Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Stay tuned

Pass you soon...
Old 02-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by GPXJOE
Thanks lil bump! Interested to hear your comments on the performance.but in the first place, I don't have any issues with the current clutch in the first place. I mhave issues with the flyweights. The break all the time!
My car is fairly new still but I noticed that the holes in flyweights have been enlarged. Why does this happen anyway guys?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's either the material is not dense enough or the flyweights are too long that the other causes a bind in the other when there is sudden throttle or sudden break. Just my theory. Either way I hope they make a more durable and correct length one if its too long
Old 02-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There was once one of them had a hole too small that I had to reamer it a bit squeak it in the flywheel for a while until it loosened. Best practice for now is to always check as much as u can and replace especially if it cracks near the hole where it clings to the flywheel.until they make a better one, thats the protocol.but to be fair to them,a brand new one will not crack until after a one hour final that's for sure

In my last 4 races, I never used one set of flyweights for 2 consecutive races with 80minutes total per race which included practice runs.

Fyi I'm the type of racer who likes to have flawless parts before a main final.but that's me

Last edited by GPXJOE; 02-22-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quick Q--- What's the diff gear revision set? part#804259. I'm ordering spares and I noticed this. thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

I been looking at the Dynamis clutch and I wanted to list some of the biggest differences in this clutch and the stock Serpent clutch.

1. All of the clutch pieces are CNC machined "none of the pieces in this clutch seem to be mass produced"

2. I was also told that even the clutch shoes and clutch weights are produced in house.(no outside vendor????)

3. Another big difference is the design of the spring cup and pressure plate.
The spring cup has a machined step in it that will rest into place on the pressure plate when the clutch is assembled. What this does; is that all of the force that is applied to the spring when you tighten it is transferred directly to the pressure plate (not the clutch shoe). The whole idea behind this design is not to distort the clutch shoe when you tighten the spring. Is this a better design??? Only time will tell.

4 The only stock parts that I have found so far; that will NOT fit the Dynamis Evo clutch is the clutch shoe, pressure plate and the spring cup.

5 The spring supplied with the Dynamis clutch is (EXTREMELY) stiff.

I will try to take some pics later this evening.

I'm not here to argue the point of which clutch is better. I'm just stating the differences between the two . I hope this clutch is 10x better than the stock clutch because I spent my hard earned money.

Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 02-24-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Quick Q--- What's the diff gear revision set? part#804259. I'm ordering spares and I noticed this. thanks!
The 747 diff gears have a smoother action and I believe are smaller than the gears that where offered with the 733. Also the 733 diff gears will not fit the 747 diff housing.

Pass you soon...
Old 02-25-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is there a new 747 coming this season?
I was told mid season there will be a new car.
Really hope not, since I made my decision to run this car.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Does any body have a set up for the airtronics race in la
Old 02-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JOE SI
Is there a new 747 coming this season?
I was told mid season there will be a new car.
Really hope not, since I made my decision to run this car.
I've heard similar and I guess as it's a WC year something new will be released just in time for the WC. My guess is it'll be an upgrade to the 747 not a completely new car... Either way it probably won't matter as the 747 will continue to be competitive and you'll be able to see the season out with it id have thought!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent ken
Does any body have a set up for the airtronics race in la
Not that I have a setup for that particular track of course! But I usually look at the last few posted team driver setups and make a best guess to use as a starting point for somewhere new to me. It usually is a good all round setup that I don't really need to change much in the end... HTH?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Dynamis clutch aside for now.....

What setup are you guys currently running in the stock clutch with regard to measurements, flyweights, clutch spring, shoe, end bell etc?? I'm particularly interested in high bite track setups to see if I'm very far from the current trend!!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I've heard similar and I guess as it's a WC year something new will be released just in time for the WC. My guess is it'll be an upgrade to the 747 not a completely new car... Either way it probably won't matter as the 747 will continue to be competitive and you'll be able to see the season out with it id have thought!
Thank you sir, and you answered my next question as well.
That was, will there be an upgrade kit or totally new platform
Old 02-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JOE SI
Thank you sir, and you answered my next question as well.
That was, will there be an upgrade kit or totally new platform
HA! Don't quote me whatever you do the above was just my idea of the situation - I'd prefer an upgrade to a whole new car as I'm used to the 747 and so would like to go to the WC with a familiar platform rather than to learn a new car in short order...
Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Dynamis clutch aside for now.....

What setup are you guys currently running in the stock clutch with regard to measurements, flyweights, clutch spring, shoe, end bell etc?? I'm particularly interested in high bite track setups to see if I'm very far from the current trend!!
I prefer the yellow shoe and steel bell for all conditions. I normally use a clutch gap of .6-.7mm. I use .7 mm if traction is high bite. I use the stock weights and the Serpent 1.8 spring. As for spring tension I always start with the spring fully compressed and then turn it 1 full turn CCW. This is my initial setting and then I tune from this point. Tuning your clutch is all about feel. Setting the spring to a fix number is never the best practice. You should always adjust it on what the track has to offer in terms of grip that day.

Pass you soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.