Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Given the photo and Protoform's tendency to favor US marques the Corvette seems like the obvious choice, but maybe he's trying to throw us for a loop. Either way I'll be buying one as soon as it's available!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys;

Did any of you watch the 12 Hours of Sebring last weekend? I thought the finishing order was perfect! Especially in the GTLM class.

The many different brands in this class are all so close in performance, while differing so dramatically in size, shape and design. The racing is about as good as it's ever been in the 40 years I've been watching road racing. These are "the good old days".

The next big one: 24 Hrs of Le Mans. It will be awesome!

Dale - Protoform
Old 03-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All I have to say is that Jan took one heck of a ride before hitting the wall! The rain was crazy. Le Mans is going to be awesome.
So when are you going to start teasing us with a short chassis body???
Old 03-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question for everyone, I am looking for a source for Kyosho titanium screws. The last time I ordered some my LHS got them for me, but that source is no longer available and I don't have a LHS. I found A-main has some but I would like a single place to order from. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mcsquish
All I have to say is that Jan took one heck of a ride before hitting the wall! The rain was crazy. Le Mans is going to be awesome.
So when are you going to start teasing us with a short chassis body???
mcsyish;

Ya, if Jan didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. Having his kid back in an F1 car that same weekend probably took a bit of the sting out of his day.

Short chassis version for GT1? It will be ready in about 6 weeks. I'm kinda slow at this stuff.

Dale - Protoform
Old 03-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daleepp
Short chassis version for GT1? It will be ready in about 6 weeks. I'm kinda slow at this stuff.

Dale - Protoform
Sometimes late is better than never. I currently race a non-Kyosho chassis but I would rather be running a body that looks like a "real" car and still works than what is available now. Don't get me wrong the current bodies work good, but I miss running my K-car with the Corvette body since that is how this class originally started.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tried Evolva clutch upgrade on gt2

Hello all... i have read through the post and thought i had everything i needed....I tried the evolva clutch upgrade on my 2 shoe trans gt2 with clutch and gears and I can't figure out what spacers are needed between 1st and 2nd pinions. Original gt2 clutch spacer between 1st and 2ND gear wont fit over first gear section of evolva vs058. I went to home depot but there washers seem too tall height wise too work.can someone provide the correct info on shims to order and possibly a Chicagoland chain store that may have what i need? I have been at this for three days trying to figure it out.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default NEW Protoform C7-R Corvette

Here ya go guys! As promised.

http://racepf.com/on-road-1-8/chevro...lear-body-gt2/

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 04-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

That's a beauty! Where are those wheels from?
Old 04-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modelcitizen
That's a beauty! Where are those wheels from?
Wow, that looks good! Great price too! Me buying!
Old 04-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by modelcitizen
Where are those wheels from?
They look like the gunmetal version of the Kyosho IFH wheels (IFH002GM).

Looks great Dale! Very well done. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve, the short and long wheelbase GT body market is still wide open and I'd love to see more variety.

Last edited by BOOCAKE4U; 04-03-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, I'm experiencing massive brake fade with any brakes I try (fiberglass dicsc, original Kyosho Inferno metal discs and Sworkz metal discs) so I'm wondering what do you guys consider to be "the best" brakes? I don't drive a Kyosho but I do use its 2-speed so this thread should be the most relevant to my problem
Old 04-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Hi guys, I'm experiencing massive brake fade with any brakes I try (fiberglass dicsc, original Kyosho Inferno metal discs and Sworkz metal discs) so I'm wondering what do you guys consider to be "the best" brakes? I don't drive a Kyosho but I do use its 2-speed so this thread should be the most relevant to my problem
SP brake pads IFW330 used to be the best but I think they are discontinued. Remember that a good servo throttle servo is also very important.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

New proline version of GT2 corvette looks great. Should be durable like many other proline bodies.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by orangecrushmont
Hello all... i have read through the post and thought i had everything i needed....I tried the evolva clutch upgrade on my 2 shoe trans gt2 with clutch and gears and I can't figure out what spacers are needed between 1st and 2nd pinions. Original gt2 clutch spacer between 1st and 2ND gear wont fit over first gear section of evolva vs058. I went to home depot but there washers seem too tall height wise too work.can someone provide the correct info on shims to order and possibly a Chicagoland chain store that may have what i need? I have been at this for three days trying to figure it out.
I used aluminum crush washers found at ebay.
Fra 999212 and fra 999216 are the part numbers i used. Exact size and lightweight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.