff

I dont think so, I bought hardened outdrives but im not sure whether or not they are mandatory, I hope that is a v-one-s one way and not a v-one-r!!!

gt

Old 05-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Do you have or ever use one of those setup stations that tell you all the camber and toe angles and stuff? I can get the Eagle/Integy one for $100 with the carry case, but I don't wanna buy it if it's gunna be a waste of money. I reckon half my angles are outta whack !

What's your opinion?
I can get the Eagle/Integy one for $100 with the carry case, but I don't wanna buy it if it's gunna be a waste of money.
If you can get that for $100 and dont you should be tied up and bitchslapped . (mind you there are people on this forum who pay for such services)

gt

Old 05-28-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

I dont think so, I bought hardened outdrives but im not sure whether or not they are mandatory, I hope that is a v-one-s one way and not a v-one-r!!!

gt

This is the one I want to order
1, VZW021 Front Oneway Shaft ( V-One S )

but still depends on funds
Old 05-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you can get that for $100 and dont you should be tied up and bitchslapped . (mind you there are people on this forum who pay for such services)

gt

I agree, and if you dont want it, pass the details on to me so i can get it.

squizzy - i dont have to pay for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.