Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My car (1999 TH Magna Advnce) i bought from the auctions was supposed to cost me an arm and a leg to insure due to my age (24) and i havent had comprehensive insurance before. so when time come to insure they asked if ive had any driving experience even previous jobs using company vehicles, i had a few years behind me with a clean record and they gave me a whopping 70% no claim bonus!!!

cant relly argue with that

I heard mitsubishi are joing the ranks with holden and ford in the V8 supercar series with some multi million dollar rear wheels drive V8 magna. anyone got any deails on this?
Old 05-08-2003, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

i can show u a pic of the v8 supercar magna
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-magnav8supercar1.jpg  
Old 05-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

cool! so have they chosen any drivers? will it be a rallyart?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by nitro dave
My car (1999 TH Magna Advnce) i bought from the auctions was supposed to cost me an arm and a leg to insure due to my age (24) and i havent had comprehensive insurance before. so when time come to insure they asked if ive had any driving experience even previous jobs using company vehicles, i had a few years behind me with a clean record and they gave me a whopping 70% no claim bonus!!!

cant relly argue with that

I heard mitsubishi are joing the ranks with holden and ford in the V8 supercar series with some multi million dollar rear wheels drive V8 magna. anyone got any deails on this?

It wont happen it the near future (working for a Toyota/Mitsubishi/Mercedes dealership I have Info)
evesco whom controls the Touring Car series are very protective over what they Have after the fiasco that was created in the early nineties with the major inrush of european cars which nearly wiped out the V8 series as we new it.
The last time this came up was about 4-5 years ago when toyota
wanted to spec up an Avalon to compete against the holdens and Fords. Evesco wanted any form of commitment and or a 5-10 year plan from them on thier plans for motorsport development and guess what......they wouldnt do it, and accordingly the toyota never raced. Holden and Ford invest millions of dollars not only into thier R&D facilities and testing etc but they also financially back many of the teams in the way of subsidised engine parts, body parts etc to help keep this racing viable and alive.
No japanese company considers Aust a big enough market to invest this type of commitment in, and quite frankly if they did, evesco would be within thier rights to protect the proven formula which they run now.

gt

Old 05-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

i can get a shitload of info but unfortunatly the page is temporarily down

basically mitsubishi wanna join then want to take the v8 supercar racing series around the world so that means racing in japan europe etc.... but avesco said they will only embrace the idea if the fans embrace it, and now holden are ford are really pissed off and hold are threatening to start cutting down there spending on the sport

ill get the info when the site is back up
Old 05-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

can you post the site please, wouldnt mind having a read.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

To put it simply and easily.

Mitsubishi must first build an ALL australian, except for engine, RWD car.
Then they need to get a V8. Now mitsubishi say they have no intention on building a V8, so therefore they asked Chrysler, the american counterpart, who at this point in time havent even batted an eyelid at giving them a V8.

Mitsubishi has been trying to enter the V8 series for the past 4 years.
If you listen closely on the commentating sometimes u could pick up comments on them joining, but not talking heaps, just passing comment.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sausage_link
i can get a shitload of info but unfortunatly the page is temporarily down

basically mitsubishi wanna join then want to take the v8 supercar racing series around the world so that means racing in japan europe etc.... but avesco said they will only embrace the idea if the fans embrace it, and now holden are ford are really pissed off and hold are threatening to start cutting down there spending on the sport

ill get the info when the site is back up

This was my point exactly, Supercars are a proven formula here in OZ, there arent that many countries in the world where V8s are used in production so they dont get the V8 thing!
A new company walks in and wants to change everything to suit thier own corporate agenda, The formula gets taken overseas and we lose all control over what is a very OZZY class of racing, next thing youve got heaps of Japanese cars racing and no Aussie cars and next thing NO SUPERCARS.......not good

gt

Old 05-09-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

we should all decide then
if they take it away
we make up our own race thingy, we'll use bone stock cars, wack on some tyres, roll cage, saftey stuff

and go for a drive like they used to.
how fun aye?
Old 05-09-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by V-One S
we should all decide then
if they take it away
we make up our own race thingy, we'll use bone stock cars, wack on some tyres, roll cage, saftey stuff

and go for a drive like they used to.
how fun aye?
Why bother... it's not gonna happen... I won't let it !

New Zealand's as far as it's gonna go !
Old 05-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

I do belive this is called the V-ONE S Thread and not the V8 supercar bitching thread.

Please, keep this on topic
Old 05-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ChrisO
I do belive this is called the V-ONE S Thread and not the V8 supercar bitching thread.

Please, keep this on topic
Yeah... that's what I was thinking, but I had to have my 2 cents first .

Ok boys... back to the subject .
Old 05-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

says he who drives an NTC3, lol

hey chris, u still playing nitto?
do u have problems after u drag the comp that it wont let it save and u have to restart?
Old 05-09-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

do u have problems after u drag the comp that it wont let it save and u have to restart?
what has that got to do with anything?

Save on nitto??? wtf! mine works fine
Old 05-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Think before you start hyper-ventialting and writing silly things young man !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.