Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Guys i do have the front shocks both front and rear. The caster i do have i think its 22 degrees. it is the standard caster that comes with the buggy.. as for the springs i did use the high rate ones from losi..these springs are used in the oval cars that losi used to make. I dont think they have so much k constant as the kyosho ones though..

Yes i had a basic camber and toe ine setup. i did have 3 degrees rear and 2 in the front and 2.5 toe for rear and 2 toe out in the front..

As for the differential lock i can use 500 000 oil which almost makes solid instead of using putty.. isnt that ok?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by didrace
Guys i do have the front shocks both front and rear. The caster i do have i think its 22 degrees. it is the standard caster that comes with the buggy.. as for the springs i did use the high rate ones from losi..these springs are used in the oval cars that losi used to make. I dont think they have so much k constant as the kyosho ones though..

Yes i had a basic camber and toe ine setup. i did have 3 degrees rear and 2 in the front and 2.5 toe for rear and 2 toe out in the front..

As for the differential lock i can use 500 000 oil which almost makes solid instead of using putty.. isnt that ok?
My chuckling is not out of disrespect.........it's almost a reaction from my pain the other day when I encountered the same 'spinning' scenario. I was using some old GRP tires to breakin a new motor. Could NOT accelerate without the car 'swapping ends'. Spooky told me to try limbering up the 'old' rubber with a treatment of SIMPLE GREEN (cleaner). Give that a try or take up 'drifting'...
Use some new Sweeps when you get ready to race though!!!!

As for the caster angle, you've got the worst of the bunch on there.....the stock GT caster I've been told is supposed to be about 17 deg. The 'options' for the buggies are 20 and 22 deg and neither of those is what you want when you start trying to stick the car in a turn and try to outrun another car. I am totally disenchanted with the excessive caster that Kyosho refuses to remedy. The Serpent GT has options to minimize the caster and the TeamC is even 'outslithering' the Snakes when their amazing caster dives in....under the Cobra. If you're going to run it as a GT, I'd be trying to minimize that caster.

Just a 'hint' ; your emails and phone calls to Kyosho fall on deaf ears to ask for the 'relevant' changes needed for the Kyosho GT <<<<<notice SHORT chassis emphasis !!!!......to compete with Serpent and TeamC.

And to conclude.....my perfect Kyosho GT car would be purchased as a

1) short chassis
2) reduced caster specs (somewhere around 12 deg not 17, 20 or 22)
3) the improved 'bonded brakes' (where 1 set is quite sufficient)
4) motor mounts w/out motor on car
5) CVDs installed at all wheels
6) increased options for gearing the '2-shoe' transmission
7) and 777 steering setup
8) a 'short' body........or not, I love the PF8 just fine
9) NO Kyosho wheels or tires please

Call it the 'Naked Racer', like the 'Superbike' builders, no frills....all business !!!

WOW...that felt good to unload that.........I hope it benefits a GTer or more.

The above RANT sponsored by TEAM MONGOOSE
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM
C@T
Tech Adept

What I do not understand with tons of hop ups available for the car, that there is nobody making a caster block fitting the need of the racers out there.

Somthing like 7° or 10° total would be a burner.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Unfortunately these companies aren't paying attention to what's winning on the tracks around the country. Kyosho and now Ofna only offer long chassis , while short cars are winning everything. Not enough gear options from most , and the caster issue is a problem on many of the cars. We all continue to mod out our own version of these cars while they sit by giving us the wrong things.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

hey hello guys listen I will keep my kyosho gt2 this year because i think that car is the strong and resistant car in the market, i did some chance using another car front/rear camber link with all cvd and my car was very competitive last season with serpent the only different between serpent/kyosho is the weight but i think is they push the rule to everybody have the same weight everything gonna be different , I know that kyosho don't put attention at all those chance and new competitive car i'll hope this year they understand that thanks guys
Originally Posted by spooky 1
Unfortunately these companies aren't paying attention to what's winning on the tracks around the country. Kyosho and now Ofna only offer long chassis , while short cars are winning everything. Not enough gear options from most , and the caster issue is a problem on many of the cars. We all continue to mod out our own version of these cars while they sit by giving us the wrong things.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by manny021803
hey hello guys listen I will keep my kyosho gt2 this year because i think that car is the strong and resistant car in the market, i did some chance using another car front/rear camber link with all cvd and my car was very competitive last season with serpent the only different between serpent/kyosho is the weight but i think is they push the rule to everybody have the same weight everything gonna be different , I know that kyosho don't put attention at all those chance and new competitive car i'll hope this year they understand that thanks guys
Yeah Manny, I love my Kyosho GT.....I find it difficult to give it up but I have to weigh the level at which I want to compete. After seeing your response, I thought I would throw out the following challenge........

