Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

fark how nice does that heatsink look on that S

and what the heck is that on the micro brett?
Old 05-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

some sort of thing that runs on compressed air that makes power but that dont look like no genny
Old 05-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
As tempting as it may be ...Im not going to single anyone out and I will now declare my bitching over now.............."Bastard Squizzy" has left the building!

Phildee, the sony "500ex" does seem the way to go but I know what is going now for $1100 will be $700 in 4-6 months time, speed isnt really that crucial as ive got USB2 and its fu(king blistering anyway.(10 x usb 1 to be exact)
What are doing at uni anyway, sounds like it may be IT related???

gt

Im doign a double degree in commerce/computing. I always though usb 2 was about 480M/bit and usb 1 was 11M/bit?
but that doesnt matter as a its not the usb2 that controls the speed its the burn speed, most newer stuff now is 4x which will do a full dvd in about 15 - 20 mins just liek a 4x cd burner will do a cd in that time.

Ive spotted the sony 500el at www.i-store.com.au for $950 if that sonds any better
Old 05-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Nice pictures at Shizuoka!

This one

gt

That doesn't look much different at all. At least they include the SP heatsink with the kit engine . But the fuel tank with the primer... the fuel tank's probably solved the fuel delivery problems, but it'll create more with the primer in it ! It's an improvement in some areas but it's not worth rushing out to get one to replace one if you already have one (if that makes sense ) .

At least they're trying new things !
Old 05-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by phildee
Im doign a double degree in commerce/computing. I always though usb 2 was about 480M/bit and usb 1 was 11M/bit?
but that doesnt matter as a its not the usb2 that controls the speed its the burn speed, most newer stuff now is 4x which will do a full dvd in about 15 - 20 mins just liek a 4x cd burner will do a cd in that time.

Ive spotted the sony 500el at www.i-store.com.au for $950 if that sonds any better

phildee
Indeed you are right on the speed! I love pissing people off by burning direct cd>cd in 3 minutes flat!

V-One S Racer
I personally think the new tank is designed about the same dimensions as the v-one-r so everyone will upgrade. Its the changes that we cant see that will make it interesting, mind you, dont expect to see it in Oz for about 4-6 months.

gt

Old 05-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

phildee
Indeed you are right on the speed! I love pissing people off by burning direct cd>cd in 3 minutes flat!

gt

yep goto love that
Old 05-18-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the tank is the same as what was used in the Spider Mk2...it was pretty good and gave little trouble !
Old 05-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default CRASH

I lost power in the car and as a result it hit a wall at almost max speed. the chassis was bent in 3 places and tears flowed
i will post pictures soon.
the reson power was lost is because i was using DICK SMITH battery holders, I should have known better but i used them none the less. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh

Anyway does anyone have an old chassis for a v-one-s, an used one that they want to sell to me.
Please contact me at [email protected].
Old 05-18-2003, 01:44 AM

Talking Thankyou once again!

Squizzy, you are the man .
Are the new V-one-S better than the original???
I'm going to oder one soon and I'm wondering if I should hurry and get it before the new V-one-S's arrive
Old 05-18-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Thankyou once again!

Originally posted by V-one-S
Squizzy, you are the man .
Are the new V-one-S better than the original???
I'm going to oder one soon and I'm wondering if I should hurry and get it before the new V-one-S's arrive

Its hard to say really, we'll just have to see when they come out, i would like to see the other side of the car though, that radio box etc has me intrigued

Lue, I knew a guy who fitted a v-one-r tank to a spider and it went straight in pretty well. I think the primer is a gimmick though, they always leak and carry on

gt

Old 05-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: CRASH

Originally posted by deane
I lost power in the car and as a result it hit a wall at almost max speed. the chassis was bent in 3 places and tears flowed
i will post pictures soon.
the reson power was lost is because i was using DICK SMITH battery holders, I should have known better but i used them none the less. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh

Anyway does anyone have an old chassis for a v-one-s, an used one that they want to sell to me.
Please contact me at [email protected].
Deane, if you have a springmaker in your area take the chassis there and they can press it for you, it will take 20 sec's and they probably wont even bother charging you

gt

Old 05-18-2003, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Lue, I knew a guy who fitted a v-one-r tank to a spider and it went straight in pretty well. I think the primer is a gimmick though, they always leak and carry on
the VoneR tank would probably have to be the "logical" upgrade I reckon (heaps better than the mk2 tank) as it has the same hole spacings...the receiver box looks like the box on the GS vision RTR to me...what do you reckon?
Old 05-18-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

The servos are position better now i reckon on the new V1S.

But yeah, the fuel tank looks really wierd on the V1S
Old 05-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

yeh i quite like it
Old 05-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: CRASH

Deane, if you have a springmaker in your area take the chassis there and they can press it for you, it will take 20 sec's and they probably wont even bother charging you

gt

I am near hornsby in sydney, dont know if you know the area. will try what you suggested. It just hurts so much!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.