Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default spur gear

Does anyone know someone that will make a 40 tooth spur for the new transmission for the GT2 RS?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by rfordrford
Does anyone know someone that will make a 40 tooth spur for the new transmission for the GT2 RS?
Are you asking that because you saw my Kyosho GT run 40/46 at the Airtronics Race in L.A. this past weekend????

I was using 43/46 in the B Main and managed a 2 lap win over 2d but in the qualifiers there were too many cars spanking me on the straight. I had an hour to the A Main and answered the menacing little voice in my head that keeps me using the 'old style' clutch so that I have the option to 'run tall'. I put in my 40/46 and found the 'drag race' quite exciting although the incredible speed just hastened the demise of my old set of tires.....did not bode well for cornering but I am still enjoying the 'mind video' of the speed on the straight.....worth the experiment.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Are you asking that because you saw my Kyosho GT run 40/46 at the Airtronics Race in L.A. this past weekend????

I was using 43/46 in the B Main and managed a 2 lap win over 2d but in the qualifiers there were too many cars spanking me on the straight. I had an hour to the A Main and answered the menacing little voice in my head that keeps me using the 'old style' clutch so that I have the option to 'run tall'. I put in my 40/46 and found the 'drag race' quite exciting although the incredible speed just hastened the demise of my old set of tires.....did not bode well for cornering but I am still enjoying the 'mind video' of the speed on the straight.....worth the experiment.
No I didn't see it but if you have any video I would love too see it. I just want the options that the 40/46 offers without the problems associated wih the old tranny
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I saw in an earlier post that someone has used REVO springs with great results on their GT's. I wanted to know if anyone has used these from rc4less:
http://www.rc4less.com/product_info....9b6fc483cff892

And if they had a positive or negative experience with them. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Smile revo no no

Originally Posted by J-milz
I saw in an earlier post that someone has used REVO springs with great results on their GT's. I wanted to know if anyone has used these from rc4less:
http://www.rc4less.com/product_info....9b6fc483cff892

And if they had a positive or negative experience with them. Thank you.
One of our GT8 racers tried the 'red' spring revo shocks on a Kyosho GT and ended up doing a 20 minute 'pit bash' to return to Kyosho parts and fix bad setup before his Main. Difference was incredibly good. I would not recommend the revo setup if you are running Kyosho GT but maybe the guy that is having success with it can get you to benefit from them.

This brought to you by guy with 'cheesy grin'........1st place B Main GT, Airtronics Grand Prix, L.A. ......
Old 03-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Drive shaft availability

I'm retro fitting a GT1 chassis to my GT2 (with 'new' transmission from Kyosoho) and trying to come up with a part number for the front drive shaft....

Nothing I have Kyosho GT wise works - all are too long. I was digging around in some old Inferno parts that I have and came up with a shaft that fits - but it's smaller in diameter. Obviously NOT sure what effect that will have so I'm still looking for the correct one. IF my memory serves me correctly, the 'new' transmission takes up more space, therefore I'm not even sure if a 'stock' GT1 shaft will work....

Help!!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Been there.... This is what you need
http://www.igthobbies.com/KYOSHO-KYO...ECe_p_328.html
Old 03-31-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks!!! Got one coming!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys i'm new to this site and i like a lot of experts on this thread mmm well recently got my inferno gt2 race spec and im thinking to keep it stock for now the only upgrade i make is the motor i got a axial 28rr and i was wondering if that motor will be fine for my inferno ??? thanks guys *carlos*
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by paponsito
hi guys i'm new to this site and i like a lot of experts on this thread mmm well recently got my inferno gt2 race spec and im thinking to keep it stock for now the only upgrade i make is the motor i got a axial 28rr and i was wondering if that motor will be fine for my inferno ??? thanks guys *carlos*
The Axial .28RR2 will be much more power than the 'stock brakes' and those stupid tires on brittle rims will be able to handle. I've used the Spec1, 2S, and the RR2 with great success. The engine will outrun your brakes and unless you get some 'performance tires', you'll be eating curbs. (I like SWEEPS)

(1st bump from B Main to A....Airtronics GP in L.A. GLARCC...GT8)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
The Axial .28RR2 will be much more power than the 'stock brakes' and those stupid tires on brittle rims will be able to handle. I've used the Spec1, 2S, and the RR2 with great success. The engine will outrun your brakes and unless you get some 'performance tires', you'll be eating curbs. (I like SWEEPS)

(1st bump from B Main to A....Airtronics GP in L.A. GLARCC...GT8)
its not the same motor on the box says 28rr spec 1 idk if is the same or not lol and ive got this slick rubber tires for it so idk how that will work on this this is my first 1/8 on road car so i want to run it the right way thanks for you helping me out on this jerry
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Well, it's meeeee again......

Honestly, this car WILL get together eventually.... Now to the front chassis brace - interferes with my dual front brakes....

Solution??? I've considered removing one of the brake discs but that seems a bit extreme; the chassis mount is too tall and interferes with the front disc. I can't see raising the transmission as a solution.

Low profile front brace mount???

Does the original GT even HAVE a front brace - doesn't look like it in the exploded drawing I have but there's a hole in the chassis for it AND it prossibly would work with the 'old' tranny.....

Tie front plate to the tranny plate???? Looks possible but way too complicated....

Re-drill the front brace mount on the chassis?? Another possibiility I guess.....

Help!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by Chris K
Well, it's meeeee again......

Honestly, this car WILL get together eventually.... Now to the front chassis brace - interferes with my dual front brakes....

Solution??? I've considered removing one of the brake discs but that seems a bit extreme; the chassis mount is too tall and interferes with the front disc. I can't see raising the transmission as a solution.

Low profile front brace mount???

Does the original GT even HAVE a front brace - doesn't look like it in the exploded drawing I have but there's a hole in the chassis for it AND it prossibly would work with the 'old' tranny.....

Tie front plate to the tranny plate???? Looks possible but way too complicated....

Re-drill the front brace mount on the chassis?? Another possibiility I guess.....

Help!
Don't despair Chris....you are about to sneak up on the fix....

Are you saying that your 'dual brakes' are both on the front end of the transmission?? I've seen that detail with the older 'fiber pads'. You need to get a set of the 'bonded' brake pads that work really well in a single setup. I've used those with the 'special' disc or the 'stock' metal disc. The 'special' brake dics is the only one i've ever seen 'blow-up' on my car.....so, the stock discs work just fine. You just need the superior function of the 'bonded' pads. One set of brakes works great and has great adjustability for your driving style.(remember to use ballpoint pen spring or such to keep pads off disc for cooling..and 'smooth shoulder bolts' so that disc pads don't 'hang up' on bolt threads)

I've 'tweaked' enough chassis to be able to say .....yes, use chassis braces.

There IS a chassis brace that ties the front diff area to the transmission top plate but I couldn't find it in my 'bookmarks'.....I'll look again and check if that was for a 'short' or 'long' chassis.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

this special brake pads ( bonded pads ) have superior performance against the original ones , and a single brake system gives what youŽll need ....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Pad-MP777-WC

this ones ok

Guga
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Bingo - had some stashed away!!!! Brace installed and brakes installed and pretty close to ready for alignment!!!

Thanks so much guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.