Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo GT-4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HickamHatch
I think it only has a high speed needle.
I thought so because the RTR typically on have high speed adjustment only. Just do the high speed at 2.5 turns. Hopefully that will get you started at least. After that adjust accordingly either richer (CCW) or leaner (CW). Make your adjustments in small increments equal to 1hr on a clock. Also be sure to have a fresh plug that is the proper heat rating and length. I think it takes an O.S. #8 plug. Not sure. Is it the .18 size engine?
Old 06-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Slide carb conversion?

H

Last edited by gt72; 08-21-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Old topic gt4

This is my first post bear with me. I bought a gt4 in 2000 from a guy in camarillo that said he raced it professionally. The car had a bunch of aluminum upgrades and an aluminum top plate which I've only seen once since. I was told which was confirmed by some of the employees at the hobby shop where I met the guy that the following was true. The car had a modified rb concepts x.12 notro engine that was bored to a .18 and had been clocked on radar at 90mph. Now unless he was able to get the 5or six guys I talked to before I bought it to confirm this story then I will have to believe it not to mention the car was do damn fast it gave me that huge rush of being on the edge when hitting top speed. Now I had never owned one of these never raced and it was my first and still only street rc car which I just completely rebuilt for the second time. The first was within the first week I owned it. I was showing it off to my employees outside my shop when at full throttle I hit a damn blue reflector in the road and I swear the car jumped as high as a two story building which seemed to never end but it definitely bounced higher than my building which was close to two stories and it did this at least twice at that height and continued to bounce as it lost it momentum finally resting in the bushes I was surprised that I was able to rebuild it without having to purchase anything other than a bottom chassis plate . I was able to bend the braces and had multiple spare sets of suspension parts but I never did get the car to run like it did until that day. Fast forward to the past few yrs. I started buying parts searing I'd rebuild it to perfection, I pulled it apart and put it all in a box until I bought all new aluminum which is anodized blue except for chassis plates. I still have the same engine which believe it or not fired right up the second time after sitting for fifteen years. The thing I'd do pretty I'm scared to drive it and I'm having issues with the settings and such but I think this car I'd awesome and u see there is a very close copy of it out that looks like it used an identical lower frame. One thing I am looking for as this I'd note of a show piece is aluminum hubs and front and rear suspension blocks /hundreds carriers??...you know what the suspension arms mounts to and axles run through. I have only found them in plastic and If I cant find them I may have some custom made.

thanks for listening to my story. I would like to hear why this car is outdated. I don't know what else can be done to make one of these better than this car. I mean offroad cars are just recently using the pillow ball suspension which I thought was pioneered by cars like this one
Old 07-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Parts available

I have an incomplete car and a bunch of extra parts. Just a few parts short from making it a runner.
I reached out to an old buddy to give him first offer.
but if he doesn't need it and you do LMK. Just cover the shipping.
hope this helps someone get their project completed.
I have to many projects. Letting this one go.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

What'sThe shipping to WA state?
Old 07-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

@vapourtrail
I did end up getting in touch with my old racing buddy. He ended up taking the parts. I hope you are able to find the parts that you need to get your GT4 up and running.