Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

in place of the washers you can find a piece of aluminum and make the holes corresponding to the engine mount and gain height without danger of flex moves in the engine block ...

i have no photos but i done this kind of alternative in cars of customers who bought new engines that came with the recoil .... is safe and easy ....you will only need a metal saw and a 3 mm drill to make the holes ... or a dremmel
Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Its been a while, but I saw a car that has used 4 of the bottom motor plates, 2 on each side to raise his motor up, he had ground some material off the motor mount as well, He may have changed gearing to keep his mesh right.

Sorry this is pretty weak info...he was trying to sell it so I looked at it for a minute and I decided I wanted to wait and save up for a Serpent or Team C since I already have 2 Kyosho GT's.

I am sure with a dremel and creativity it will fit.

Last edited by utah300rum; 02-15-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default KGT / Nova Rules

Hi All, just got back from destroying a line of serpent gt / max power phantom, serpent gt / picco TORQUE .12 EDOMOD X-TYPE and kyosho gt / LRP ZR.32. I on the other hand or should I say my son and I went to war with a Kyosho GT / NOVAROSSI KEEP-ON XLS FULL Ceramic and we pi**** on them all (course racing and drag racing) , we only stopped when one of the serpents tried too hard and over shot a tight bend and ended up smashing into a tree and twisted his chassis (sham), only bad point for me was my ipanema wheels where shredded after an hour of racing had to change to sweep 55 which did not work as well as the ipanema 55 (smaller rear wheel less road contact more wheel spin) made no difference still got enough traction to carry on beating off all challenges and when I turned down the EXPF on my 4PL, my sweeps worked perfectly. Next week (STREET WAR in NW LONDON) should be fun. Really good advise given on this forum nice one to those that ask and those that answer, here is a pic after a light dust down after battle. PEACE
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-image.jpg  
Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by Skawi
Hi All, just got back from destroying a line of serpent gt / max power phantom, serpent gt / picco TORQUE .12 EDOMOD X-TYPE and kyosho gt / LRP ZR.32. I on the other hand or should I say my son and I went to war with a Kyosho GT / NOVAROSSI KEEP-ON XLS FULL Ceramic and we pi**** on them all (course racing and drag racing) , we only stopped when one of the serpents tried too hard and over shot a tight bend and ended up smashing into a tree and twisted his chassis (sham), only bad point for me was my ipanema wheels where shredded after an hour of racing had to change to sweep 55 which did not work as well as the ipanema 55 (smaller rear wheel less road contact more wheel spin) made no difference still got enough traction to carry on beating off all challenges and when I turned down the EXPF on my 4PL, my sweeps worked perfectly. Next week (STREET WAR in NW LONDON) should be fun. Really good advise given on this forum nice one to those that ask and those that answer, here is a pic after a light dust down after battle. PEACE
Wow, good to hear a Kyosho success story.......good job......

I'm not picturing high enough temps in the UK for 55 shore right now and if you are below 70 deg. F I would grab some 45 shore Sweeps, you'll 'decimate' the field and pick up that 'sqreeeeeeech' in the corners.

Contact Sweeps for the proper info but I'm sold on the Sweeps and have seen the difference in car performance 'catching' the temperature match of those great tires. (I haven't even got the newer 'inserts' yet.......that was YET....)

Good Job for you and your son........

(Jerry........Team Mongoose Kyosho GT8.....)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Wow, good to hear a Kyosho success story.......good job......

I'm not picturing high enough temps in the UK for 55 shore right now and if you are below 70 deg. F I would grab some 45 shore Sweeps, you'll 'decimate' the field and pick up that 'sqreeeeeeech' in the corners.

Contact Sweeps for the proper info but I'm sold on the Sweeps and have seen the difference in car performance 'catching' the temperature match of those great tires. (I haven't even got the newer 'inserts' yet.......that was YET....)

Good Job for you and your son........

(Jerry........Team Mongoose Kyosho GT8.....)

