Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WC RRR

:Sup ,everyone bobby here, sold the fwo5,picked me another rrr,the WC this time,an got the new maxpower motor an pipe combo,so i hve 1 with the evo3,an now its twin will be MAXXPOWERED look out bigtracks coming with a double triple threat
Old 08-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Novarossi Tuning

Hi,

After 2 months of without playing my car, then yesterday i went to the track and tried starting the engine, it start but the problem is it will idle only for maximum 8-10 seconds then the engine dies. My engine is just new so i wonder which screw should i turn in or out(Novarossi N12LL3), i have a feeling that its the low end... My top end screw is to 4 turns..but the low is im not sure..

Can someone help on this..

Thanks & that would be much appreciated.

morespeed...
Old 08-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bulletdays
Hi,

After 2 months of without playing my car, then yesterday i went to the track and tried starting the engine, it start but the problem is it will idle only for maximum 8-10 seconds then the engine dies. My engine is just new so i wonder which screw should i turn in or out(Novarossi N12LL3), i have a feeling that its the low end... My top end screw is to 4 turns..but the low is im not sure..

Can someone help on this..

Thanks & that would be much appreciated.

morespeed...
It's hard to tune an engine without being there. if I had to guess I would try leaning your low end by 1/2 turn and richen your top by 1/4 turn and see if that helps.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Jeffreylin

It's hard to tune an engine without being there. if I had to guess I would try leaning your low end by 1/2 turn and richen your top by 1/4 turn and see if that helps.

Thanks jeff, yah yer right its hard to tune without having it in front of you, but thanks for the idea.

Im using 16% Nitro, and Novarossi glow plug no.6(medium i think), is it a right combination, im thinkin that the reason its not idling properly is because of the glow plug...il try running it on glow plug no.5(hot) and see.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Thanks jeff, yah yer right its hard to tune without having it in front of you, but thanks for the idea.

Im using 16% Nitro, and Novarossi glow plug no.6(medium i think), is it a right combination, im thinkin that the reason its not idling properly is because of the glow plug...il try running it on glow plug no.5(hot) and see.
I assume you did use some form of after-run in your motor before you left it idle, 'cos if you left it with fuel in the carb and tank then you may find it has jellyfied in the jets which can be a s** to clear.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default building the rrr...

hey sguys
im up to the stage of putting the 2 speed in...

is it normal for the 1st gear to move back and forth about 1.5mm on that metal bushing that goes over the shaft ?

thanks
john
Old 08-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default ..the slack ..

hi again
i got rid of the slack by loosing the set screw that holds the 2 speed clutch shoes onthe shaft and pulling the shaft throught from the other side where the pull ey is then tightening back down the set screw.

however now there is about 2mm of movement

not sure if this right ?

thanks for any help
john
Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hi again
i got rid of the slack by loosing the set screw that holds the 2 speed clutch shoes onthe shaft and pulling the shaft throught from the other side where the pull ey is then tightening back down the set screw.

however now there is about 2mm of movement

not sure if this right ?

thanks for any help
john
You may need to shim it between the shaft bearings and the bulk head.
You want as little play as possible but making sure that none of the parts are binding at any point.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nimo is right, shim it a bit but no binding at all. With the motor and pinions installed, when you spin the front wheels backwards and then stop them quickly the spur gears should continue to spin freely for at least a few revolutions.

JEFF
Old 08-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

V1R Question:
After sitting in a closet for 2 years, It's time to make some noise and get my nitro fume fix again
What is needed to use the wide rear foams, the wheel shafts are too short to shim out and the tires hit the rear hubs.
I've looked up the RR parts: VZ202 hub, VZ080 swing shaft wide, VZ081 wheel shaft wide. Is anything else required ?
Also need a place to buy these parts.
Please help a wayward racer who lost his way running electrics
Thanks, Fred Forg
Old 08-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

A Novarossi #6 plug should work fine running 16% as long as the air temp isnt way too cold......it sounds to me like the low-end is running a bit rich if its not idling very long.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
V1R Question:
After sitting in a closet for 2 years, It's time to make some noise and get my nitro fume fix again
What is needed to use the wide rear foams, the wheel shafts are too short to shim out and the tires hit the rear hubs.
I've looked up the RR parts: VZ202 hub, VZ080 swing shaft wide, VZ081 wheel shaft wide. Is anything else required ?
Also need a place to buy these parts.
Please help a wayward racer who lost his way running electrics
Thanks, Fred Forg
You might get more response in the V1R thread...I'd help but I know nothing about the V1R.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

jeffreylin,
Didn't find a V1R thread in the 5 pages available, must be too old, like me, haha
Those are V1RR parts, just wondered if someones been around long enough to know if they will work.
Thanks for your response though.

Hey, try to beat Martin C, will ya
Fred
Old 08-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

jeffreylin,
Didn't find a V1R thread in the 5 pages available, must be too old, like me, haha
Those are V1RR parts, just wondered if someones been around long enough to know if they will work.

Fred
toss the v one rr rear up rights and get the v one rrr,the differents is night and day over the old up rights. www.rcmart.com will have what you need.what are you running for of set on the rims?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

jeffreylin,

Fred
Well, here is the V1R thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.