Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Herrsavage,

Why is it that you always want to blame me when someone else starts a fight with me?

Not trying to bash, just trying to figure out why you're not saying anything about that guy mark who started the crap?

No worry, Time for another pretty GT Warrior body picture.

Every time someone wants to attack our fine product I'll just post a pretty picture of it, its cool I got plenty of them!
Who makes that body?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jspeed, that is some butthurt you got going on right there and the troll succeeded in making it itchy.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Not AGAIN!

Originally Posted by mgodson
Nice to see guy's focused on having fun. Let's keep it that way! Make a point of helping the new guy, keep the racing close, and don't forget to laugh.

Marks's post: I just want to point out a rule that states
Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

So now how is the IPANEMA body legal??? It states attached not molded in?? Just a quick not. I will make sure that the local track know about this.. So not does his body have to run in a different class??? or not at all??
( I wonder how long it will take jeff to see this an blow a gasket)

BOOOMMM!!!

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Mark,

Are you representing Mugen with that moron statment?

The "Gurney Flap" is attached to the body.

Who do you think wrote our rules?

Whats your game jerkoff, looking for a fight?
AND GAME ON.. Let,s meet behind Clete's House

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
I just want to point out a rule that states
Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

So now how is the IPANEMA body legal??? It states attached not molded in?? Just a quick not. I will make sure that the local track know about this.. So not does his body have to run in a different class??? or not at all??
ANNNND THE WAAAY WE GO!

So folks.. i go back and look on the thread to see what was said.. Let's face it after getting a ton of pm's and few calls... I had to see...and started laughing...
You two goof balls must have some past.... Mark..Really!? not pressing any buttons, huh??? Dip .. grow up... Ya shit stirrer!!!
Jeff.. what are you tarded'!! SOOOO ya stepped right in it... you knew it was shit.. but noooo..lets step in it anyway..
Both of you abortions knock it off!!! no more,
WE ARE ALL SICK OF IT!!!
not on my thread.... we are here to share ideas .. show the new guy how much fun this class is and Maybe one day all get a chance to race together and share laughs and beers.. Understood!!? .. good..no one does this again... now that this is solved.. moving on..( that was in my mad parent voice)
For Gods sake.. don make me unsubscribe to my own thread..

Last edited by Clete Landefeld; 06-16-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Clete,

You are absolutely correct, in that I shouldn’t have fed the troll yesterday. For that I apologize to you and the thread’s readers.

Please bear in mind that those trolls are part an orchestrated effort to attack our products anywhere there are public GT discussions.

Unfortunately, their negative attacks are not only limited to internet forum threads like this one, but have actually spilled over to race tracks where GT racers use our products.

These are the realities that exist in our emerging GT racing class and simply wanted readers to be aware it.
I will refrain from entertaining trolls as much as humanly possible, but wish to leave you all with this to think about…..

Why is it that our dealers and loyal customers never attack our competitor’s products?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Post Educate Us!

So Troy has a cool setup of 2 fiber pads and 3 disks.. anyone else like this setup and will it fade over a thirty minute race... My thought is this... It may work well on a "short" course... 100'-125' straight .. but will it hold up to the giant TimeZone Raceway Park..180' + straight with many short straights .. So lots of hard braking... even the sinterd pads I have now will fade if not careful. (I also melted the srew hole in the tower) Take some pictures and let know your ideas...
We got the shim kits on order to take care of the clutch bell issue... I went to a Aluminum shoe to take the wear... any good insight on springs, shoe weight.. etc...
Also.. we all have been talking about diff lube weight.... spit it out boys!! Are you changing this form 100,000Frt and 50,000 Rear?...
Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
So Troy has a cool setup of 2 fiber pads and 3 disks.. anyone else like this setup and will it fade over a thirty minute race... My thought is this... It may work well on a "short" course... 100'-125' straight .. but will it hold up to the giant TimeZone Raceway Park..180' + straight with many short straights .. So lots of hard braking... even the sinterd pads I have now will fade if not careful. (I also melted the srew hole in the tower) Take some pictures and let know your ideas...
We got the shim kits on order to take care of the clutch bell issue... I went to a Aluminum shoe to take the wear... any good insight on springs, shoe weight.. etc...
Also.. we all have been talking about diff lube weight.... spit it out boys!! Are you changing this form 100,000Frt and 50,000 Rear?...
Use play-doh for diff lube This s what dana and i use
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey FGsupply.com is throwing a Grand Prix race so if anybody in Sounthern Cal is interested in racing your GT8 Nitro or GT8 Electric bring them out.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well since I'm probably not going to make the Time Zone Race ....... thought I would give you a few brake solutions. Yes the DM1 original disk is easy to wear out. Changed to the option pad with two steel disks and had issues with the screws starting to pull through when running a longer main. Made this change and did a 1 hour race (sweeper on plus straight to tight 180 degree turn 230' total on power) with no issues. Pull the top mount out of the car, counter sink for a 3mm cup head screw on the back side and then use a 30mm length cap screw, so it becomes a "Stud". Put your brake pads on and hold with 3mm steel nylock nuts and you now can adjust the drag brake after each run if you want or need. Also helps to use the 150cc tank which "Un-Covers" the bake pad and gets more air to it. I'm testing just what you said, but not sure if it is better yet. 3 steel brake plates, 2 pads, and since you now have enough length to get the pad on pretty easy change with pulling the diff. Tell Mark Day ...... idea came from Grenade and he should laugh!!! But Doc will understand .........

