R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Looking for a nitro car need help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/62950-looking-nitro-car-need-help.html)

racer034life 02-21-2005 02:35 PM

Yea i think the Ntc3 is going to be my choice but i just have to learn to tune a nitro motor. i have been raing my hpi pro2 for about a could months so we will see or i may wait to see if a Ntc4 comes out

Clegg 02-21-2005 02:56 PM

Ive owned a few nitro HPI cars, and yes the plastic quality leaves much to be desired. Also the fit of the parts on HPI's are also hit/miss. It would seem every part I have bought for an HPI fits slightly different than the part before.

I love HPI's but ... they have their issues and their issues are their materials. ANd yes the screws suck, but no more th an any kit's screws do out of the box.

fastharry™ 02-21-2005 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Car Breaker
In my Opinion, NTC3 is better, easier to maintain, tolerance in engine chioce. most important, better material, R40 isn't that good in their plastic parts and their screws sucks. it is true that R40 is easy to tune and drive but other thing is just not as good as NTC3

the R40 plastic is great.....I've taken my car apart 10 times,and every screw hole still tightens.....My nitro tc3 sometimes strips in the second go around....the r40 is sturdier...does not tweak(needing re trimming in the steering) when you glance a board....and has a ton more steering.....(and by the way..the r40 is a more stable platform than the tc3 also...)

I have absolutely NO interest in running my tc3's and longer...sold one,the other one is going in the upcoming season....

racer034life 02-21-2005 05:12 PM

yea i was watching the nats race or something today and the ntc2 with barry baker was in there the car handled will but you could here the car get of te throttle alot to keep it stable around the corners. but hara R40 it was smoken those turns when he was at the IMFAR in 2004. So will see what i can do i may see if i can test drive them both and go from there

Clegg 02-21-2005 05:16 PM

fast harry, you should make it a goal to make posts at least as big as your annoying sig.

just pointint that out.

fastharry™ 02-21-2005 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Clegg
fast harry, you should make it a goal to make posts at least as big as your annoying sig.

just pointint that out.

if you go to the control panel,you can find thread view options where you can block out people's signatures.....I've already done it for avatars so I don't have to look at your cranky looking face in your annoying self portrait avatar....just pointin"G" that out..

racer034life 02-21-2005 08:32 PM

Ding ding ding lets Fight!!!!! ok cool thanks for all the info guys and lets keep it on the track

jrabbito 02-22-2005 08:34 AM

on the R40 Fastharry maybe you can clarify a few things for the thread starter. The R40 in STD trim is heavy (I have heard). What in the way of hopups does it take to get it to a competative weight?

racer034life - Part of the reason the R40 was quick there was the driver. Hara is unbeleivable. BUT he wasn't the fastest there....I have also heard that to get your car to that spec would be very $$$$, but maybe Harry can clarify that.

That being said the NTC3 has done NOTHING at recent events. They didn't even attend the Winternats and Barry Baker went home at the Worlds. Right now they seem a bit behind, BUT if you are not racing at the national level then I must say that it is a VERY easy car to work on. A shaft system requires less maintenance then a belt system.

May I ask why your choice is so limited? You have left out quite a few manufacturers with great cars.

Ciao,

John

Rapid Roy 02-22-2005 10:49 AM

You can get the 2004 spec R40 from overseas for $350 or so that has all the lightened options already on it. There is also a kit available to convert the US standard version to the 04 spec.

Marcos.J 02-22-2005 11:50 AM

Originally posted by fastharry
if you go to the control panel,you can find thread view options where you can block out people's signatures.....I've already done it for avatars so I don't have to look at your cranky looking face in your annoying self portrait avatar....just pointin"G" that out..
Hey Harry nice picture!
http://www.mirageracing.com/graphics.../PICT0116f.jpg

racer034life 02-22-2005 12:43 PM

Nice pictures cause. I love the paint on the cars as will. yea i think im still going to see if i can test drive some ones R40 and see the difference between that and a ntc3.

racer034life 03-02-2005 04:46 PM

So i think im going to buy a Ntc3 guys its a all around good car and since its my first nitro torunig car its easy to clean and set-up. The hpi is a good car but its not got a starting racer.