Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blarks
Thanks nick m. Any ideas where to get a k factory type hinge pin to replace the e-clip pins and is there are a part number for the straight cut diff gears?
also the kyo if 106 for straight cut diff
Old 11-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nick m
also the kyo if 106 for straight cut diff
the correct no for straight cut set is to use kyo if 106 and kyo if 21
Old 11-09-2015, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the correct no for straight cut set is to use kyo if 106 and kyo if 21
Thanks again nick m. I found the gears, what seems to be the problem with the helical cut gears, other manufactures use them, are the kyosho ones a weak material?

I still can't seem to find any k factory hinge pins from amain in fact when i click on k factory in "all brands" there is only one product. There are many similar types of hinge pins by other manufacturers for their cars but nothing specifically for the gt2. At a bit of a loss here other than trying to trying to see if a set will fit from another vehicle maybe.

I just found some racers edge (k factory) pins on amain but they are discontinued.

ok edit again, I may have found some at a couple of places but I will need to confirm with them they are actually available as they seem to be becoming extinct.

Last edited by blarks; 11-09-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks again nick m. I found the gears, what seems to be the problem with the helical cut gears, other manufactures use them, are the kyosho ones a weak material?

I still can't seem to find any k factory hinge pins from amain in fact when i click on k factory in "all brands" there is only one product. There are many similar types of hinge pins by other manufacturers for their cars but nothing specifically for the gt2. At a bit of a loss here other than trying to trying to see if a set will fit from another vehicle maybe.

I just found some racers edge (k factory) pins on amain but they are discontinued.

ok edit again, I may have found some at a couple of places but I will need to confirm with them they are actually available as they seem to be becoming extinct.
I have it in my GT2, Racers Edge (K Factory) hardened hinge pin set for MP777, part number RCEK8034. One of the best hop ups you can get for your Inferno GT. Hurry up buying, according to Amain and another websites it's out of production.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by danyvw
I have it in my GT2, Racers Edge (K Factory) hardened hinge pin set for MP777, part number RCEK8034. One of the best hop ups you can buy. Hurry up buying, according to Amain and another websites it's out of production.
too true danyvw, I am having a hard time getting some, I found some at rcboyz, went to checkout and noticed postage was $135usd + $39usd for the pins = $174usd = $246aud another place wanted $40usd postage = about $85usd, postage will have to be a lot lower for me to justify buying these, still looking but it could be e-clips for me
Old 11-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

too true danyvw, I am having a hard time getting some, I found some at rcboyz, went to checkout and noticed postage was $135usd + $39usd for the pins = $174usd = $246aud another place wanted $40usd postage = about $85usd, postage will have to be a lot lower for me to justify buying these, still looking but it could be e-clips for me
i was also looking couple of years back to change the e clips but finally i did not to both of ny gt2 ,ofcourse the 777 hinge pin set is better if you are litle crashing the car ,,,oups or if you are assempling and dissasempling tha arms ,in the beginning of my driving experience i was loosing the e clips because of crashing accidents ,after a while and with better experience i dont mesh with them any more,what gears are you using at your gt2.-,_:
Old 11-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

check also some solutions from this company,http://m2cracing.com/searchquick-sub...?keywords=2510
m 2 racing-sorry m2 c racing
Old 11-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

i was also looking couple of years back to change the e clips but finally i did not to both of ny gt2 ,ofcourse the 777 hinge pin set is better if you are litle crashing the car ,,,oups or if you are assempling and dissasempling tha arms ,in the beginning of my driving experience i was loosing the e clips because of crashing accidents ,after a while and with better experience i dont mesh with them any more,what gears are you using at your gt2.-,_:
At the moment I have only the stock gearing and as its currently the old 2 speed setup, I believe the gearing will change once I get the new 2 speed.

check also some solutions from this company,http://m2cracing.com/searchquick-sub...?keywords=2510
m 2 racing-sorry m2 c racing
Yes I have seen the m2c stuff thanks nick m but I can only see stuff for the st-rr, will these fit the gt2? I think I had asked them some time ago and they said they wouldn't fit but I may be wrong.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

At the moment I have only the stock gearing and as its currently the old 2 speed setup, I believe the gearing will change once I get the new 2 speed.