Try some Xceed or Serpent Cleaning Gum for the front diff, just make sure you are pointed where you want to go before pulling the trigger. Not saying this works, but it has been tried.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Hey FGsupply.com is throwing a Grand Prix race so if anybody in Sounthern Cal is interested in racing your GT8 Nitro or GT8 Electric bring them out.

Hmm .. well if I could I would!!!.. the trophy Girl is reason enough for the trip down!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Well since I'm probably not going to make the Time Zone Race ....... thought I would give you a few brake solutions. Yes the DM1 original disk is easy to wear out. Changed to the option pad with two steel disks and had issues with the screws starting to pull through when running a longer main. Made this change and did a 1 hour race (sweeper on plus straight to tight 180 degree turn 230' total on power) with no issues. Pull the top mount out of the car, counter sink for a 3mm cup head screw on the back side and then use a 30mm length cap screw, so it becomes a "Stud". Put your brake pads on and hold with 3mm steel nylock nuts and you now can adjust the drag brake after each run if you want or need. Also helps to use the 150cc tank which "Un-Covers" the bake pad and gets more air to it. I'm testing just what you said, but not sure if it is better yet. 3 steel brake plates, 2 pads, and since you now have enough length to get the pad on pretty easy change with pulling the diff. Tell Mark Day ...... idea came from Grenade and he should laugh!!! But Doc will understand .........

Try some Xceed or Serpent Cleaning Gum for the front diff, just make sure you are pointed where you want to go before pulling the trigger. Not saying this works, but it has been tried.
I will let Mark know, thanks for the ideas.... hmmm cleaning gum.. ... Silly Puddy may be the place to start!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Actually it is 3 metal pads (stock) with 2 Avid phenolic disks. Worked great on last weekends track. Timezone will be another test. Also, because I broke during the main I never had more than 10 minutes at a time on them.

Troy

Last edited by Troy Mckune; 06-15-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Actually it is 3 metal pads (stock) with 2 Avid phenolic disks. Worked great on last weekends track. Timezone will be another test. Also, because I broke I never had more than 10 minutes on them.

Troy
That is the old store!! To finish first you need to first finish..

That is what testing is all about.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Clete I use 2 RC8 Factory Team break disks. One in front of the 2 speed and one in the back. The material works great plus it is made with and internal aluminum structure so it basically has its own heat disipation heat sink. You need to use them with metal calipers (no pads) and the wear is also great. Our track has 2 fairly long straits so I do abuse them for 45 minutes per main. The shortest is about 150ft to an almost hairpin turn so breaks are a must. Then you come to the back strait and that one is even longer.

As far as using putty or locking the fromt diff, IMO it takes too much steerimg out of the car. I use 100k up front but I like a very reactive car. I know some guys that use up to 300k. This is triap and error since no 2 drivers are the same so my set up may not work for you.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Clete,

You might want to consider what Jneg has posted, he knows the DM1S very well and races on a huge track.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jneg
Clete I use 2 RC8 Factory Team break disks. One in front of the 2 speed and one in the back. The material works great plus it is made with and internal aluminum structure so it basically has its own heat disipation heat sink. You need to use them with metal calipers (no pads) and the wear is also great. Our track has 2 fairly long straits so I do abuse them for 45 minutes per main. The shortest is about 150ft to an almost hairpin turn so breaks are a must. Then you come to the back strait and that one is even longer.

As far as using putty or locking the fromt diff, IMO it takes too much steerimg out of the car. I use 100k up front but I like a very reactive car. I know some guys that use up to 300k. This is triap and error since no 2 drivers are the same so my set up may not work for you.
I am on this!... Last night I pulled the car apart and cleaned and lubed the oneway bearing..I was suprised that it looked so good sinceI have not lubed it 1.5 gallons of fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.