Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMW
It sounds like one of your front steering hubs might be upside down. If you look closely at them you'll see that there's an extended "lip" on one of the areas where the pivot ball comes out. That extended lip needs to be on the top of the suspension, or else it will limit movement. You can see how it's supposed to be installed in the side diagram of Step C-03 on page 9 (look where it says "2mm").
Thank you i will check this... to be honest i was under the impression that the hubs were interchangable and therefore reducing the amount of spares required.

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 04-01-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by performula
If its anything like the R40 buy something else. That was the most fragile car ever.
i put my R40 on the treadmill for a while
Old 04-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KMW
It sounds like one of your front steering hubs might be upside down. If you look closely at them you'll see that there's an extended "lip" on one of the areas where the pivot ball comes out. That extended lip needs to be on the top of the suspension, or else it will limit movement. You can see how it's supposed to be installed in the side diagram of Step C-03 on page 9 (look where it says "2mm").
KMW: You where correct the hubs were upside down, it is hard to pick up on the recessed part for the carbon fibre bit to screw down onto

We now have a stripped out pivot ball, anyone got an idea how to get it out of the arm now so we can reuse the arm and hub?

Thanks in advance...
Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TAMAK
OFNA JLR starter box is the best bang for the buck!
My question is does it work for sure with the R10? It has a really small cut out around the flywheel...
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ec1
Sorry Bundy_Bear, thanks for the help.

I discovered yesterday that the Xray pullies didnt fit, they are too wide so the c-clip cant be mounted. so we need a new middleshaft and rear 2speed shaft, but as said i cant find any that fits the car

KM has a lot of parts that fits the car thou.........
All good...

Question, I am pretty sure the pinions, spurs and diffs are the same do you know of anything else?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
My question is does it work for sure with the R10? It has a really small cut out around the flywheel...
The JLR box is made specifically for Nitro sedan, I know the wheel on mine is a smaller diameter and thinner wheel than my Ofna compact silver top. You have to make sure that the tip of the wheel aligns with the tip of the flywheel, you should be golden. . I have a NT1, so I dont know if it will work for the R10 specifically But, you are right, the cutout is small! Worst case is dremel..
Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Ec1
Tech Adept

Bundy_Bear, Front axles, rear axles, plastic 20t pulley on the 2speed shaft, f+R Diffs all 2speed gear.
You can also use the MTX-5 alu piwotballs.

My build blog (in swedish): http://rsb.se/arena/showthread.php?7...ge-2013-HB-R10

// Roland Strom
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ec1
Bundy_Bear, Front axles, rear axles, plastic 20t pulley on the 2speed shaft, f+R Diffs all 2speed gear.

My build blog (in swedish): http://rsb.se/arena/showthread.php?7...ge-2013-HB-R10

// Roland Strom
You do know that ur going to get fuel in your receiver right If I were u I would put it in a balloon if ur going to mount it there! Just a thought, hate to see a new car have a run away the 1st day at the track, I don't think hara,Andy,or leenu put there receiver there
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Ec1
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
You do know that ur going to get fuel in your receiver right If I were u I would put it in a balloon if ur going to mount it there! Just a thought, hate to see a new car have a run away the 1st day at the track, I don't think hara,Andy,or leenu put there receiver there
No problem, had several cars with the thereciver in that place. The receiver Will be full of vaselin and then wrapped in a ballon.

Last edited by Ec1; 04-02-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TAMAK
The JLR box is made specifically for Nitro sedan, I know the wheel on mine is a smaller diameter and thinner wheel than my Ofna compact silver top. You have to make sure that the tip of the wheel aligns with the tip of the flywheel, you should be golden. . I have a NT1, so I dont know if it will work for the R10 specifically But, you are right, the cutout is small! Worst case is dremel..
Thanks, my brother has ordered one and will see if it works when it arrives. So far have tried the Team Associated/Thunder Tiger & Mugen box. Otherwise we will have to break out the dremel
Old 04-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ec1

// Roland Strom
Thanks Roland, i thought the KM universals where a different length to the HotBodies ones... The black ones included in the R10 kit remind me of the R40 ones from all those years ago

It would be good if you could show some photos with these parts on the car!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
And how is a Kyosho, Capricorn, Serpent or a Shepherd any different with it sitting out on the other side waiting for someone to t bone it causing a run away? As far as i am concerned only Xray, Mugen and KM got it right with a plastic box included standard.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

nice
Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

What about the extremely hot pipe sitting right there as well? Won't that be a major issue?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goose510
What about the extremely hot pipe sitting right there as well? Won't that be a major issue?
Will have to wait and see, my brother has added some heat relective tape to the side of the plastic brace in an attempt to reflect heat from the exhaust. However the original HPI R40 had it in the same spot but in an enclosed box and i don't remember having issues. I did have heat related issues with receiver on my Team Magic G4S that sat in front of the engine under the fuel tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.