Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JeffT72
Thanks i didn't know i could shim there. Does anybody know what size shims for 1st and 2nd?
dimensions 10x11.5 or 10x 12 formaly we call them copper ring or alouminioum ring ,,,,and the width is according to what space you need ,,,these rings can be 1mm or 2 mm
Old 02-28-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all your help. I finally got the bearing i need and the gears work perfectly.

On more question. Will the novarossi top elite 21 5 port buggy engine work well on the gt2?
Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JeffT72
Thanks for all your help. I finally got the bearing i need and the gears work perfectly.

On more question. Will the novarossi top elite 21 5 port buggy engine work well on the gt2?
i have tried all the p5 versions ,,,top elite 5 is based on p5 .its going to work perfect ,its the only engines all the nova 5 port that they can handle big gearings ....and when i say big i mean 18-22 gears ...specialy with 17-21 you feal the midle power and the good torque of elite 21 -5
Old 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

also with elite 5 you have to use manifolds 41001 for top end 41005 for midle to top and the pipes 9886 or 9853
Old 02-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nick m
also with elite 5 you have to use manifolds 41001 for top end 41005 for midle to top and the pipes 9886 or 9853
Thanks for your help nick!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys!

It's been a long time since Protoform Race Bodies turned it's attention toward the 1/8th GT class. We'll have a big announcement at the end of the month. The first Protoform GT2 body will become available. It fits all the criteria laid out in the ROAR body rules for this class. We did the GT2 length body first because it's a bit easier to license than the GT1. (a little less wonky looking) The shorter GT1 version will be available within a couple months.

It's realistic and very functional - for sanctioned ROAR competition or any other non-sanctioned type racing. I hope you guys like it!

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROAR GT8 body rules:
E) • Bodies must be factory licensed replicas of the aforementioned street or race cars, but no “race-only” bodies are permitted. Bodies based on Daytona Prototypes, or the odd Super GT cars that are not representative of a commonly available street car, are not permitted.
F) Bodies must include full front and rear fascia’s, and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes
G) Bodies must be fully detailed in order to compete in ROAR competition. The body must have visible window, body panel and trim markings, and the windows must be mostly clear. Some intrusion for creative painting purposes and tinting is permitted, but the windows must be transparent. Bodies must have headlight and grill detail.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
Hi Guys!

It's been a long time since Protoform Race Bodies turned it's attention toward the 1/8th GT class. We'll have a big announcement at the end of the month. The first Protoform GT2 body will become available. It fits all the criteria laid out in the ROAR body rules for this class. We did the GT2 length body first because it's a bit easier to license than the GT1. (a little less wonky looking) The shorter GT1 version will be available within a couple months.

It's realistic and very functional - for sanctioned ROAR competition or any other non-sanctioned type racing. I hope you guys like it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROAR GT8 body rules:
E) • Bodies must be factory licensed replicas of the aforementioned street or race cars, but no “race-only” bodies are permitted. Bodies based on Daytona Prototypes, or the odd Super GT cars that are not representative of a commonly available street car, are not permitted.
F) Bodies must include full front and rear fascia’s, and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes
G) Bodies must be fully detailed in order to compete in ROAR competition. The body must have visible window, body panel and trim markings, and the windows must be mostly clear. Some intrusion for creative painting purposes and tinting is permitted, but the windows must be transparent. Bodies must have headlight and grill detail.

That's great news! I need a new body , but kyosho gt2 audi body replacement prices are simply ridiculous. Good to hear from Proto coming out with 360mm bodies!! Awsome!
Old 03-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

I thought you didn't need a replica body? There is not a replica that is being ran right now sweeps body for instance is a company design body which I think is cool. But I still cant wait to see what you guys have but why the gt2 first no one races the gt2 kyosho?
Old 03-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjez
I thought you didn't need a replica body? There is not a replica that is being ran right now sweeps body for instance is a company design body which I think is cool. But I still cant wait to see what you guys have but why the gt2 first no one races the gt2 kyosho?
bigjez;

Re-read the last sentence in my first paragraph.

Dale - Protoform
Old 03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

bigjez;

Re-read the last sentence in my first paragraph.

Dale - Protoform
gotcha
Old 03-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys!

ROAR GT8 body rules:
finaly some good news for gt class ,,,kyosho bodies are not good for high speeds ,i am sure protoform bodies will update the aerodynamic design in an other level
Old 03-19-2016, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers Protoform. As said before actual GT2 bodies aren't good for high speeds and ridiculously expensive. Will be buying one as soon you get them in stock.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nick m
finaly some good news for gt class,i am sure protoform bodies will update the aerodynamic design in an other level
Hi Nic;

It's definitely a winning body style in the real world. Air is all the same - no matter how big or small the object is that it's flowing around.

Dale - Protoform
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-2016rolex24-me-jan-mag.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dale, Should we take the photo of you and Jan as a hint????
Old 03-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hmm.....yellow V?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.