Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghoppa
Hey Guys,

finally got to run the car today at the Silverbowl (Las Veags Home Track) and I gotta say, i was very impressed with the car. (I have ran a MTX3 for the past couple of years)......I went with Ron Atomics' set up and it was very good....The car is very stable, and handles turns much better than the Mugen (IMO). I was skeptical about how it compares, and I have to admit I really don't have to worry ("as much" anyways) about the possiblities of "traction rolling", as I did with my previous car. I still will have more testing with the car (next weekend), but I am going to love the car I KNOW IT!!!

Question #1: Anybody know where I can find a Kawahara "Blade" Rear Sway Bar for the car??? (in stock??)

Question #2: Do you have to buy (in Jaco's) 0mm offset wheels for the rear, and 2mm offset for the fronts???? I noticed on the "kit" tires there is an offset for the fronts. (Or just purchase "Power Tires" and not worry about it.... & are the Japanese Shops the only ones who carry the Power Tires) The reason I ask, is today I tried, Black Star (same as "Twister"), Elligi's (Orange Box) both @ 0mm offset (all around) and they both "rubbed" against the lower shock ball cup.....

Question #3: Anybody change the lower ball cups on the shocks to "captured"???? If so, what are the part numbes, and did it change "geometry of the shock travel/length????
The front is 0 deg. offset. You have too much steering throw if your ballcups are being rubbed. The rear is 2 deg offset. Once you have the steering throw setup you won't have a problem with the cups. Jaco makes 2 deg offset rear tires and you can also use the Fast tires from your mugen.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help at the track yesterday. Looking foward to see you more often. About the the gears again... 16/61 and 20/56?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wendellc1
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help at the track yesterday. Looking foward to see you more often. About the the gears again... 16/61 and 20/56?
No problem. Thank you for pitting me.

You need taller gearing for Revelation. The track is not that big but since traction is so high you need to run very small tires to avoid traction rolling. With small tires you need the taller gearing to compensate.

I had 17/60 23/55 on Sunday but 16/60 22/55 works good too. 16/61 20/56 is too low.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

Is it a must to use +2mm offset rear tyres with the wc stock setup? It is hard for me to find +2mm rear tyres in Australia. What would happen if i were to use 0mm offset for the rear? uneven wear rate or does it change the handling characteristic?

Tiger
Old 09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tiger266
Hi all,

Is it a must to use +2mm offset rear tyres with the wc stock setup? It is hard for me to find +2mm rear tyres in Australia. What would happen if i were to use 0mm offset for the rear? uneven wear rate or does it change the handling characteristic?

Tiger
It would change the handling. You can replace your rear universals with VSW007 which comes with 2mm offset.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

does anyone have Ron Atomic's setup sheet? I didnt get it the last time i saw him.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
It would change the handling. You can replace your rear universals with VSW007 which comes with 2mm offset.
so the stock wc comes with 0mm offset universal and uses the +2mm offset to make it +2mm?

If I were to use 2mm universal and 0mm tyres it would still handles like as if has 0mm universal and 2mm tyres?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

so the stock wc comes with 0mm offset universal and uses the +2mm offset to make it +2mm?

If I were to use 2mm universal and 0mm tyres it would still handles like as if has 0mm universal and 2mm tyres?
Yes!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Yes!
Instead of changing the universal to VSW007, Can i adjust the pivot balls 2mm outwards to compensate when using normal tyres?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Instead of changing the universal to VSW007, Can i adjust the pivot balls 2mm outwards to compensate when using normal tyres?
no, that way your bones won't be long enough for the rear diff outdrive.

You could put 2mm wheel spacers between the wheel and the wheel hex but you won't be able to tighten the wheel nuts all the way.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default hello

i have been using my diff with a locker in it and now i am about to use my 1 way how much better is that than the diff will i be able to cut in sharper corners and will yhe car handle better
Old 09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
The front is 0 deg. offset. You have too much steering throw if your ballcups are being rubbed. The rear is 2 deg offset. Once you have the steering throw setup you won't have a problem with the cups. Jaco makes 2 deg offset rear tires and you can also use the Fast tires from your mugen.
"How much steering throw (on Hudy Gauges) is recommend for 100% full "throw" do you all run???? Right now I have it set @ 100% which is "gauging" at 24* (am I makng sense to ya'??)

Will I rub ball cups if I were to run the tires that originally came in the kit (Power Tire??)
Old 09-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default hello 3 r

i just put my 1 way in my car and it seems like the universal does not fit in the outdrive far enough i screwed in the hubs and it still lookks like they still want to come out can anyone give me some help
Old 09-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by deviltires
i just put my 1 way in my car and it seems like the universal does not fit in the outdrive far enough i screwed in the hubs and it still lookks like they still want to come out can anyone give me some help
There is a spacer between the one way and the outdrive. Look in the instruction--did you miss that?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghoppa
"How much steering throw (on Hudy Gauges) is recommend for 100% full "throw" do you all run???? Right now I have it set @ 100% which is "gauging" at 24* (am I makng sense to ya'??)

Will I rub ball cups if I were to run the tires that originally came in the kit (Power Tire??)
I'm not sure how you are doing it. I do it by eye: looking at the outside wheel under full steering lock. I adjust the EPA until there is about a 1mm gap between the inside edge of the wheel and bottom shock ball cup.

It's all the same if you don't have your EPA adjusted correctly. The ball cups will still get abused.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.