KYOSHO USA or Japan.....REPRESENT the Kyosho GT/GT2 by sending a 'factory driver' to one or more of the upcoming GT8/IGT events. I'm going to the race in LA and the Timezone GP. It would be quite a sight to see the Kyosho 'try' to take on the Serpent Cobra GT and the TeamC/OFNA cars. You guys may get a 'REAL' sense of what is needed by your loyal fans that move from 'RTR-wannabe-racer-dudes' to the diehard weekend racers that lurk close under the skin. (WE ARE MANY)

If you can't 'Man-Up' to this challenge, I'm formulating plans for 'million-racer-march' on your facility......banners are in the planning phases and quote for 1000 bullhorns is being sought.

Can Steve Pond drive or not ??????
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I am running 300k in the front diff and 30k in the rear.

Lee
Thanks Lee for your fast answer & the help, sorry for the late reply. Do you have Ipanema Warrior GT Body? or you know were i can buy it?

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
My chuckling is not out of disrespect.........it's almost a reaction from my pain the other day when I encountered the same 'spinning' scenario. I was using some old GRP tires to breakin a new motor. Could NOT accelerate without the car 'swapping ends'. Spooky told me to try limbering up the 'old' rubber with a treatment of SIMPLE GREEN (cleaner). Give that a try or take up 'drifting'...
Use some new Sweeps when you get ready to race though!!!!

As for the caster angle, you've got the worst of the bunch on there.....the stock GT caster I've been told is supposed to be about 17 deg. The 'options' for the buggies are 20 and 22 deg and neither of those is what you want when you start trying to stick the car in a turn and try to outrun another car. I am totally disenchanted with the excessive caster that Kyosho refuses to remedy. The Serpent GT has options to minimize the caster and the TeamC is even 'outslithering' the Snakes when their amazing caster dives in....under the Cobra. If you're going to run it as a GT, I'd be trying to minimize that caster.

Just a 'hint' ; your emails and phone calls to Kyosho fall on deaf ears to ask for the 'relevant' changes needed for the Kyosho GT <<<<<notice SHORT chassis emphasis !!!!......to compete with Serpent and TeamC.

And to conclude.....my perfect Kyosho GT car would be purchased as a

1) short chassis
2) reduced caster specs (somewhere around 12 deg not 17, 20 or 22)
3) the improved 'bonded brakes' (where 1 set is quite sufficient)
4) motor mounts w/out motor on car
5) CVDs installed at all wheels
6) increased options for gearing the '2-shoe' transmission
7) and 777 steering setup
8) a 'short' body........or not, I love the PF8 just fine
9) NO Kyosho wheels or tires please

Call it the 'Naked Racer', like the 'Superbike' builders, no frills....all business !!!

WOW...that felt good to unload that.........I hope it benefits a GTer or more.

The above RANT sponsored by TEAM MONGOOSE

HI Jerry,

In Response to your comment, it’s true that the car needs some upgrades and some work in order to be competitive with the other brands but as soon as this works are done the car run like a champion. The most important upgrades for me are the following:

As you mention before:

1. Short Chassis (i run this one)
2. Transmission Upgrade (2 Shoe Type)
3. I only use CVD in the middle (will upgrade to wheels now)
4. I upgrade to Carbon brakes
5. I am using another camber links in the car, since the Kyosho ones were too difficult to adjust camber.

Regards,
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Cant believe no one scooped this up, just for the chassis

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...reat-deal.html
Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vision
The optional shocks are great. I used them on my twin battery gt2. See pic below. Yes you can use the silver or blk springs with them.

interesting.. the description for the shocks says that you need different springs to work with these shocks. and those are 1.4 vs the 2.2 stock.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

u can still use stock springs with the optional shocks
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Batteries are for flashlights.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Batteries are for flashlights.
What power source do you use on your radio electronics?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vision
The optional shocks are great. I used them on my twin battery gt2. See pic below. Yes you can use the silver or blk springs with them.

Which tierods are those ? Thx
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...w-mounted.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.