R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Looking for a nitro car need help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/62950-looking-nitro-car-need-help.html)

racer034life 02-11-2005 11:34 AM

Looking for a nitro car need help

I just got my pro 2 about 4 months ago and i like it alot. But i wanted to know what would be a good nitro chassis. I have seen the hpi R40 and the trinty reflex but i dont know which one i would want. if possible can you all give me some good and some bads about these to chassis.
thank you

Marcos.J 02-11-2005 11:55 AM

Re: Looking for a nitro car need help

Originally posted by racer034life
I just got my pro 2 about 4 months ago and i like it alot. But i wanted to know what would be a good nitro chassis. I have seen the hpi R40 and the trinty reflex but i dont know which one i would want. if possible can you all give me some good and some bads about these to chassis.
thank you

either one the Hpi is probably easier to get parts

racer034life 02-11-2005 12:15 PM

thanks..i just looking a a r40 on the net and it looks like a really easy car to work on and race

Clegg 02-11-2005 02:33 PM

I would recommend a Kyosho FW-05RR, but the parts supply in the US sucks for it currently. Most parts need to be ordered over sea's to get them :(

HPI parts are quite redily available, I question the quality of many of the HPI parts but overall the R40 2004 spec seems pretty good.

I'll stick to my Kyosho though ;)

racer034life 02-11-2005 10:12 PM

not really a fan of Kyosho cars there isnt alot of support here in ohio that i know of. Plus i have heard that they are some what hard to set up

Clegg 02-11-2005 10:18 PM

All cars at a competative level are hard to setup :) Thats what makes em competative, if they were easy everyone would be in the A :D

racer034life 02-11-2005 10:19 PM

Thats every true i do see your point

Rapid Roy 02-12-2005 02:12 AM

I think that the R40 is an easy car to setup and drive. The settings in the manual are really good starting point. There are also Hara's setups from the 1st place finishes from the nationals the last 2 years on HPI's website.

Marcos.J 02-12-2005 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Clegg
I would recommend a Kyosho FW-05RR, but the parts supply in the US sucks for it currently. Most parts need to be ordered over sea's to get them :(

HPI parts are quite redily available, I question the quality of many of the HPI parts but overall the R40 2004 spec seems pretty good.

I'll stick to my Kyosho though ;)

:nod: i love the FW-05R(RR CONVERSION)
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/terri/Picturecar052.jpg
here it is ready to race!
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/terri/Picturecar0611.jpg

bballer 02-12-2005 07:52 PM

for a starter, the r40 would be perfect. Parts support is an issue, like with my g4 its hard to wait a week to get replacements

racer034life 02-12-2005 08:32 PM

yea see this is my first competitive nitro chassis and i want a car i can get parts for some what easy and here in ohio hpi parts are easy to get but the hpi car comes in heavy to others like the serpent 710 or even the FW-05RR so i really dont know what to do.

Marcos.J 02-12-2005 08:38 PM

Originally posted by racer034life
yea see this is my first competitive nitro chassis and i want a car i can get parts for some what easy and here in ohio hpi parts are easy to get but the hpi car comes in heavy to others like the serpent 710 or even the FW-05RR so i really dont know what to do.
i had the r40 is a nice car parts are easy to get , FW-05R i think is a better car in my opinion and it suits my driving style.

racer034life 02-13-2005 04:17 PM

So what about the hpi racer2 i have seen a few of these for sale could i buy one of this and be competitive if i where to use foam tires or can this car even take foam tires. I am just not looking to drop a grand for a new car when i have only driven a nitro car once

Also why is the r40 so heavy and also for the same price of a serpent 710 you can have a fully hop-upped r40 for the same price

racer034life 02-13-2005 04:23 PM

So what about the hpi racer2 i have seen a few of these for sale could i buy one of this and be competitive if i where to use foam tires or can this car even take foam tires. I am just not looking to drop a grand for a new car when i have only driven a nitro car once

Also why is the r40 so heavy and also for the same price of a serpent 710 you can have a fully hop-upped r40 for the same price

Rapid Roy 02-13-2005 10:50 PM

Don't bother with the racer2 if you want to race. It's not in the same league with the R40. I raced a racer2 for years and used it as all the other MFG's came out with new generation cars. Don't get me wrong, I really like the racer2, but it just doesn't have the adjustments you need to race with the newer cars. If you are worried about the weight, get the 2004 spec kit from overseas.

Beleive it or not, a heavier car is easier to drive.