Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Photocycler
I have a friend considering a Cobra, what are the must have upgrades out of the box? Do yu guys also run a Buku clutch or is the serpent clutch pretty good?
Out of the box it greatly depends on how crazy you want to go. My self I grab everything but that's because I like shiny things. My advice would be to grab the plastic 10 deg chubs and a set of Losi 2.0 brakes (Ill post part numbers below). Take the car out from there and see where you want to go with it. The car can be set up in so many different ways and upgrades will only fine tune the car to the driver. Once you figure out where you want to go we can point you in that direction. If you want a full out build like I do I can list those parts as well just let me know.

Parts to get
600136 10 deg C hub plastic
LOSA3545 Losi 2.0 Brake Disc
Old 04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Those are two cheap and great bang for the buck parts recommendations right there.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have a brand new set of zero degree hubs for the Serpent if any one intrested $55 shipped.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Here are a few videos of practice at Floyd today. Andy came by, and Joe let me drive his car :-)

Thanks Joe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=342wq6Ydkko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcGv_NTzJrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Lmgb9jlCw

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 04-06-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Out of the box it greatly depends on how crazy you want to go. My self I grab everything but that's because I like shiny things. My advice would be to grab the plastic 10 deg chubs and a set of Losi 2.0 brakes (Ill post part numbers below). Take the car out from there and see where you want to go with it. The car can be set up in so many different ways and upgrades will only fine tune the car to the driver. Once you figure out where you want to go we can point you in that direction. If you want a full out build like I do I can list those parts as well just let me know.

Parts to get
600136 10 deg C hub plastic
LOSA3545 Losi 2.0 Brake Disc
If its not too much to ask I will like to know your full parts list

tnx
Old 04-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi guys,

Here are a few videos of practice at Floyd today. Andy came by, and Joe let me drive his car :-)

Thanks Joe!

Just curious. What engines (and pipes) are in those?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Great li'l circuit you guys have there! We use the local basketball court but the surface just isn't smooth enough to give good traction.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Just curious. What engines (and pipes) are in those?
In the yellow car it's a Murnan modified Ison GT (5 port) and the header is the short conical double bent. In the Orange car it's a Kappo Rally (7 port) and the header is the round short one.

Both with 9886 pipe

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 04-15-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jickmagger
Great li'l circuit you guys have there! We use the local basketball court but the surface just isn't smooth enough to give good traction.
Thanks! Track is located in Brooklyn NY
Old 04-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Manual or tutorial for C hubs and steering blocks

Is there any manual or tutorial for installing C hubs and steering blocks. I got the 0 degrees (600694 + 600611) but they look different from the stock ones. I 'm a bit confused. 1. How to remove the driveshaft? 2. Why don't the steering blocks have those attachments on top and bottom? The stock ones seem a lot bigger. 3. Do you need to remove the battery/receiver box to install the servo lever steering?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi guys,

Thanks Joe!

nice work
Old 04-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gurke
Is there any manual or tutorial for installing C hubs and steering blocks. I got the 0 degrees (600694 + 600611) but they look different from the stock ones. I 'm a bit confused. Guessing you're working with a RTR car - see the Serpent site to download the instruction manual1. How to remove the driveshaft? - there is a set screw in the center of the axle , loosen that and the pin that drives the hex hub slides out.
2. Why don't the steering blocks have those attachments on top and bottom? The stock ones seem a lot bigger. - the aluminum parts are minimized to save weight , they work fine. 3. Do you need to remove the battery/receiver box to install the servo lever steering?
Should be able to do the steering with the radio box in car (at least in mine built from kit - the servo is upright) - throttle is another matter altogether.

Last edited by Rick Davis; 04-16-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Installation finished, but how to lubricate?

@ Rick Davis
Yes, it's the RTR. I installed them now, thank god there was a little setup manual included with the car that gave me some hints. Nevertheless it took me 3 1/2 hours. And the tuning parts themselves should have a little manual too because they are different from the stock ones. Very confusing.

The only thing that disappoints me is that the steering blocks don't have these little holes to grease the bearings... Any hint on this?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello I currently have a kyosho inferno gt2 right now going to run this summer but it's tired. I want to make the switch to a serpent. I kind of need to know is it better to get the ready to run or the sedan kit. And Does the kit have the upgrades? Please steering me in the right direction.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nomoneymoe
Hello I currently have a kyosho inferno gt2 right now going to run this summer but it's tired. I want to make the switch to a serpent. I kind of need to know is it better to get the ready to run or the sedan kit. And Does the kit have the upgrades? Please steering me in the right direction.
If you are going to race, stay away from the RTR! Not enough adjustments for track conditions. The engine will not be competitive and the parts are terrible! You will spend double just fixing those issues and still end up with an inferior kit. If you're bashing RTR all the way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.