Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pme
guys, as you know, the throttle for the car is prone to bumps of another car coz the throttle servo is placed on the side. even when theres protector bar, do you think that the bar can handle the force from a bump? and i just tested the car, the servo horn broke. what do you think should i do? is there a hop-up fot this (servo horn) coz i use the stock servo horn included in the kit. futaba. its a plastic. has any1 of u guys expericenced this? and any1 broke the throttle servo?
I am using an alum throttle arm made by 3Racing. It is so much better than the plastic servo horn. But, last time I saw it was out of stock at rc-toro.com.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
pme
Tech Adept

Default .

guys, my kit is new . our race is on sunday, i will go to the hobby shop tommorow, what spare parts do i need to buy???

Problem #1 : My friend hit me and my dogbone pop-out. according to the manual, put 1 o0ring in the outdrive. is it enough? or do i nedd to place fuel lines/hose to the outdrive? pls help.

Problem #2: its about the rim/wheel rubbing on my upright. i use speedmind 5 spoke.

Problem # 3 i lost a special washer on the servo horn designed on the throttle linkage (not on the servo) it is the bearing that placed before the screw. (on the linkage) do you think it will work w/o that washer?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 28t pinion

I have noticed that there is a 28T pinion. Is this for funning a 23/28. I was thinking of getting a tz.18 for just bashing against the 1/8s.Wonder if that would do it. lol
Old 09-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO
I have noticed that there is a 28T pinion. Is this for funning a 23/28. I was thinking of getting a tz.18 for just bashing against the 1/8s.Wonder if that would do it. lol
28T is for the FW05. Won't work for RRR's clutch bell. 23T is the highest you can go with a RRR.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Jeffrey, it was just a thought.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default v one rrr front diff

Hello I am trying to install a front diff on the rrr, and the diff housing
keeps hitting the servo saver ball joints. Im not sure if I should grind
the outside of the ball joints little. If anyone has any info on this it would be appreciated as i am not too happy driving the one way. thank you
Old 09-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I think Kyle posted a fix to this a couple of pages back.

You put a 1mm shim under the inner ball cups, on the servo saver. That will provide enough clearance so the tie-rods shouldn't hit the diff.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pme
guys, as you know, the throttle for the car is prone to bumps of another car coz the throttle servo is placed on the side. even when theres protector bar, do you think that the bar can handle the force from a bump? and i just tested the car, the servo horn broke. what do you think should i do? is there a hop-up fot this (servo horn) coz i use the stock servo horn included in the kit. futaba. its a plastic. has any1 of u guys expericenced this? and any1 broke the throttle servo?
bradir...get a nylon servo horn. right now i'm using a team magic nylon servo horn and it works great. haven't broken the nylon servo arm since i installed it on my v1rrr even after collisions....
Old 10-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
28T is for the FW05. Won't work for RRR's clutch bell. 23T is the highest you can go with a RRR.
fyi, 3 racing came out 18/24 steel pinion.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kitracer
fyi, 3 racing came out 18/24 steel pinion.
Kewl, I didn't get the OS yet anyway, picking up a top tsr today, but if a deal comes through I can't pass up, that might be the way to go
Old 10-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 3-racing parts

I just bought a V-one RRR wc edition and was wondering how the 3-racing aftermarket parts are on quality and fit? There are some products from 3-racing that I am interested in, but wanted to get opinions on the products before I spend the money. I am looking at getting all the pulleys in alluminum.
Any other recommendations for aftermarket parts or stock Kyosho parts would be greatly appreciated. I have been out of On-road for awhile and previously raced a Nitro TC3. Thanks in advance for any inputs. Take it easy.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default 3 racing parts

Spook:

If you are interested in 3 racing parts youcan find them at www.ethobbydistributor.com we have good stock on them, sometimes we run out of stock in some items, but they are ordered in a weekly basis.

I already sold a lot of them, and fit perfectly. A lot of racers locally had bought them for their cars. aslo there are some replacement parts that are much better than the stock ones. BTW will be adding Vone RRR original parts also very soon, we have them in stock already but haven't updated our web site.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookyeng
I just bought a V-one RRR wc edition and was wondering how the 3-racing aftermarket parts are on quality and fit? There are some products from 3-racing that I am interested in, but wanted to get opinions on the products before I spend the money. I am looking at getting all the pulleys in alluminum.
Any other recommendations for aftermarket parts or stock Kyosho parts would be greatly appreciated. I have been out of On-road for awhile and previously raced a Nitro TC3. Thanks in advance for any inputs. Take it easy.
Most of the 3racing parts are really poor quality, with the exception of the aluminum insert for the locked diff. The Kawahara parts are really nice, and seem to be much higher quality than the 3racing stuff.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

I would'nt run any aluminum pulleys, they add wieght and tear up belts.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookyeng
I purchased most of the 3Racing V1RRR parts at rc-toro.com. In terms of price, they are pretty much the lowest in the US. Oversea shop might be cheaper, but then you need to pay more in shippng and deal with custom fees.

3Racing's quality is ok. So far I never have any problems with them. I agree Kawahara is better. But, look at the price on Kawahara, it is way more expensive, and very hard to find. Kyosho Shimo is very nice also. But, again, the price is outrageous. I saw a engine mount at mushroom for $50+. 3Racing is only $30+.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.