Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by reactor
also take a look at Dhanis car raced in Futaba Cup Indonesia, im observing the spacer dialed on the front shocks i would guess the ride height is somewhere above 5mm, with the rear i cant see clearly how it was set up, he uses the same orange springs.
The front ride height is 5.5mm and rear is 6.5mm for the 45 minutes final. And no, that is not the TM orange spring. I'm using Yokomo SS complete shock set with Rayspeed Red Spring. I think it's around between TM Purple or TM light green spring.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JABRONI
I am pretty sure the results will be posted tomorrow, however, I know that Walter was in the "A", Brad (YBSLOW) just missed it by a fraction and was in the "B", I was in the "C" and others were throughout thevarious mains trying there best !!!!!

Goosein LV was alot of fun, and I'm sure he learned alot from what we trying to help him with , and other than an unfortunate rear end job on the first lap would have done very well.

Brad had some bad luck after taking the whole shot in the "B" and had created a substantial lead until some problems developed that I will let him recap on later.

I had two rear belts go away over the weekend , so I shave to check my alignment or wear patterns on the belts to see what the problem was, Unfortunately it went away with about 6 laps left which left me with only two wheel drive.

All in all a great weekend in Cali at a track with alot of memories of a track that has helped produce some very fast racers that currently race at a competitive national level.

The Cars felt great and performed well, setups for this track will probably not be developed because the track is going to change in design in about a month.
I had some problems in the main also, I started too rich for the main causing a flame out after 4 minutes, then we lean the motor and was better but I was way in the back, then I ran out againg on the second pit and had to start pitting every 4 minutes. Anyways, I managed to get 4th place at the end, so that was good for me with all the problems and that was my third time on that track.
Brad had a great car, his lap times were enough to make the A main on qualifiers but there is always a little luck needed, and in the main he were leading until again the luck wasn't with him.
Hopefully we can fix the problems and do better next time.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default DANIZ24

(Dogbone to a shorter one (52-53mm)

Daniz,

I'm curious as to which type or style of rear dogbone you are utilizing

Brand ? Part #

I personally just buffed off the end of round surface and It worked just fine, however, I am soon needing a replacement set and would rather get something that fits straight out of the box.

It may have been posted somwhere else, but I do not see it as of now.

Scott
Old 08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default goose

we will get the next race it will be 1 big goose party
Old 08-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default go go goose

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GOOSE QUACK QUACK QUACK
Old 08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default GOOSE IN LV

Originally Posted by goosein LV
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GOOSE QUACK QUACK QUACK

You Quack me up!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

yb slow what happen to you in 1/8th this weekend end you left before i got to talk to you
Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Long story short

Originally Posted by mike jones
yb slow what happen to you in 1/8th this weekend end you left before i got to talk to you
Well my car was too rich at the start, started 4th got ass packed by Danny Alvarado on the first lap pulling the upper arm out of the rear upright coming around the light pole on the first lap, I tried to limp into the pits and somehow got hit head on knocking off a front shock and steering tie-rod. Finally got too the pits and fixed most of this stuff pretty quickly. After a couple of more pit stops to lean the motor I came in front of the drivers stand full throttle and the car never let off and flew thru the metal strap and onto the back straight to hit the concrete curb on the back straight. The body came off along with the front shocks, front outdrives, body mount, spindles, and all but the right rear tire. What a shame the car ran a lot of 14.5's in qualifying and I thought the car would be even better for the main. Oh well nothing a couple hundred bucks can't cure.

Later!
Brad
Old 08-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

so danny did take you out we wern't sure or not he says he's sorry for the take out and you can have your body back
Old 08-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default It's cool.

Originally Posted by mike jones
so danny did take you out we wern't sure or not he says he's sorry for the take out and you can have your body back
It is cool. He can keep at as sovenier....LOL! Just trash it it will only bring me back bad memories.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

no problem, you sure it was danny because dannys body was yellow and red not pink and black he change hes body before the race
Old 08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default A little help here please ...

Hi guys,

Just received an invitation to race this weekend a OVAL RACE with my G4/Mongoose ...

All i know (the race is next weekend) about the track is that is 170mts total length and have on the 2 curves a 20° angle to the inside ...

Now, any advice about the setup for this ?, neves run on oval tracks ... the bodies allowed will be touring type (200mm nitro IFMAR Approved bodies). The track its medium grip.

thanks in advance ...

Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default I'm Back

Well....I couldn't stand it any longer. I had recently gotten out of the Mongoose/G4 and went to the Kyosho RRR. After 2 months of trying to get the RRR to corner like the Mongoose/G4, I'm coming back.

A couple of questions:

- One of my main issues with the car before was the clutch system. Just couldn't seem to get it right. and yes, I did have the updated pieces. Does the new Version 2 (UFO clutch) correct this? I sure hope so. If so, I will order it right away.

- Any more news on the new steering system?

- Are the new low friction belts more durable than the gold ones?

thanks.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
Well....I couldn't stand it any longer. I had recently gotten out of the Mongoose/G4 and went to the Kyosho RRR. After 2 months of trying to get the RRR to corner like the Mongoose/G4, I'm coming back.

A couple of questions:

- One of my main issues with the car before was the clutch system. Just couldn't seem to get it right. and yes, I did have the updated pieces. Does the new Version 2 (UFO clutch) correct this? I sure hope so. If so, I will order it right away.

- Any more news on the new steering system?

- Are the new low friction belts more durable than the gold ones?

thanks.
The new clutch UFO works really good, you should have no more problem with it. The new black belts are really good also, better than the old ones.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Rodney get the orange clutch spring to to go with the UFO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.