Nice one jerry just ordered 2 sets of 45, you are right about UK temp but there is so much heat being put down that the 45 gets worn quickly hence I went for 55 which don't wear too quick. For tomorrow street race I will be using the 45 so all will be DESTROYED, just need to decide if I should use a three shoe clutch combo or 4 shoe fioroni. I need to get a ipanema body as some people swear by them having very good air flow, my GT body does not have good air flow but the one man band show with ipanema is not meeting demand as the only shops you can buy from don't have them all good, I will look to try and min the bad air flow I am getting trough the car which just causes drag.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I will probably stack some aluminum on and then dremel whatever rubs. I did stack the pieces that I had and it looked like the right side will be very close to the center dogbone, but should be good with some effort.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I have managed to dremel the chassis out a bit, as well as part of the motor mount plates. I have pictures ready, but my post count limits me right now. Not the best craftsmanship, but for using a dremel for the first time, I'd say it's pretty good.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone have any experience with part # KYOIF211?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by !prjctmax!
Anyone have any experience with part # KYOIF211?
just to put your engine a bit up if you need it ..... in the past i use this part on my kyosho truggy , cause my pullstart is bigger than the motor block .... and i put it to put my engine higher .... thats all bro

guga
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just giving u inferno guys a heads up if anyone has been lookin or purchased anything infernos that some guy has been selling on ebay . about a week ago he had listed 2 inferno GT1 and 2 inferno GT2 audi cars . if you bought them dont send payment as this guy is total scammer . I made a deal with him and paid him $250 and he sent me a box of moon sand instead of a hopped up inferno Gt that was suppose to come with a ferrari body and bmw body . He goes under ebay undername Deathgodd111212 , his name is supposedly Russel Davis out of brooklyn NYC
this is the listing I got screwed over on
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281064999279...84.m1439.l2649
I have since filed a case against him so well see how this goes , I hope no one else got duped by him

these were his other listings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281064642199...84.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281064643685...84.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281064645548...84.m1438.l2649
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Pls Advise! Buy GT2 or Race Spec?

FloJo, sorry to hear about that.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and am returning to r/c cars after taking a 10+ year break.

I am considering getting an inferno GT2 or GT2 Race Spec and need your advice. Currently my local hobby shop has a new GT2 (w/ A4 body) for $440. Should I buy it at this price? Do you think this is good value?

I notice that there are differences b/n GT2 and GT2 Race Spec in both the cars and radios. The shop owner told me the differences aren't big and the savings over buying the Race Spec is worth it.

I don't plan on seriously racing anytime soon but I want the chassis to be somewhat "future proof" if I take it more seriously in the future. My understanding is that the upgrades/parts are interchangeable between the GT2 and GT2 Race Spec due to the same chassis. This is why I am considering the GT2 as it doesn't seem dated.

FYI - My very last car was the 1/10 on-road nitro Inferno GP-10 back in 1993 (I feel old!) with shaft drive. I recall it was the very first on-road inferno and it was released prior to the 1/10 nitro Super-Ten (belt drive). I am going to try to run my GP-10 this weekend after being dormant over the last... 10+ years!

Thank you all in advance.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bescacho
FloJo, sorry to hear about that.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and am returning to r/c cars after taking a 10+ year break.

I am considering getting an inferno GT2 or GT2 Race Spec and need your advice. Currently my local hobby shop has a new GT2 (w/ A4 body) for $440. Should I buy it at this price? Do you think this is good value?

I notice that there are differences b/n GT2 and GT2 Race Spec in both the cars and radios. The shop owner told me the differences aren't big and the savings over buying the Race Spec is worth it.

I don't plan on seriously racing anytime soon but I want the chassis to be somewhat "future proof" if I take it more seriously in the future. My understanding is that the upgrades/parts are interchangeable between the GT2 and GT2 Race Spec due to the same chassis. This is why I am considering the GT2 as it doesn't seem dated.

FYI - My very last car was the 1/10 on-road nitro Inferno GP-10 back in 1993 (I feel old!) with shaft drive. I recall it was the very first on-road inferno and it was released prior to the 1/10 nitro Super-Ten (belt drive). I am going to try to run my GP-10 this weekend after being dormant over the last... 10+ years!

Thank you all in advance.
I would not recommend the GT2 because it doesn't have the updated 2-speed which is an absolute must have. The Race-Spec will have more than enough of what you are looking for.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
I would not recommend the GT2 because it doesn't have the updated 2-speed which is an absolute must have. The Race-Spec will have more than enough of what you are looking for.
+1

The old transmission is garbage that does nothing but strip gears. To replace it will cost you about $80 for the new one which is a drop in.

Lee
Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

bescacho, I saw that guys listings and they all looked very shady due to the lack of actual descriptions from the seller, 0 feedback, and odd pictures.

Good luck with the situation.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you all for the kind replies. I am not going to get the GT2 and will look for something else instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.