Yes I have seen the m2c stuff thanks nick m but I can only see stuff for the st-rr, will these fit the gt2? I think I had asked them some time ago and they said they wouldn't fit but I may be wrong.
here is a comment from an other thread .The other thing that I found that really helped handing for this car is the M2C front anti-dive kit http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=82 . The GT2 is built with a lot of caster in the front. This jacks weight into the inside front tire when the car is turning. This jacking causes the rear inside tire to be lifted off the ground making the car loose from the middle of the turn to the exit. The M2C front anti-dive kit has different inserts that can be put into the A block (the one at the very front of the car) so that you can minimize the amount of total caster which makes the car have better corner entry with much better rear traction from the center of the turn out. I ran either the 3 dot or 2 dot down inserts in the A block. This M2C anti dive kit is the best performance upgrade available for the GT2 in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

here is a comment from an other thread .The other thing that I found that really helped handing for this car is the M2C front anti-dive kit http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=82 . The GT2 is built with a lot of caster in the front. This jacks weight into the inside front tire when the car is turning. This jacking causes the rear inside tire to be lifted off the ground making the car loose from the middle of the turn to the exit. The M2C front anti-dive kit has different inserts that can be put into the A block (the one at the very front of the car) so that you can minimize the amount of total caster which makes the car have better corner entry with much better rear traction from the center of the turn out. I ran either the 3 dot or 2 dot down inserts in the A block. This M2C anti dive kit is the best performance upgrade available for the GT2 in my opinion.
I was looking at those too, obviously they fit the gt2, so does the rear toe block system
http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=82
also fit the gt2?
Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

I was looking at those too, obviously they fit the gt2, so does the rear toe block system
http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=82
also fit the gt2?
according to the infirmation from other threads the rear toe block system also fits ,all this package after comunicating with m2c racing its a serious ugrade that worth the money spend.as far as the hing pin set that i found in my local hobby is crazy expensive ,so after you remind me the benefit of this upgrade i am goin to make hing pins my own ,i have the old style cnc and i can also make the thermal procidure for hardening,here in grrece everything about hobby is over rated they asked me 200 euro for the hing pin set
Old 11-10-2015, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

after upgrading also your transmition with th kyoigw008,you can have the best gearing with kyovs 058 clutch bell and kyofm 540-17 first gear and kyo fm541-21 second gear,just qurious what engine are you are using.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

after upgrading also your transmition with th kyoigw008,you can have the best gearing with kyovs 058 clutch bell and kyofm 540-17 first gear and kyo fm541-21 second gear,just qurious what engine are you are using.
I find that 17/21 is good for a +.21 (.25, .28 or .30) but too tall for any .21 engine, for a good revving .21 a short gearing is better, most of the time 15/19 will do the trick.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by danyvw
I find that 17/21 is good for a +.21 (.25, .28 or .30) but too tall for any .21 engine, for a good revving .21 a short gearing is better, most of the time 15/19 will do the trick.
sometimes depends from the track condition its true dany 17-21 might be long gearing ,me myself cause i modify my engines i use even 18-22 ,last test i tried with flash 21 pt and yes this one wanted 15-19 ,with 7 port rally modified and if i dont destroy the engine ---yes i have destroied enough--17-21 works fine in long tracks and specially in oval track,today i also tried a modified off road toro nero with efra 2052 ,yes call me crazy it was a stupid project but finally after mofifing the crank the sleeve and with 8.5 venturi the torque of the engine was totally spining with 18-22 ,even stock some people say the off road 7 port from nova is good for gt2 cause they have enough torque
Old 11-10-2015, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

sometimes depends from the track condition its true dany 17-21 might be long gearing ,me myself cause i modify my engines i use even 18-22 ,last test i tried with flash 21 pt and yes this one wanted 15-19 ,with 7 port rally modified and if i dont destroy the engine ---yes i have destroied enough--17-21 works fine in long tracks and specially in oval track,today i also tried a modified off road toro nero with efra 2052 ,yes call me crazy it was a stupid project but finally after mofifing the crank the sleeve and with 8.5 venturi the torque of the engine was totally spining with 18-22 ,even stock some people say the off road 7 port from nova is good for gt2 cause they have enough torque
You are not crazy my friend. I have a TNS modified .21 Picco EMX-WC that revs to the moon, with a 9886/41032 the best gear is 15/19 for regular tracks but for speed runs is 16/20 (getting around 65 MPH) Also I have a TNS modified Legend 25 that with the same pipe combo and 17/21 is getting 67 MPH whith plenty of wheel spinning even with a softer clutch, maybe I would try 18/22.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.