Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Wink

Just build the diffs per the manual.. It will be tight.. loosen the two screws in the bottom of the front diff case, this will take a little of the tightness out.. After running one tank your diff will break in and you can tighten the Two screws back and never have an issue again.

I had this made today.. came out awesome!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Front diff went together beautifully, rear diff a bit tight. I can say that I'm impressed with about 97% of the Cobra kit. I'm with Erchur on the nylon nuts??, Phillip set screws?? (now I have to get a Phillips screwdriver for my toolbox?) Other than that as long as the diff pans out I have no complaints. The quality of the car is awesome. The brake system is awesome. I can't wait to see if it drives as good as it looks. We will see how it runs tomorrow at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter, Texas. Sounds like there may be a handful of Cobra GT's out there tomorrow. I'm excited about the buzz in GT, I think this class may now start growing with Serpent coming in. X-ray????
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

The cars handle like a touring car. Just unreal for such a big car. I knew what they were capable beforehand though because I race for serpent with the offroad products. They have a lot of steering and corner speed. And as anyone who races serpent products knows, the quality can not be beat!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jasoncb
Just build the diffs per the manual.. It will be tight.. loosen the two screws in the bottom of the front diff case, this will take a little of the tightness out.. After running one tank your diff will break in and you can tighten the Two screws back and never have an issue again.

I had this made today.. came out awesome!!!
Jason,

That is a cool hat! Do you have the art work you can share? I'm thinking of having some t-shirts made for personal use.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...=SER600040!SER
For those still looking 1 available hurry up before I make an impulse buy I have test drove it at the track & it handles like a touring car & tons of fun to drive
Old 06-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Build did not go smoothly! Torn diff o-ring (out of the bag, not my fault), unusable clutch spring (bent) and steering turnbuckle with no threads. I've assembled BMT's that went together with less problems. Sent pictures to Serpent USA but no word from them.

5 years without buying serpent products and this is my welcome back gift! Wishing Xray would build a GT Car!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wachsmann64
Build did not go smoothly! Torn diff o-ring (out of the bag, not my fault), unusable clutch spring (bent) and steering turnbuckle with no threads. I've assembled BMT's that went together with less problems. Sent pictures to Serpent USA but no word from them.

5 years without buying serpent products and this is my welcome back gift! Wishing Xray would build a GT Car!
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Our quality is second to none and we stand behind our products. What is your name? contact info? Or email us at [email protected] and we will take care of the problem.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about this, I am sure Serpent will take care of it.

On a side note just curious you joined RcTech in 2004 and have only posted 2 times?? Welcome back and sorry for the not so lucky event, but glad your joining the GT8 class.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...=SER600040!SER
For those still looking 1 available hurry up before I make an impulse buy I have test drove it at the track & it handles like a touring car & tons of fun to drive
Come'on You can do it ......... Someone has to play with Drew
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Sorry to hear about this, I am sure Serpent will take care of it.

On a side note just curious you joined RcTech in 2004 and have only posted 2 times?? Welcome back and sorry for the not so lucky event, but glad your joining the GT8 class.
I hardly ever log in when reading the forums, and never post. Just like to check in every few days to see whats going on.

I felt so frustrated with the GT tat could not resist posting something.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

I hardly ever log in when reading the forums, and never post. Just like to check in every few days to see whats going on.

I felt so frustrated with the GT tat could not resist posting something.
Still waiting on your contact info. Thanks
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Servo Recommendation....

Anyone that has ran the car, what is the recommended sevo specs for steering and thr? Paolo? Anyone?

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

I just built my Cobra GT and had no major issues. I stripped a few flanged screws (about 4 of them). I haven't driven it yet but everything looks great.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by desotoracing
Still waiting on your contact info. Thanks
Sent you a PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

I have built a dozen or more serpent kits and I never had any issue with any of them. I'm sure that what happened to you only happens one in a 100,000 kits. Serpent will be more than willing to take care of the problem, I promise you.

If X-RAY built a gt car it would not be half the car that the Serpent is!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.